Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: One Way Heroics  (Read 27863 times)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One Way Heroics
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2014, 05:09:52 pm »

I'm at that stage where just have too much epic stuff in Dimensional Vault that just makes me not want to use it anymore, I am just trying to do all classes in hard mode without using vault, although I still haven't unlocked the hardest difficulty yet (or at least I think there is only 1 more level....)

But having a lot of trouble with hunter and bard, just way too easy to get killed quickly by enemies and not doing enough damage, really hard for hunter especially as it's tough to find force arrows which are super important while bard it just seems like luck of when companions arrive.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2014, 05:58:44 pm »

The neat trick with hunters is you don't actually have to use bows. You can, ferex, load up on pro-wrestler and punch everything to death, something made even easier than normal because your hunter-sense lets you home in on helpless victims worthy foes. Or just do normal stabby stuff, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2014, 06:00:19 pm »

This game is 1.99 on their main website for those who haven't bought it yet.

http://playism-games.com/games/onewayheroics/

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2014, 06:05:00 pm »

Played around with this briefly last night. I really need to look up the controls for the game. I mostly floundered around and died a few times figuring things out. But it looks promising.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2014, 06:55:21 pm »

Holy Weapons/Armor are soooo broken. I eventually got a key and temple, and I beat the second difficulty level with no problems at all. Heck, I was finally able to open treasure chests without using a Berserk Bash. And hit down walls in one hit.

But now I'm sad because it's down to 40-something durability. The Demon Lord took quite a few hits to kill with all his barriers.

Now to find out about these secret endings. I wish there were some spoiler guides somewhere.

EDIT: Oh, new difficulty level D: Does beating level 3 get you anything unlocked? I'm going to need more of those holy room keys.

If you are new to the game, my first newbie tip is to use that pot that the King gives you in easy mode every 12 hours. It's crazy helpful for tight spots.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:57:53 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2014, 07:32:26 pm »

Quuuiiinnnn!!!  I stupidly choose to talk to your ghost at Bay12.    The one near the beginning.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2014, 07:49:37 pm »

Quuuiiinnnn!!!  I stupidly choose to talk to your ghost at Bay12.    The one near the beginning.

That was at the beginning of my playing today, I think! Where was it? D:
I should play on Bay12 more often. We should come up with a selection of a few different levels though, I don't like being on the same one again and again.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2014, 07:53:59 pm »

to finish Bard on Gruelling Campaign Maniac Mode :D

No luck with hunter but doing it with
seems a bit too easy so I don't want to try that.

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2014, 07:55:48 pm »

Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2014, 07:57:14 pm »

Man, the name modifiers on some of these NPCs can be great.
I just met a "Naughty Sensible Old Lady" who told me how she's going to die in a couple minutes, but lovingly gave me some advice first. Nice gal.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2014, 07:58:34 pm »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2014, 08:09:43 pm »

Huh. I found a shopkeep with a _really_ expensive sword (20k+)...so I slaughtered him as his old lady friend sat and watched before giving me some advice as I left. Of course, the guards in the next town weren't happy, but I went on for a while. After finally getting killed by a guard in a volcano a bit further, I learn the sword is just an Eagle Sword with the "expensive" attribute, only actually worth about 4,500 gold :(

Is there any way to attack peaceful people without throwing things at them? It's a bit silly if that's so.

Also, looking through the forum/Google Translated devlog, it looks like there are plans to have a "Plus" version in the future, possibly as a DLC. Normally I'm not a fan of DLC, but that would actually be great! D:

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2014, 08:15:47 pm »

I should play on Bay12 more often. We should come up with a selection of a few different levels though, I don't like being on the same one again and again.
12th Bay  ?

Around 55km.  Where there are two towns and a large hook of mountain/lake.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2014, 08:19:16 pm »

12th Bay  ?

Around 55km.  Where there are two towns and a large hook of mountain/lake.

Maybe!

Oh yuck, those are the worst. I remember that, was so busy talking with people and then I got trapped. Shoulda used my Awakening to get through.

What is the "you can sense the presence of many demons...better be careful!" message? I've seen it twice but noticed nothing. Is it random?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2014, 08:30:13 pm »

Usually, you'll encounter more enemies.  Usually.  I think you are more likely to see the triangle icon strengths?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13