Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: Let's Argue to Death!: Turn 4: Korean Invasion  (Read 26170 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Argue to Death!: Turn 2 is a go!
« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2014, 07:14:26 am »

Canada, eh

INTERNAL AFFAIRS
Finish the work on our weapons.

Encourage the Canadian people to accept our American guests with open arms.

Begin putting extra research into renewable energy.

Begin making plans for increasing infrastructure. Maybe a train line like in Japan... It would also make a lot of new jobs ya know.

Foreign affairs

Offer to form a coalition against the DRPK.

If it would be efficient offer political asylum to the Ukraine.

Accept open borders with Mexico.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:18:13 am by kj1225 »

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2014, 07:41:27 am »

Denmark

Turn 2

Foreign Affairs
Denmark is upset that its fellow Nordic countries will not join it in leaving the EU. It continues to prepare to leave the EU.

Internal Affairs
The Queen of Denmark Gives a speech in front of the Protestors telling them that the New national religion will not prevent them from practicing there old ones she simply wishes to show the world how much Denmark supports Russia.

The Queen also funds a expedition of Russian Orthodox ministers to Denmark in hopes of converting the populace of Copenhagen.

Internal Production

Continued Production
[spoiler]The New Eastern Orthodox Church is to be finished by mid June in 2015 a full 600 million dollars shall be committed to its construction and it shall be built with the use of government and civilian contractors. It shall be built out of Dark Stone blocks.

A new Port facility shall be constructed on the Northern end of the Jutland peninsula. East of the City of Aalborg near the small town of Hou. The Dock will be meant to maintain up to 12 vessels with a 500 meter in length. and two ships 1500 meters in length. Along with Dry dock facilities to produce 1500 meters in length. The budget for production is 11 billion us dollars./spoiler]

Research
Research is beginning on allowing Denmark to produce a new modern battleship it shall follow the pattern of the Old German pocket battleships although it will be powered by a nuclear reactor and the only traditional gun's on it will be two sets of 50 inch guns mounted on the front the whole rear section of the ship shall be devoted to missile storage bays it should be able to store 24 cruise missiles and 1 intercontinental ballistic missile
Diplomacy
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 07:23:15 pm by cheesemcmuffin88 »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2014, 08:25:41 am »

Aww, I wanted to build an orbital Ark cannon. Oh well. Que Torah, Torah.

I'm waiting on Iran before I make a move, I really really hope this new guy is a moderate.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2014, 08:30:44 am »

foreign affairs

Offer the Ukrainian's Asylum, and try to raise awareness to the UN, the EU, and NATO, about the crisis in Ukraine.

Continue to promote the EC, and put to the fact that the EU is primarily a economic plan, whereas the EC would be a more effective UN, essentially, and only temporary due to the Russian threat.
internal affairs/infrastructure

Begin a massive propaganda campaign, basing the increase in militarism on the current threat posed by Russia. Compare Putin with Stalin, and Russia with the Soviet's of old.
Begin string of in-depth defensive fortifications along the eastern border. Increase the incentive to join the army, and boost volunteer rates, as well as propaganda for the Bundeswehr as well. Begin production of Deutschland Engineering! tanks in the new factories. Mobilize the Bundeswehr and Luftwaffe, and call for a national emergency. Allow other EU nations to move through Germany's borders to reach the battle grounds in the Ukraine.
Begin a program to expand the Heer by double over next five years.

Admit the fallacies of trying such radical reforms in the current economic and political structure. Reinstate previously taken away social benefits and elections, but put Günther Lütjens in charge of the FMD (Federal Ministry of Defense), as he is a capable general. Placate rioters, but continue to propagate military growth at a more reduced rate.

Increase military funding from the current 1.3 percent of the GDP to 3 percent. Do this by slightly increasing the taxes on the automotive industry, and increasing tariffs on imported vehicles to stimulate internal growth.

Also, apologize profusely and return the BMW plants back to their producers.

Research
________
Spoiler: classified (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 08:41:51 am by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2014, 08:39:21 am »

Hassya Ayssah of India!

(Public) Make a huge speech to the Indian people with viewing mandatory. It focuses on how India has grown to become a world power equal to any other, and that we should demonstrate our ability to change the world. "Times will be difficult for a little while, but soon, very soon, the world shall know for the first time, the INFINITE MIGHT OF INDIA AND IT'S PEOPLE!"
(Public) Build a large ship and aircraft construction complex on the ocean, claim its for building a new size of cruise liners.
(Public) Use good relations with Qatar to get discounted prices on oil. Use extra funds to begin replacing our older cars with more efficient models, and try to reduce the oil dependency of the nation. This goes hand-in-hand with the construction of new solar arrays across the nation.
(Public) Build a large railway network into China to invigorate the economy.
(<Classified>)Move 500,000 troops to Qatar with a large stockpile of food and supplies. Attempt to land at several locations to hide our numbers, prevent news from getting out.
(<Classified>)Start a new anti-terrorist department, designed to intercept both religious terrorists and agents of oil-producing countries.
(<Classified>)Construct some new warships designed to carry large amounts of cruise missiles.
(<Classified>)Design a new line of ultra-large aircraft designed to carry strike troopers and squads.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2014, 08:51:30 am »

Color: Orange or if taken baby blue. (Prefer Orange)

First order of business legalise cocaine and other drugs by regulating via licenses and taxes. By bye cartels.

Talk to France about expanding trade with us.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2014, 08:57:55 am »

I shall join as glorious Swaziland!

Internal Affairs:
  • Read the paper. See what the fuck is going on in the world.
  • Check how we're doing on that HIV epidemic. Still terribly? Shake head in shame if yes.
  • See if we're doing anything about that Swazi Nation Land that's doing fuck-all for our economy. Check if we can't put that land reform on the fast track. Increase number of Title Deed Lands, decrease amount of SNL - this subsistence farming bullshit is really screwing us over.
  • Check how the Umbutfo Swaziland Defense Force are doing.

Foreign Affairs:
  • Tell South Africa that everything's all cool and chill here as usual. Be cordial, yet polite.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2014, 09:03:10 am »

I like your style bro.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2014, 09:14:44 am »

Russia
War In Ukraine (Soon To Be Over, Hopefully)
Begin peace negotiations since we now hold Kiev. Crimea is to be given over immediately, while the Ukraine will be allowed to be it's own independent state.

Foreign Affairs
Release press conference stating that while the situation in the Ukraine was unfortunate, Russia needed to take action to defend the ethnic Russians within Crimea. Taking Kiev was simply a negotiating tactic. Now, if the EU wishes to turn this into World War Three, they may do it without Russia's assistance as the flashpoint is almost complete. Perhaps it would be better to pay attention to the rather insane debacle in Australia.

Continue to applaud Denmark's insistence in becoming an ally with Russia.

Send envoy to Australia. "Your cause is 100% justified, and we would be happy to send any assistance you would require. All we need is your approval. While the Australian army is indeed one to be reckoned with, so is the Russian army. And what is better then two forces who are both terrifyingly powerful combining into one very very powerful alliance? Please consider this."

(OOC: Yes, I am allying with Australia. This is going to be one weird future.)

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2014, 09:29:28 am »

Mexico

Foreign Affairs

Offer to extend Open Borders with US and Canada. Propose Pan-American Schengen-type plan.
Send request to North American countries (Including USA and Canada) to begin conferences pertaining the best way to improve relations economically and diplomatically between the mainland (Already covered by NAFTA) and the Carribean.
Condemn Russian invasion of Ukraine. Officially offer asylum to the exiled Ukrainian government, recall ambassador to Russia.
Publicly commend Australia for their opening of refugee and immigrant channels for Indonesians and Papuans. (Hinthint, i'm Indonesian :D)

Internal Affairs
Meet with all ministers of state and get briefed upon all matters related to Cartels operating in Mexico. Consider widespread drug legalization to end Drug war.
Raise public support for open-border agreements, raising the point that it would make immigration/emigration much simpler.
Begin reforming energy production into more renewable sectors, especially wind turbines in Mexican highlands. Slowly. Don't need no economic collapses.
Search intelligence databases for anything related to the Avro Arrow.
OI. 3man75, MEXICO IS MINE.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:04:09 am by ansontan2000 »
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2014, 09:31:17 am »

Can't you two be reasonable and share Mexico?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2014, 09:33:22 am »

Butbutbut....DRUGS!
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2014, 09:42:04 am »

Can't you two be reasonable and share Mexico?
Really, I don't think anyone wants to share. Remuthra.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Epichighfive321

• Bay Watcher
  • What?! I've never even heard of 4chan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2014, 10:46:13 am »

England
------
Start the manufacturing of nuclear weapons.
------
Station troops at major population centers in the british isles
------
Begin the annexation of Ireland
Insert something that would make you think I'm clever here

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2014, 10:48:06 am »

Butbutbut....DRUGS!
Possible solution: you play the government, he plays the cartels.  After all, it's not like they're going to go away just because they're legal now; they'll just turn into businesses.  Everyone wins, except the people of Mexico. :P
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23