Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: Let's Argue to Death!: Turn 4: Korean Invasion  (Read 26185 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Argue to Death!: Turn 2 is a go!
« Reply #135 on: March 05, 2014, 03:24:19 pm »

If he says no can i at LEAST have Brazil?
You can have Brazil without any arguments, as you'd be the first to request it. Also, if you'd like, Japan- world's third biggest economy - is still up for grabs.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Argue to Death!: a WW3 simulator (or not)
« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2014, 03:28:59 pm »

I'll take all neutral land(including the parts of the ocean that are pretty much always frozen), dark blue, and a bigger map!

ERROR: "All neutral land" is not a valid country.

Urist McDwarf, if you read the OP, you'll see that America is already taken. If Yourmaster is okay, you can co-manage the country (I'd suggest one plays Congress and the other play Obama).
I was asking Yourmaster.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 05, 2014, 03:32:02 pm »

Yeah, of course. Also guys, remember the game's name. If you don't think than Indonesia would side with Australia here, feel free to argue for it. Same for anything that involve NPCs or the population reacting. Sending troops to kill the partisans in Ukraine may be less effective than arguing why there shouldn't be much resistance in the first place.

This game is not only about diplomacy and strategy, but about good, knowledgeable prose about the world's affair.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2014, 04:07:14 pm »

Okay then i pick Brazil and i want a Baby blue color.

I will turn Brazil into an economic powerhouse and rip banking control from switzerlands hands easy way or the hard way...god knows i don't know how to do it the hard way though.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 05, 2014, 04:19:31 pm »

Yeah, of course. Also guys, remember the game's name. If you don't think than Indonesia would side with Australia here, feel free to argue for it. Same for anything that involve NPCs or the population reacting. Sending troops to kill the partisans in Ukraine may be less effective than arguing why there shouldn't be much resistance in the first place.

This game is not only about diplomacy and strategy, but about good, knowledgeable prose about the world's affair.
So, for your specific example, something like how a political federation between the two would be completely jumping the gun given the present diplomatic relations between the two (warm on average, but far from equal or united), how Australian population would suddenly view entering into a single nation with Indonesia given the significant undercurrent among certain parts of the populace about Indonesian boat people (making illegal immigration legal doesn't actually solve the problems behind why "illegal immigration" was an issue in the first place), or how relations between them specifically are presently rather strained due to the scandal a couple months back where Australian agencies tried to tap the cell phones of the Indonesian president, his family, and his senior officials?  I don't know, since even this post feels a bit like undercutting other players...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2014, 04:35:06 pm »

Exactly. And well, this is a game. People are invading each others, and everyone started by building as much military hardware as they could. I don't believe you need those aircrafts carriers to be nice to people. Arguments are just another tools (and probably the most effective) against other players.

Of course it can work positively too. Your detailed, knowledgeable, logical posts have made your actions much more fruitful than that of many other countries for example.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2014, 04:55:34 pm »

Who hasn't posted actions yet?
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2014, 04:57:00 pm »

No fucking idea, but it's 11 pm here, updating take at least one hour, and I need to get up at 6 tomorrow morning, because I have classes from 8h30 to 18h, then I'm going to a concert. So don't expect an update until Saturday, unless I finish my lab in half the expected time or something.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2014, 04:57:12 pm »

Exactly. And well, this is a game. People are invading each others, and everyone started by building as much military hardware as they could. I don't believe you need those aircrafts carriers to be nice to people. Arguments are just another tools (and probably the most effective) against other players.

Of course it can work positively too. Your detailed, knowledgeable, logical posts have made your actions much more fruitful than that of many other countries for example.
You'd be surprised how much love and peace you can deliver from a J-15 strike fighter.  Nothing says friendship like thirty Flying Sharks. :P

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2014, 05:01:01 pm »

I don't remember you specifying that your cruise missiles should have a flower compartment. :p

Anyway, it IS undercutting other players, but undercutting other players IS what this game is about.

Also, since I'm planning to bike to uni tomorrow I can look at a solid 45 km of bicycle, so again, don't expect an update tonight.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2014, 07:29:25 pm »

Okay i beleive im the leader of Brazil now right?

Baby blue aww yeah!

-Announce to the nation of our plans to start legalizing EVERYTHING from cocaine and heroin to prostitution. Also that were setting up think tank of Political, Economic, and social leaders to find out the best way to implement this. {basically were not doing this right away. were going to be smart about it.}

-Also call together some leaders in South america for a summit to gauge what they storm question about the "Ukraine Question".

-Call the Americans to ask for help in setting up power-plants and expand the power grid across the country.

-Secretly contact the Russians and ask them to please stop the war. We don't need that shit right now man. But be firm we don't want any part of it.

-Get the Intelligence and internal committee's together for a nationwide crack down on the Favella's. Find good targets like leadership, gun storage's, hang outs, and most importantly where they keep their money. Once this is known hit them with a joint Police and Army raid. Check points, barriers, blind eye to trigger happy authorities, and ready up our prisons. We only take the favela gang's leadership and their most notorious "robin hood" like gangsters. The rest "disappear. Again only go until information is on my desk and i Green light it.{{THIS IS SUPER SECRET}}

-Call Japan and south Korea saying we got their back and send a submarine to keep watch on the North's Navy. Keep an eye on their navy and have that ship communicate with Japan, South Korea, and the Americans.

-Call in some scientist to find out more ways get phosphorous or an alternative. Promise good funding and National recognition if someone can come up with something. {open it up to the public if the current experts got dirt.}

-Call mexico on the prospect of uniting latin america nation fellows and it's raw mineral reserves to better control market value. If done correctly we would basically hold the world hostage of resources. Kind of like Switzerland over their. {{XD LOLZ}}

-Call Denmark to laugh at their protests to laugh at them over their own people going ape shit on them.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:44:22 pm by 3man75 »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2014, 09:37:17 pm »

So, for your specific example, something like how a political federation between the two would be completely jumping the gun given the present diplomatic relations between the two (warm on average, but far from equal or united), how Australian population would suddenly view entering into a single nation with Indonesia given the significant undercurrent among certain parts of the populace about Indonesian boat people (making illegal immigration legal doesn't actually solve the problems behind why "illegal immigration" was an issue in the first place), or how relations between them specifically are presently rather strained due to the scandal a couple months back where Australian agencies tried to tap the cell phones of the Indonesian president, his family, and his senior officials?  I don't know, since even this post feels a bit like undercutting other players...
Ah, but it isn't uniting into one country; it's following the example of our EU brothers and banding together to aid each other against the rest of the world. Plus I got a coup,e of ideas to deal with the boat people problem.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2014, 09:39:14 pm »

But it isn't the rest of the world. It's one country that's at a severe disadvantage.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2014, 10:41:20 pm »

I can see how a Pacific Union could be beneficial to all parties involved; yet Culise makes a good point: current diplomatic relations between Australia, Indonesia and PNG aren't at their best, not to mention the bad press Australia is (still?) getting from the Manus situation. Unless Australia resolves that situation, I don't see how Indonesia and PNG would be willing to join the proposed Pacific Union, even with the encroaching US naval force.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2014, 10:55:07 pm »

I can see how a Pacific Union could be beneficial to all parties involved; yet Culise makes a good point: current diplomatic relations between Australia, Indonesia and PNG aren't at their best, not to mention the bad press Australia is (still?) getting from the Manus situation. Unless Australia resolves that situation, I don't see how Indonesia and PNG would be willing to join the proposed Pacific Union, even with the encroaching US naval force.
Or especially with an encroaching US naval force.  Join Australia and irritate an America which seems to have gotten a bee in its bonnet for some mysterious reason, or join America and dine the meal of the jackal, or even stay neutral and watch the fireworks. 
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23