Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons 4e: REPLACEMENTS WANTED  (Read 47028 times)

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons: The Heroes of Ekris Homebrew Campaign
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2014, 04:27:04 pm »

Join up with the other gem bearers at the gate, and discuss what-all we actually managed to recover.

"Ah! I trust you are here about the troll?"

-futuresnip-

"Oh, I was wondering about that... well, I did apprehend some thieves earlier, with the assistance of a wonderful goliath- Oh, hello David. -and now have in my possession a smattering of jewelry formerly belonging to one Halflady Elyd."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2014, 04:46:11 pm »

((What about my action?))
Oh yes, uh...

You enter the castle and take a right. You come upon a large stone church.

I'm not actually certain where he went... I assumed he had followed me, but apparently not. I'm certain he'll be along any moment now, though. There were also several others who, while they didn't actually help me get the jewels, helped me to escape the thieves lair with them when a mysterious entity summoned a troll to stop us. I know not where they went, either.

As you speak, three fellows approach you from behind...

Well, the company might be lacking and the decor even more so, but at least Keyleth was refreshed. She left the tavern and decided, on a whim, to try and find that castle mentioned in the note. Maybe she could see those crown jewels everyone kept talking about.

You find a dragonborn, Shardmind, and halfling all lined up at a gate in front of an eladrin as the goliath from earlier steps into the castle.

Satisfied that justice was served today, Grarahrn decided to find the nearest temple or shrine dedicated to Enkol.

You ask passerby what the nearest Shrine of Enkol is, and everyone in the streets tells you it is in the local church. You walk up to North Street, and are greeted by the sight of an elf, Rhogar, a shardmind, a halfling, and the goliath from earlier entering the temple.

Join up with the other gem bearers at the gate, and discuss what-all we actually managed to recover.

"Ah! I trust you are here about the troll?"

-futuresnip-

"Oh, I was wondering about that... well, I did apprehend some thieves earlier, with the assistance of a wonderful goliath- Oh, hello David. -and now have in my possession a smattering of jewelry formerly belonging to one Halflady Elyd."

You see a multitude of others at the gate; they are the fellows from earlier with the troll and bandits, minus the half-elf, all lined up in front of an eladrin.

The eladrin listens to you speaking, waits for you to finish, and speaks himself.

"Troll? What troll? And you have some of the Crown Jewels?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2014, 05:15:42 pm »

-future snip-

You ended up catching them, did you? Well done. I was wondering if you would.
Turning back to the Eladrin, Rhogar says, The same troll I was just telling you about. You know, the one summoned by the mysterious entity? He was disguised as a thief, but then he threw back his hood and said some sort of spell, involving the phrase "trololol", if I recall correctly. You wouldn't happen to know the spell, would you?

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2014, 05:30:08 pm »

"It was not a natural troll? I'm glad there isn't really an infestation of sewer trolls."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2014, 05:36:28 pm »

Greet the Elradin with my holy symbol shown.
"The town guard would find the remains of a foul creature at the sewers."
Gharahrn said to the Elradin as he put away the symbol.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2014, 08:39:10 pm »

Hey everyone! Have any of you seen a Dragonborn, Elf, Halfling and Goliath who happen to be warlocks, paladins, warlords, and rangers?! Like, people who shouldn't be here at all?! If so, please tell me where they went! Thank you!
Keyleth almost responded when the person said "elf", but then he mentioned "paladin" and she felt he could be safely ignored. Unless she saw an elf paladin, in which case she would gladly notify the shouter.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2014, 09:16:46 pm »

((SO MUCH HAPPENED))

I guess leave, since everyone else has by now, go find a pub or something.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2014, 10:39:33 pm »

David enters the church. If a [local ceremony of worship] is in progress, then sit in the back, and wait for it to conclude. If not, ask around for the [local religious authority].

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2014, 10:50:56 am »

Stop messing around and just blast the passage open again. Then, search the meeting room for stuff.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2014, 04:19:52 pm »

-future snip-

You ended up catching them, did you? Well done. I was wondering if you would.
Turning back to the Eladrin, Rhogar says, The same troll I was just telling you about. You know, the one summoned by the mysterious entity? He was disguised as a thief, but then he threw back his hood and said some sort of spell, involving the phrase "trololol", if I recall correctly. You wouldn't happen to know the spell, would you?

Jakme responds, "What did this mysterious entity look like? He must have been very powerful to summon a troll with but an incantation."

"It was not a natural troll? I'm glad there isn't really an infestation of sewer trolls."

Jakme responds,
"So am I."

Greet the Elradin with my holy symbol shown.
"The town guard would find the remains of a foul creature at the sewers."
Gharahrn said to the Elradin as he put away the symbol.

The eladrin responds, "Hello. I am Jakme Fallensky. I have heard of the foul creature you speak of."

Damirion stands still in where he was when the battle ended, pondering what just happened. While everyone does their thing, he walks over to the body and examines it.

A Troll. Not just any monster, a Battle Troll. These creatures, they're too powerful. I remember many heroes who fell to even weaker Trolls. And, from what I can tell, a specter. A fiend from the Shadowfell. This is not normal. Not in the very least. And those people- together we managed to...

Slowly, he looks up and notices most people have left. He chuckles to himself.

Fools. All of them. Well, look like now it's my job to drill it into their brains that we need to stay together.

He turns to whoever is left and tells them to follow him. He goes outside to the Market Square and shouts at the top of his lungs,

Hey everyone! Have any of you seen a Dragonborn, Elf, Halfling and Goliath who happen to be warlocks, paladins, warlords, and rangers?! Like, people who shouldn't be here at all?! If so, please tell me where they went! Thank you!

In the lair, there remains a half-elf, but the half-elf does not hear you. Outside, a few people direct you to North Castle.

Keyleth almost responded when the person said "elf", but then he mentioned "paladin" and she felt he could be safely ignored. Unless she saw an elf paladin, in which case she would gladly notify the shouter.

You do as such and continue with your life as it had gone before.

((SO MUCH HAPPENED))

I guess leave, since everyone else has by now, go find a pub or something.

You leave the lair and step into a pub with a sign proclaiming it as "The Wagon of Mighty Parties". There are several bored-looking halflings inside.

David enters the church. If a [local ceremony of worship] is in progress, then sit in the back, and wait for it to conclude. If not, ask around for the [local religious authority].

You enter the church and find the end of an Enkolsday (Ekris' version of Sunday) worship ceremony in progress. You take a seat in an abandoned pugh (I think that's correct) in the back of the church.

Stop messing around and just blast the passage open again. Then, search the meeting room for stuff.

You use your warlocky powers to blast the wall open. There is no loot remaining, unless you count some crude wooden chairs and a poorly made circular table.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2014, 04:37:22 pm »

David politely waits for the ceremony to conclude, discretely observing the congregation.

((I think it might be 'pew', but as a Pastafarian, I don't go to church, so I have no idea.))

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2014, 04:41:47 pm »

David politely waits for the ceremony to conclude, discretely observing the congregation.

((I think it might be 'pew', but as a Pastafarian, I don't go to church, so I have no idea.))

It takes a while for the ceremony to conclude. This might go on for a while.

((Really? Me too! Also, autocorrect recognizes your spelling as correct, so that's likely it.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2014, 04:42:25 pm »

Well, the company might be lacking and the decor even more so, but at least Keyleth was refreshed. She left the tavern and decided, on a whim, to try and find that castle mentioned in the note. Maybe she could see those crown jewels everyone kept talking about.
((You missed this one.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2014, 04:47:03 pm »

((Immaterial is right, it is pew. Unless, of course, you meant that he sat down on a Welsh guy. In that case, Pugh may be valid.))
The mysterious man, if he could be called a man, was cloaked and hooded, but when he threw off his hood, we could see that he was made of some sort of ectoplasmic material. Perhaps he was a ghost of some sort. Regardless, should we be going to see the Lady now? No doubt she will not appreciate being kept waiting.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2014, 04:52:02 pm »

((You missed this one.))

No I didn't. Look at the first post on Page 10.

((Immaterial is right, it is pew. Unless, of course, you meant that he sat down on a Welsh guy. In that case, Pugh may be valid.))
The mysterious man, if he could be called a man, was cloaked and hooded, but when he threw off his hood, we could see that he was made of some sort of ectoplasmic material. Perhaps he was a ghost of some sort. Regardless, should we be going to see the Lady now? No doubt she will not appreciate being kept waiting.

Jakme looks worried, and looks sort of down and over to the side -- approximately at his elbow -- as he murmurs to himself. You catch snippets of what he says.

"Oh no... this can't be... crisis... can't let this happen..." so on and so forth.

He looks up, and speaks.

"All of you, come with me. We have a crisis on our hands." Jakme urgently beckons toward the castle.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39