Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: One Way Heroics  (Read 27854 times)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: One Way Heorics
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 06:53:26 pm »

HEORES NEVRE DIE
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: One Way Heroics
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 07:06:15 pm »

Yeah, I played through a few times now, on the first attempt, I died within 5 minutes as a knight.
On the second go, I beat the game as a swordsman.

The only "crash" I've had so far is that there was one time when it was loading up the next segment, and it registered as me holding down the right and down keys, and the character keep running south-east, not accepting any input.

But other than that, so far so good, I've also beat it as a knight now, and just unlocked the Ranger.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 07:21:26 pm »

Hell yes, just won the game with Hero class and got my fifth perk.

Zenura!

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 10:12:38 pm »

This game is rad and I recommend it.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 10:28:30 pm »

Say do -durability attrition effects stack? I got like, -70 on a grand sword along with a bunch of effects and I'm wondering if I can hit -100 and make it essentially unbreakable.

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 12:05:10 am »

Gotta say, this is a great game. I really like the companions in this game but most of them, they break my heart

Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 12:18:32 am »

Spoiler: About the ending (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: nitpick (click to show/hide)

I beat the game the normal way, but haven't done the extra endings yet. I did watch someone do so, however, and you're not that far off.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 12:22:07 am »

Please fix the typo in the title, it's driving me batty :P

::doh::

And double ::doh:: for the double post.  :-[

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 12:48:25 am »

Heheh, this game is pretty fun. :D

Just started playing though but I think Its definitely worth the money.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 12:54:55 am »

Saw this thread and picked up the game, and I've already sunk 4 hours into it. :P

Tons of fun, right now I'm running a swordsmaster speed build with tons of +AGI and a bracelet of speed. Haven't beaten the dark lord yet but I came very close on my last run.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 12:58:08 am »

Spoiler: My first victory (click to show/hide)

Bash and Berserk are superb skills to have. When you have a tight schedule to move east, the ability to instantly break walls and output great burst damage are extremely valuable.

Last night I found out that axes are superior weapons for killing walls, chests, skeletons and golems, and it grants you an additional skill. And so I got SS rank in treasure pick-up, but killed by the Demon King.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 01:00:11 am »

In one of my runs (which I had to quit without being able to save) I tried a swordmaster who took nothing but brawler perks, because why not.
Surprisingly effective.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 01:09:09 am »

Gah! Stupid Bandits.  :-\

Always managing to catch up to me, but I managed to get the furthest I have gotten yet at 198km so that's something! I had a snow field that went on forever and picked up a bunch of Snow Crista grass so I could sell it. But wouldn't you know it? I didn't find a single shop that entire time...

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 01:27:56 am »

Gah! Stupid Bandits.  :-\

Always managing to catch up to me, but I managed to get the furthest I have gotten yet at 198km so that's something! I had a snow field that went on forever and picked up a bunch of Snow Crista grass so I could sell it. But wouldn't you know it? I didn't find a single shop that entire time...

Enemies take direct paths to you... with some Agility+, you can walk around water/mountain and use the terrain to block them.

Towns and dungeons tend to be rectangular in shape. It also depends on the terrain you got - volcanic and desert for instances won't have a lot of friendly NPCs.

Don't overlook maps! Area/treasure maps are very helpful.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 01:30:55 am by kcwong »

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 01:32:35 am »

Enemies take direct paths to you... with some Agility+, you can walk around water/mountain and use the terrain block them.

Yeah, I've been trying to avoid them but they seem to always catch up with me. D:

Towns and dungeons tend to be rectangular in shape. It also depends on the terrain you got - volcanic and desert for instances won't have a lot of friendly NPCs.

I think I was just having really bad luck because I tend to notice towns and stuff, but who knows... I probably overlooked one of the only towns I could go to.  :-\

Don't overlook maps! Area/treasure maps are very helpful.

Yeah, I thought so... I may or may not have left some of them behind when I came across them... I probably shouldn't have done that. xP
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13