Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 39

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons 4e: REPLACEMENTS WANTED  (Read 46991 times)

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons: The Heroes of Ekris Homebrew Campaign
« Reply #210 on: March 14, 2014, 01:20:14 pm »

Get each one to sign a slip of paper like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons: The Heroes of Ekris Homebrew Campaign
« Reply #211 on: March 14, 2014, 03:49:56 pm »

You convince all the drunkards to sign the papers. They are still imprisoned, however.

Anyway, the next quest is approximately ready, it'll start in a few minutes.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons: The Temple of Prophecy
« Reply #212 on: March 14, 2014, 04:23:25 pm »

ONE WEEK LATER

You are all assembled in the Church of the Castle. Jakme stands in front of you on a raised platform with the altar on it. He speaks:

"Today, you are all setting out on an adventure to the Temple of Prophecy to prove yourselves. I have arranged travel, and you are all going to go to the Temple on horses, which I expect returned to me. But first, I have arranged for some gifts to see you all on your way."

Jakme snaps his fingers, and a few servants enter the room. They stand in front of Jakme in a row and all hold packages of varying sizes and shapes. Jakme indicates the one farthest to his right, and tells David,

"David, this man holds the legendary Helmet of Wisdom. The Helmet of Wisdom does as the name implies and makes its wearer more wise." The servant Jakme had indicated gives you, David, the package, which you unwrap. You place the helmet on your head and feel much wiser already. (+1 to wisdom.)

Jakme indicates the next servant down the line. "Erza, this man holds one of the Crown Jewels, which the Halflady.... willingly provided me with. This one is enchanted to make the wearer more charismatic." One of the servants runs up to you, Erza, and provides you with a small necklace, with a multicolored gem set into it. You put it on and immediately feel more, well, charismatic. (+1 to charisma)

Jakme indicates the third man. "This fellow, Keyleth, holds the Knuckles of Gold. Wield them in your hands to make your punches more potent." The servant hands you, Keyleth, a pair of very shiny brass knuckles. Well, gold knuckles.. You take them and stow them away until needed. (+1d4 damage rolls with melee attacks. Yes, it includes kicks. Don't ask. You must be wielding them.)

Jakme indicates the fourth. "This fellow, Rhogar, holds the Crown of Kings. It once belonged to a legendary peacemaking king, and is now yours." The servant brings you, Rhogar, a simple golden crown. You put it on and feel even more like a king than your "lord" title already implied. (+1 to diplomacy)

"The fifth servant, Damirion," Jakme tells you, "holds the Cornuthaum. This stereotypical wizard hat gives you all sorts of magicky powers." Damirion, the servant presents you a pointy wizard's hat, which you place upon your head. You feel suddenly even smarter, and the hat totes you as a wizard yet more. (+1 intelligence and charisma)

"The next man down the line, Cromwell, has the Boots of Speed. They let you run from death itself. No, no, I'm kidding, but seriously, these make you really fast," Jakme tells you. Cromwell, the servant hands you a pair of shoes with individual toes. They presumably make you faster. (+2 speed)

"Ghararn, the seventh servant holds the Belt of Power. It should increase your will." The seventh servant hands you, Ghararn, a belt with a dragon belt buckle. You slip it around your waist and feel more confident yet. (+1 constitution)

"Lastly, Perrin. This should do you well." The last servant in the line hands you a small sword, half way between a dagger and short sword. "This sword, called Bite, is especially deadly to fey creatures. Don't ask how I got it here, and whatever you do, do NOT hit any of those three with it." Jakme indicates Cromwell, Keyleth, and Damirion. (weapon, edged, 1d5 damage (1d5 is a d6 and a d4 both rolled and their rolls averaged together. Does 1d4 extra damage to creatures with a "fey" origin.)

"Finally," Jakme tells you, "All of you are going home with 20 gold pieces a person. No, it's not a great sum, but your handy new gear cost me quite a bit." All the servants step forward and each of you get 20 gold pieces. "Now, questions? Comments? Concerns? If there is anything you must do before you leave, do it now."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 03:52:06 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 14, 2014, 05:43:47 pm »

"Thank you kindly." This is directly at both the servant and Jakme.
To the rest of the group, "I am ready to leave if the rest of you are."

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 14, 2014, 05:49:06 pm »

I thank you for this crown. It is a mighty gift indeed.
Turning to David,
I, too, am ready for departure. Let us go seek this Temple of Prophecy.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 14, 2014, 08:44:51 pm »

Keyleth merely stares at the gold knuckles, awestruck.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2014, 09:16:26 pm »

Gharahrn thanks Jakme with a deep nod, then he waits for whatever.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 14, 2014, 10:30:37 pm »

"Sweet boots, thanks. I always wanted that gold cup at the races."
Cromwell gets ready to head out.
"Hey, wait, I don't even know any of your guys' names. I'm Cromwell."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 14, 2014, 10:36:16 pm »

"Fancy. Keyleth, does this look good on me? Personally, I think it suits me well.

As for questions, I have one. What exactly do you expect us to find or do at this temple? Just so we're all clear on what we are doing."

Ask question and prepare for travel.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 14, 2014, 10:45:39 pm »

"I thank you, kind [applicable gender pronoun], for services rendered. Oh, and you too Jakme, this looks quite nice."

I await the journey, finally bothering to prepare some Ungol Dust before we set off.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 14, 2014, 10:48:48 pm »

"Sweet boots, thanks. I always wanted that gold cup at the races."
Cromwell gets ready to head out.
"Hey, wait, I don't even know any of your guys' names. I'm Cromwell."
"I am called David WordMaker Thuliaga. It is nice to meet you, Cromwell."

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 14, 2014, 11:06:18 pm »

Before we leave, I'd like to quickly look into something. It will only take a minute, and there's no need for any of you to come with me.
Go to a nearby tavern and buy as much [alcoholic beverage] as I can for 5 gold.
The less expensive the better. I don't really care about quality; higher alcohol content is preferable, but not if it costs more. It must be in a bottle or in a wineskin, because I'm not drinking it, I'm taking it with me.
Return to the company. If anyone asks about it, tell them what I was doing, and if they inquire about why I wanted large quantities of alcohol, tell them:
You'd be surprised how often this stuff comes in handy out in the wilds, and not just for getting drunk, either. I never leave town without it, but my old stash had dwindled to just one bottle, so I thought I'd better stock up again.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 14, 2014, 11:29:49 pm »

"Can I just call you Dave?"
Cromwell notices the Tiefling refer to the Elf as Keyleth.
"Oh, you're that Full-Blood that wouldn't say much. Pretty name."
Cromwell then looks over to the Tiefling.
"...You're a Warlock, aren't you?"
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 15, 2014, 01:20:02 am »

"Oh. Elves . . ."

(In elvish:) Are any of you involved with the... ferals in Jascaskil?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 15, 2014, 01:22:05 am »

"Can I just call you Dave?"
"I would prefer David."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 39