Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons 4e: REPLACEMENTS WANTED  (Read 46981 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons: The Heroes of Ekris Homebrew Campaign
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2014, 04:34:42 pm »

"Should...should I come back later? Is this a bad time?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2014, 04:38:36 pm »

"Well, my years of healing tell me that this man is dead. Not how I wanted it to go."
He stands up and gestures to the trapdoor.
"Anyways, after you."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2014, 04:53:59 pm »

Keep eyebiting! Do I see anything else?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2014, 05:00:00 pm »

Retrieve my dagger from his knee. "No sense wasting a good blade."

Before we continue, I'll loot the bodies. (Perception +5)
During this inspection, I'll make note of what they're wearing. Specifically, does either have a cloak?

"Oh, by the way, what's your name. I don't think I caught it earlier. Mine's Perrin."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2014, 05:07:59 pm »

"I was named David Thuliaga by my mother, and WordMaker by my chief. I am a runepriest of Enkol, a Serene Blade, and a Hospitaller. It is a pleasure to meet you, Perrin."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2014, 05:30:46 pm »

Erza gives the eladrin a small smile and waves casually.

"Well, it seems like I'm not the only one out for some quick and easy gold. Are you with those thieves? Or are you looking for them?" she says quietly, not wanting to give her position away to any others just yet.

((Changed my IC voice color, since someone already had orange. It's now green.))

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2014, 05:59:45 pm »

Spoke to his friend in Draconic.
I think we may have stumbled into.. a gathering of some sort..
Indeed, that is what it appears to be... But look at the other windows, across the room... Do you think those eyes belong to allies, or are they guards, watching for intruders such as ourselves? Well, we'll certainly find out soon enough.
Sheath sword, kick down the door and walk in.
((If kicking down the door is successful, do the following. If not, then try again until it is.))
Surprise round: walk up to the table, pull out a hand axe and slam it into the tabletop.
GIVE US THOSE ROYAL JEWELS, YOU THIEVING SCUM, AND I'LL TRY TO RESTRAIN MYSELF FROM KILLING ALL OF YOU! ((intimidate check))
((I'm assuming that I recognize them, and that they are, in fact, thieving scum.))
((If they don't give me the jewels, but they start saying something, then I'll hold off on slaughtering them so we can have a brief discussion on the matter))
Chaotic alignment FTW!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 06:23:53 pm by ShadowHammer »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2014, 06:13:58 pm »

Gharahrn wipes the blood off his blade and seaths it as he walks in, with a stern look on his face.
(Also intimidation check. Adding/combining to/with Rhogar's intimidation result, if possible.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 06:15:57 pm by Ultimuh »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2014, 08:58:00 pm »

To all of you minus Perrin and David:

As you step through the doorway, suddenly, three of the doorways burst open and the owners of the faces you saw in the windows step through.

Yes, yes you did.

"Should...should I come back later? Is this a bad time?"

One of the bandits slouts* out:

"Naaawsh! You should comesh over here... and D*hic*IE!"

*slout: slur and shout

"Well, my years of healing tell me that this man is dead. Not how I wanted it to go."
He stands up and gestures to the trapdoor.
"Anyways, after you."

Retrieve my dagger from his knee. "No sense wasting a good blade."

Before we continue, I'll loot the bodies. (Perception +5)
During this inspection, I'll make note of what they're wearing. Specifically, does either have a cloak?

"Oh, by the way, what's your name. I don't think I caught it earlier. Mine's Perrin."

"I was named David Thuliaga by my mother, and WordMaker by my chief. I am a runepriest of Enkol, a Serene Blade, and a Hospitaller. It is a pleasure to meet you, Perrin."

Perrin, you find three more objects on one of the bodies: a diamond, a pearl, and a finely crafted platinum necklace with "Property of Halflady Elyd". Guess it's one of the Jewels.

The two of you descend into the tunnel. Looks like the password also de-activated whatever traps might have been there, because the tunnel is free of anything but you and air. You reach the end of the tunnel and reach the little door with a window.

Erza gives the eladrin a small smile and waves casually.

"Well, it seems like I'm not the only one out for some quick and easy gold. Are you with those thieves? Or are you looking for them?" she says quietly, not wanting to give her position away to any others just yet.

((Changed my IC voice color, since someone already had orange. It's now green.))

He turns around with a faint smile on his face.
Hey, mate. Didn't notice you at all. Where you one of the bandits, I'd be dead. Anyways, to answer your question, I'm looking for them. There appear to be more people sharing our goal right now. Look at the window and you'll see what I mean.
He gestures towards the window.
There are at least eight of these thieves, but I think with help from those others we can overtake them.

Damirion opens the door and walks in. He uses his cantrips to turn all of the torches off and back on.
Don't try to run. You're surrounded. Might as well give us the gems, and y'know, not die.

You do all that stuff. The bandits stare at you, transfixed by your wizardry and purple eyes, until...

Indeed, that is what it appears to be... But look at the other windows, across the room... Do you think those eyes belong to allies, or are they guards, watching for intruders such as ourselves? Well, we'll certainly find out soon enough.
Sheath sword, kick down the door and walk in.
((If kicking down the door is successful, do the following. If not, then try again until it is.))
Surprise round: walk up to the table, pull out a hand axe and slam it into the tabletop.
GIVE US THOSE ROYAL JEWELS, YOU THIEVING SCUM, AND I'LL TRY TO RESTRAIN MYSELF FROM KILLING ALL OF YOU! ((intimidate check))
((I'm assuming that I recognize them, and that they are, in fact, thieving scum.))
((If they don't give me the jewels, but they start saying something, then I'll hold off on slaughtering them so we can have a brief discussion on the matter))
Chaotic alignment FTW!

Well, you got... a natural 20, bringing the check up to 31. You would've scared their socks off if you'd tried.

All the bandits suddenly start babbling "please don't kill me" and "as you say, mighty dragonborn", etc. etc. as they empty their pockets and toss the jewels at you, vowing to forever revoke thievery. However...

One of the bandits, however, does not do this.

Keep eyebiting! Do I see anything else?

You use eyebite on the same bandit again, daring to rush out of your hidey-hole. The bandit is dealt another 2 damage. However, you seem to have pushed him over the edge with your psychic assault. He does not turn out his pockets like his fellows and continues to stare at the dragonborn who slammed his axe on the table and scared the living daylights out of seven of the bandits.

Suddenly, he booms out something, in a very non-bandity voice. A voice that sounds like fifty people with weird wind-instrument-y voices talking at the same time.

"FOOLISH MORTALS. YOU SHALL PAY THE PRICE FOR YOUR FOOLISH MISDEEDS."

All of a sudden, the guy whips his hood off and reveals he's a ghost. More correctly, a specter. A great black ghostly form, with a skull for a face. Oh dear. He raises up as his clothes tear and fall to the floor, just revealing more ectoplasm or whatever specters are made of.

"I HAVE NO TIME TO DEAL WITH YOU WEAKLINGS. BEGONE!"

All of a sudden, he shouts "lolololol I'm just trolling you" and makes a motion with his his ghost hand.
A troll appears from nowhere. The specter snaps his fingers, and the troll looks over at the specter with a mesmerized look on his face.

"YOU SHALL DO MY BIDDING! SLAY THE ROYALTY OF THE TOWN AND CLAIM THE LANDS FOR ME!"

The troll nods eagerly, and the specter disappears in a burst of ectoplasm or whatever, presumably having teleported away. All the bandits scream like little girls and run away. The troll runs off, bursting through a doorway and nearly squishing a little halfling and a massive Goliath.

(Ha ha ha, like my unexpected anti-deus ex machina?)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2014, 09:02:31 pm »

Keyleth took off after the troll, vaulting over the halfling and goliath as she did so. She had no idea what just happened, but she did understand "slay the royalty". That could not be allowed!

Move action: Chase the troll!
If Keyleth catches up:
Standard Action: Open the Gates of Battle! Followed up by Flurry of Blows.
Oh, and if OtGoB misses, use Elven Accuracy.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:06:57 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2014, 09:05:35 pm »

Gharahrn decided that bandits had to wait and went after the troll.
Afterall, royalty is part of the law and protecting them would be more important than capturing mere thieves.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:08:41 pm by Ultimuh »

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2014, 09:25:05 pm »

((Wat.))

"I think we can safely assume that isn't friendly..."

If we are not surprised:
Free; Quick Swap: Draw my hand crossbow, and...
Standard; Quick Shot + Attack Finesse + Assassin's Strike (1d6 + 1d8 +1d10; dex(+4) vs AC): ...shoot the troll at point blank range as it passes me, shifting in front of it, towards the end of the alleyway.
Move (6): Run to the mouth of the alleyway.
Free: Reload the crossbow.
Minor: Draw a dagger in my off-hand.

"You! Shall! Not! PASS!"

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2014, 10:00:01 pm »

minor: get the jewels!((I want my moniez!))
another minor: pull the hand axe out of the table
standard: throw hand axe at the troll, if I can see it. If not, use this as a move action to chase it.
While running, attempt to convince the former thieves to join us.

Former thieves, since your friend turned out to be a ghost and betrayed you all, and since you have renounced thievery forever, I'd like to offer you a new opportunity! Join me and my newfound company, and I'll even split the reward for these jewels with you!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2014, 11:14:41 pm »

"Well that escalated quickly."

Move: Chase after the bandits and troll.
Minor: Use my warlock's curse!
Standard: If the person who was cursed is a bandit, hit him with Eldritch Blast for a quick kill. If the troll was cursed, Eldritch Blast it instead. (Cursed targets grant an extra +1d6 to damage rolls.)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2014, 11:23:41 pm »

Having just arrived in town, David has no idea who the rulers of the place are, or what they are like, but them dying would be undesirable.
"What the halfman said."
Throwing on his shield, he shouts the Dwarven word for 'Hold', and, if he hits, glowing '!!'s appear on the troll's feet, immobilizing him and a glowing [ shines from Perrin's forehead.

((I'm assuming that my sword is still out.))
Minor action: Equip shield.
Move action: None (Assuming that the troll is right next to us.)
Standard action: Word of Binding, with Rune of Protection, applied to Perrin.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39