Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: Let's Argue to Death!: Turn 4: Korean Invasion  (Read 26176 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Argue to Death!: Turn 2 is a go!
« Reply #210 on: March 07, 2014, 05:06:34 pm »

There are so many fallacies in that statement I don't even want to count them.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 07, 2014, 05:14:52 pm »

mhhm

Just want everyone to know that's not what i think irl or how im going to play this game.

Except i will try some ecological initiatives in the hopes i can create a new no-pollution synthetic oil that will eventually trump the middle east. Which as a reaction make my country a economic superpower.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 07, 2014, 08:20:43 pm »

drop nuclear weapons on Australia
Yourmaster is the Civilization Ghandi of this game.

Obviously Iran will loudly denounce fiendish nuclear Americans.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 07, 2014, 09:08:32 pm »

drop nuclear weapons on Australia
The Chinese administration will quietly watch with amusement as the American President, plainly having descended into lunacy, is quietly deposed impeached and replaced by President Biden before any nuclear weapons can actually be launched.

Signs of the oncoming apocalypse: People are suggesting "President Biden" with a straight face.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:12:46 pm by Culise »

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 07, 2014, 09:41:53 pm »

I'm not the president. I just kinda floated off from my space ship and landed on a planet of half evolved apes... but any of you are allowed to join me and America!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:45:21 pm by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 08, 2014, 01:51:45 am »

Remind me to have Yourmaster assasinated or something.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 08, 2014, 01:53:38 am »

If we're going to set up who we are can I be god king of Canada and Moose?

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 08, 2014, 01:59:11 am »

mhhm

Just want everyone to know that's not what i think irl or how im going to play this game.

Except i will try some ecological initiatives in the hopes i can create a new no-pollution synthetic oil that will eventually trump the middle east. Which as a reaction make my country a economic superpower.

*twitch* *twitch* GAAAH! the punctuation!
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 08, 2014, 07:37:14 am »

mhhm

*twitch* *twitch* GAAAH! the punctuation!

There there. It's the internet, honestly do you expect anyone to use proper grammar? It may be painful to look at but that can't be the first time you've seen English grammar completely mangled right?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 08, 2014, 07:43:04 am »

It's not even that bad, honestly. Mostly just a lack of capitalization as well as a dubious bit of grammar in the last sentence.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 08, 2014, 08:15:06 am »

Remind me to have Yourmaster assasinated or something.
D'ya think I can have him politically assassinated by increasing taxes for American corporations based on my territory if he does that? Surely the lobbyists won't enjoy having a top grade tax heaven reduce their profits like that.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 08, 2014, 10:35:15 am »

I've started writing up the turn, so please do not add orders or edit your orders now. I'm sorry for the delay, but I had to think how to handle Yourmaster's actions. At first I wanted to veto it in one way or another, but an impeachment couldn't be done (after all the rules state that the player control the whole government, so in this case including Congress). So you'll see what solution I choose below.

Also Yourmaster, you're banned from grabbing another country.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 08, 2014, 12:01:20 pm »

What?
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 08, 2014, 12:45:00 pm »

I've started writing up the turn, so please do not add orders or edit your orders now. I'm sorry for the delay, but I had to think how to handle Yourmaster's actions. At first I wanted to veto it in one way or another, but an impeachment couldn't be done (after all the rules state that the player control the whole government, so in this case including Congress). So you'll see what solution I choose below.

Also Yourmaster, you're banned from grabbing another country.
Heh, if he's just a self-described alien who floated off a space ship, just disappear him and send him to Area 51. :P

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 08, 2014, 02:13:27 pm »

Well, I don't like trolls in my games.

Turn 3
1st of May 2014

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crisis List (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (HUGE!) (click to show/hide)

America

You order an unprovoked first strike on your ally Australia. Your chief-of-staff immediately resign in protest. After several rounds of nomination and resignation, you finally find someone willing to order it. However, in missile bases and submarin across the country, operators suddenly announce they were down for maintenance, or mess with the coordinates to send most of the strike crashing harmlessly in the Australian outback. Only Sydney is turned into nuclear ashes.

Aboard the USS Henry M. Jackson a SSBN cruising in the Pacific, ensign Peter Jack, an Australian-American, was in charge of entering the coordinate of the missile strikes. Willing to try any mean to save his country, he redirected the Tridents to Washington, DC. Each Trident bear 8 W88 warheads, each of them 30 time to power of the bomb that struck Hiroshima. In one strike, the US government and Congress is eliminated, leaving nothing but rubbles and Constitutional uncertainty behind.

America's government is destroyed, Yourmaster leaves the game.

Australia

You open your borders to refugees. No one seems to mind, since your biggest city just got nuked. Indonesia and PNG drop the complaining about coal and send aids and field hospitals to help you deal with the catastrophe. All NPCs government of the region come to your meeting to try to find how to deal with a potentially rogue US.

New Zealand

You continue to prepare for an Australian attack.

Poland

You offer the Ukrainian government asylum, which they accept as they prefer to be near their country. While they ramp up UPA activities thanks to your funding, you move troops to the Belorussian border and start listing the Russians citizens on your country. You soon have a complete lists, complete with their links to the Russian government and the various pressures the KGB to exert over them.

Canada

You extend the open border treaty to Mexico, causing a flood of Mexicans to emigrate to Canada and some tensions. A lot more refugees from the now radioactive East Coast keep coming to Canada, putting strains on the local governments.

Meanwhile, you offer assistance to the DPRK.

You prepare plans for high-speed trains between your main cities. It would be expensive, but create jobs.

Denmark

Somehow the protestors listen to the Queen. They remove themselves from the main squares, although you still have large march against the new Church. Some of the ministers you brought in turned up dead in a ditch.

Plans are made for a "pocket battleship", actually a sort of missile destroyer. You don't have the facilities to build it yet.

Germany

Some protesters wants to go on, but the spineless SPD politicians are too happy to get back into government. Mostly, everyone is to worried about the new, dangerous world to complain about a moderate increase in military spending. You start building defenses on the Polish border.

Spoiler: Classified (click to show/hide)

India

Your speech isn't widely watched. There simply isn't any mechanism to make watching a speech mandatory, plus a lot of people don't speak the same language or don't have a TV. It's influence is minimal.

You also start huge, expensive projects to build railway across the Himalaya and build a water-borne ship/air production complex and design a large aircraft.

Qatar was glad to sign a defensive treaty, but that was before "protection" meant half a million troops invading and taking oil for less than it's market value. It immediately shut down oil exports to India until the invasion is called off.

Between Indians' love for gold, your relentless building spree and the hike in oil prices following Qatari embargo, your currency reserves are getting dangerously low. You may have to default on your foreign debt if you don't act quickly.

Swaziland

You grab the morning paper, and see that the fuck if apparently raping the shit as they're heading toward the fan. You start thinking how cool a political cartoon that would make, when an aide gets into your office, handing you the daily HIV report. You're still number one in the world, with 25,8% of adults infected. Your countrymen, but you have to give it to them: no one spread STDs like the Swazis!

Your land reform goes wonderfully well, with local chiefs only grabbing 4/5 of the now privatized land (ouch, bad roll). This means a lot of now landless peasants flood to the shanties of Lombamba. Again, a prime recruiting ground to replace all those soldiers you keep loosing to HIV.

South Africa sends you a text telling you how chill they are.

Russia

The government in exile insist you must leave the whole of Ukraine. Meanwhile, partisans are inflicting heavy losses on your troops. In Sevastopol, a car bombing leave 54 deads with "The Crimean Emirate" claiming responsibility. Maybe you could pressure other countries into pressuring the Ukrainian government?

Mexico

You open your borders with the US, and benefit from the increase in remissions. Drug legalization along with the open borders all but kill the illegal drug market in the southern United State and greatly weaken the Cartel.

Flush with cash from remissions and drugs, you start building up your renewable energy program. You're fairly confident you can replace 2% of your electricity mix with renewable per month.

Oh, and you found a comple blueprint of the Avro Arrow you had stolen from the Canadian in the old days!

UK

You send troops to occupy Ireland. While you face little military opposition, you have huge protests everywhere, blocking the whole of London. The Scottish government calls on Scottish troops not to serve in Ireland, and many desert. Meanwhile, as a results of your recent actions the polls now predict 70% in favor of independence.

China

You start an ambitious program of naval expension. Based on previous construction, the amphibious ships and submarines should be ready in 11 months, the aircraft carriers in 20.

In addition to pushing for nuclear power, you sign trade deal with both Mongolia and Khazakhstan, letting Chinese money flow into their countries. You start producing anti-ships weapons, you should have working prototype in a couple months.

Latvia

You help the UPA and instaure new economic policies, that lower unemployment rate to 9%.

France

Your push for a more united EU is well-received by NPCs. You'll need the accord of the player countries to make it pass though.

Other than that, you do some economic reforming.

Brazil

You announce plans to legalize everything. It is badly received by the Church, but the population wait to look at the Mexican experiment.
You organize a meeting with the other South American countries to discuss Ukraine. They all agree that Ukrain should be left alone. You send a submarine to watch the DPRK.

In the favelas, your crackdown bring civil war of the kind not seen since the 70's in the cities across the country. You might want to do something about it.

Vatican

You send aid to the Irish, raising the standing of the catholic church there.

Iran

You'll need to make a deal with PCs members if you want the EU to life sanctions.

Slovenia

You increase the military budget.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23