Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: Let's Argue to Death!: Turn 4: Korean Invasion  (Read 26128 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Argue to Death!: Turn 2 is a go!
« Reply #270 on: March 12, 2014, 03:35:42 pm »

{spoiler.} this? {./spoiler}

[spiler.] secret orders [./spoiler]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: thank you all for your help!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 03:38:25 pm by 3man75 »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 12, 2014, 03:36:18 pm »

Use [ not { and no dots.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 12, 2014, 03:42:10 pm »

But 375, wouldn't digging a hole straight to Russia make the Earth collapse on itself? Oh wait I'm not supposed to read the spoilers am I.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 12, 2014, 03:49:06 pm »

3man75: I'll only read your main post when doing the turn, so put everything there. For diplomacy, I guess MPs will be more effective. Don't forget to copy me in.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 12, 2014, 03:50:39 pm »

3man75: I'll only read your main post when doing the turn, so put everything there. For diplomacy, I guess MPs will be more effective. Don't forget to copy me in.

Just forget it and use the main post back their.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 12, 2014, 07:39:18 pm »

WHEN U UPDATE THREAD?!
ME GET BORED!
lolololol
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 07:03:17 am by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 12, 2014, 09:11:10 pm »

Shut up Tawarochir. Don't be an arse.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 12, 2014, 09:30:18 pm »

WHEN U UPDATE THREAD?!
ME GET BORED!
lolololol

If he feels like it, you don't pay him so don't expect much, and if he DOES produce something then applaud it.
That's how I feel.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 12, 2014, 10:06:02 pm »

Meddle not with the update schedules of GMs, for they are unsubtle and quick to anger. ^_^

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 13, 2014, 02:46:17 am »

WHEN U UPDATE THREAD?!
ME GET BORED!
lolololol
Be careful. With some GMs, a post like that might lead to the complete destruction of your country.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 13, 2014, 02:50:52 am »

Breaking News: Japan turns into pile of Kitten, Greenpeace blame Fukushima.

More seriously, I'll update tonight or tomorrow.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 13, 2014, 07:02:38 am »

Sorry, sorry. I got really bored the other day and tried to make a joke posting something silly.

I'll strikethrough the post.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 15, 2014, 06:37:35 am »

Okay, I'm currently doing the turn, please do not edit your orders anymore.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 15, 2014, 09:26:35 am »

Turn 4
1st of June 2014

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crisis List (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (HUGE!) (click to show/hide)

USA

The rescue operations start slowly. In addition to much of the government, large part of the civil service including the FEMA HQ have been destroyed by the bombs. However, civil society rise up to the tasks, with billions of dollars being poured into help societies. Most notably, several veterans organizations urged their members (trained in NBC warfare) to go deep into the contaminated zone to rescue survivors, exposing themselves to large amount of radiation in the process.

Other rescue efforts are directed toward artifacts of national significance. Among other, the Constitution somehow survived the worst of the blast more or less intact, and is soon paraded across the country as a sign of America's resilience.

On the insitutional front, with Barack Obama and Joe Biden dead, the Presidency should go to speaker of the House Boehner. However he too was injured in the blast, and many democrats are arguing that he is incapacited and argue that Kerry, the next surviving in line, should become President. Since Congress hasn't been able to rule yet, many departments are taking order from Kerry who act as a de facto President.

Canada

You start building high-speed trains. Thankfully it seems they only need minimal adjustment to deal with the weather conditions. The first line (Quebec-Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto) should be ready in two years' time. You send reliefs to the United States, and offer relief to Australia, but they're too proud to accept it. Thousands of Americans from the eastern seaboard are piling up in camps around Toronto. The Americans, many of whom lost everything in the bombing are fueling crime around, causing a rise in anti-Americanism among your citizens.
Plus, while the camp will be okay during the summer, they won't do for the winter.

From the Mexican Embassy, you get a manilla folder containing a complete set of blueprints for the Avro Arrow, stolen in the 1960's.

Luxembourg

You lower visas requirement, but in this day of worlwide insecurity, many people feel they'll be safer in a country that can protect them.

Australia

Your navy manage to corner the USS Henry M. Jackson, but it seems Peter Jack was lynched by some of the crew who had families in the area affected. You do retrieve his body. You begin to organize the rescue effort, but thousands upon thousands dies of radiations with little you can do.

The ruins of the Opera House are seen by many as the symbol of the catastrophe

The international relief effort gets under way. Canada offered help, but it was turned down by your "We do not beg" policy. Luckily for you, your population is too riled up by Japan's insulting offer of 10.000$ to mind. After all the help you gave them in 2011!

Swaziland send several container marked AIDS. After a scare, it turns out they only contain blankets and food, no HIV. The Vatican sent money and some priceless relics. Poland also sends goods, but the most generous nation is China, who send a naval detachment into Sydney Harbour, with trained military personnel trained for such situation flying dozens of missions into the ruins to gather survivors. Flowers start to pile up in front of the Chinese Embassy in Canberra, thanking them for their support. South Korea also sends several field hospital, before being attacked by North Korea and requesting military help.

Israel

Your diplomats diplomatize.

New Zealand

Your agents in the United States give you an account of the current political situation. The exact health state of Boehner is unknown, but it is known that he was sent to John Hopkins under military guard. From there, regular memos have come out and a large group of assistants and aides moved in, although he apparently isn't fit enough to give a speech in public.

Mexico
((I was going to go full anal and only process the rules about the Avro Arrow because you didn't group everything, but I'm in a good mood. Try to keep everything grouped))

You sends the blueprints for the Avro Arrow to Canada. You try to update them, but it would probably be more efficient to start from scratch. Those are over 60 years old after all.

You try to raise funds from the public, but most of the public trust the Red Cross more than your government and your effort are largely ineffective.

You do some adjusting to your tax code and start building infrastructure. It is not enough to stop the problem from the collapsing economy up north, and employment is rising.

You somehow forgot that your country already got a healthcare system.

Your efforts to get a Mexican-Canadian government in the USA get nowhere.

Swaziland

You lower taxes of big business. Honestly, it doesn't make much of a difference, as your tax collectors were too corrupt to collect taxes at the previous rate. However, the increased production on some of the privatized Swazi Nation Land boost the sugar manufacturing industry. Not enough to provide jobs for all the landless peasants though. You should probably do something about them.

You begins an information campaign on AIDS, but it backfires, as people start believing that you're fucked anyway, so you might as well have sex. #YOGIO (You Only Get Infected Once), is the new motto of the hip youths of Mbabane.

Your budget is doing fine, thanks to almost no spending on health or education.
The mining sector is in a terrible state. For years the mainstay of mining was the Bulumbu asbetos mine, but it closed in 2001. Maybe you could market nuclear-fireball resistant blankets? As of now, despite iron, gold and diamonds reserve, no large-scale mining take place, due to terrible infrastructure, antiquated law and little capital.

You also send aid to the United States and Australia. They are grateful (although it is a drop in the bucket), but your population would have preferred keeping the aid and sending the AIDS.

Foreign Affairs wise, you are already a part of the Southern African Custom Union. You try to convince Mozambique to join, but with little success.

Poland

You call an emergency NATO session, but the UK are busy invading Ireland, Germany and Poland do their stuff in the corner, and Lithuania don't give a crap. Both Kerry and Boehner refuse to transfer nukes to Polish control and threaten action if any step is taken against their troops or residents.

You send some relief effort to Australia.

You attempts to expand your air force, but sadly the US won't sell you any more F-16C. You'll have to decide what planes you want.

DPRK

You accuse South Korea of being behind the bombing of Sydney. Everyone laugh at you, but stop once it becomes clear that you want to use this as a CB to invade South Korea. US units there support their allieds, and your troops fails to make any significant progress, the frontline stalling on the DMZ while the South Korean economy collapse as people flees Seoul. Thankfully you didn't order a mass bombardment of the city. The South Korean government calls on Japan, China, Australia, New Zealand, the US and Canada for help. The US government, while busy with his own problem back home, decide to send to the Naval task force that was heading for Australia to South Korea as well as send units stationed in Japan to South Korea.

Germany

You steadily ramp up production of the leopard tank and other armament. The fourfold increase in army size you requested should be done within a year.

Spoiler: Top Secret (click to show/hide)

Brazil

Your fellow Latin American leader don't seems to want to clean up your mess, only Mexico sends in trained troops from its own counter-insurgency. You sends in the army, but it only ramp up the violence. A group calling itself the Popular Revolutionary Vanguard, claiming to be the heir of the famed 1970's urban guerrilla group is robbing banks and ambushing your soldiers. It only exist in Rio as of now, but it threaten to spread to other parts of the country.

Particular outrage erupt when it become clear that a military units killed several young girls after raping them, claiming they were "Communist gang members". Protests start erupting in better place of the cities.

Vatican

You try to keep organizing relief, spending lavishly from the Church funds. Apparently you don't have a fragment of the true cross, but other relics are sent to boost the Australian's morale.

Apparently both potential US president are Catholics, so yeah I guess?

Iran

You speed up your nuclear program while no one is looking, and announce measure to diversify the economy from oil. No one knows what these measure are, so the effect is minimal. You should probably be able to cobble together a bomb in 2 or 3 months.

China

You send a massive flotilla helping Australia. This buys you tons of popular support among the Australian populace, and create quite a lot of good PR for China worldwide, with many op-eds in the international press calling for China to take a bigger role and replace the blood-thirsty United States. Several ASEAN countries, including the Philippines and Vietnam send out feelers: they would like to enter in a military alliance with you and sever ties with the USA if a solution could be reached regarding the various disputed islands of the South China Sea.

In Taiwan, while many people oppose the USA's recent actions, your funding backfire as some staff leaks your donations to pro-reunification politicians. The Taiwanese presidents calls for a New Asian Way, an alliance between Japan, South Korea and Taiwan to promote a free, capitalist asian model independent from both the USA and China.

Spoiler: Classified Research (click to show/hide)

Kazakhstan agree to your pipeline proposal. Work is under way and should be ready in a couple years.

Spoiler: Military Stuff (click to show/hide)

Japan

You immediately freeze the issuance of all tourists visas.

Spoiler: Confidential (click to show/hide)

Just to point out that there is no real point in putting diplomatic actions regarding other players in your orders, as I don't run them. The most effective way is probably to PM them (don't forget to add me in!)

Also, would you prefer me to show you the dice rolls?

Also, Swaziland is a fucked up place.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 02:02:39 pm by Sheb »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Argue to Death!: Turn 4: Korean Invasion
« Reply #284 on: March 15, 2014, 09:42:24 am »

Canada... Shit

Internal affairs
Begin plans for construction of housing around Toronto to give the americans jobs and housing.
Offer tax deductions to business willing to hire refugees.
Begin caimpgans to encourage acceptance among our people and the americans.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

External affairs.
Send an aircraft carrier and some of our top pilots to assist South Korea! We'll show those northerners what we did during WW2!
*Ahem* Request the UK step the fuck of Ireland before we both do something we regret.
Send a gift to Japan for the idea of the trains.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23