Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons 4e: REPLACEMENTS WANTED  (Read 46962 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons: The Heroes of Ekris Homebrew Campaign
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2014, 06:37:24 pm »

The other rat attacks Gharahrn, and it fails to bite through his armor either.
((the other rat doesn't have a head.))

Fixed it now.

...I feel stupid.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2014, 06:51:37 pm »

So the thief didn't do anything? I guess I'll use Word of Exchange again.

Oh yeah; Ensorceler jumped them after tricking them, and you just sort of fell out of the sky, so... yeah.

Just to make sure, protection or destruction?
Protection.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2014, 07:00:37 pm »

Keep going, stay hidden.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2014, 07:22:13 pm »

Keep going, stay hidden.

You continue to listen in without revealing yourself. It is more nonsense about how to spend the jewels. Eventually, you notice something; there are four other doors leading into the room, and another has a face staring out it. An elven face, if your own doesn't deceive you.

So the thief didn't do anything? I guess I'll use Word of Exchange again.

Oh yeah; Ensorceler jumped them after tricking them, and you just sort of fell out of the sky, so... yeah.

Just to make sure, protection or destruction?
Protection.

You do the little Exchange Rune thing and attack.

Er, I think I miscalculated earlier for your first attack...

C-C-C-C-CRITICAL HIT!!!

You finish off your target, dealing a whopping 28 damage!

You win!

David gained 125 EXP points!

Perrin gained 125 EXP points!

(My victory .gif is the best picture ever made ever, isn't it? Hahaha.)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2014, 07:30:32 pm »

How many are there? The thieves, I mean.
The Derail Thread

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2014, 07:35:28 pm »

With a diagonal cut, attempt to slice open the last of the giant rats.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2014, 07:38:45 pm »

How many are there? The thieves, I mean.

You see eight.

Listen carefully, if he tells me to follow him do it, but cautiously and ready to fight at any second.

The drunkard shows you the way down the road you tried to go down to the secret lair. He brings you inside and shows you a small button that disables the traps. He brings you inside the hallway just outside the door, and speaks.

"Alrig*hic*t, in here we keepsh the meetingsh. I'll go in, but you shtay out here."

The bandit walks into the room, and you secretly peek through the little door window. You notice two other faces looking through windows; one looks like an elven face, and the other one looks like an elf but less... elf-y.

You finish off the last rat with a quick slash of your sword. That was easy.

I take it you're going to continue down the hall.
With a diagonal cut, attempt to slice open the last of the giant rats.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2014, 07:41:02 pm »

((Given that his leg is falling off, I doubt he'll live much longer, but I could still try and weasel some information out of him, I guess.))

Aid Another, Bluff/Diplomacy/Intimidate??? (David): Hmm... mhm... okay. We've got about five minutes before you bleed out, my friend. Have any reason why we should get you to an apothecary?

I take David to one side, and whisper,"So. He's going to die, but we can still get something for our trouble, I suppose. You up for a treasure hunt?

(Bluff: +6, Diplomacy +1, Intimidate +1)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:33:45 pm by The Ensorceler »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2014, 07:48:46 pm »

Eight? Dang. That's a lot.
Alright, stay hidden, eyebite one of them, they won't be able to see me, and since it's psychic, the others won't see the assault.
Stay hidden, mind snipe time.
The Derail Thread

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2014, 07:57:09 pm »

Head on down the hallway with my sword ready, using my keen Dragonborn nostrils to to sniff out the thieves.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2014, 08:07:45 pm »

Advance down the hallway shoulder to shoulder with Gararhn, also holding my sword at the ready.
Good thing we finished those rats off quickly, hopefully the thieves won't have gotten too far ahead. Let's go find ourselves some royal jewels!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:55:59 am by ShadowHammer »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2014, 09:53:23 pm »

((Given that his leg is falling off, I doubt he'll live much longer, but I could still try and weasel some information out of him, I guess.))

Hmm... mhm... okay. We've got about five minutes before you bleed out, my friend. Have any reason why we should get you to an apothecary?

I take David to one side, and whisper,"So. He's going to die, but we can still get something for our trouble, I suppose. You up for a treasure hunt?

(Bluff: +6)
To Perrin, "Let me handle this. I think I can keep this incident off the books for now."

To the thief, "Hello. My name is David, and I am a trained healer. So, Bill, I can call you Bill, right? I need to know why you stole from that woman, and where your co-conspirators are. Once you tell me that, I can heal you. Do I make myself perfectly clear, Bill?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2014, 11:20:17 pm »

Go ahead and open the door. If I can't open it, just shrug and blast it apart with an eldritch blast. Take a look around the entrance for any switches or buttons, and then head in cautiously.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2014, 04:21:41 pm »

Hmm... mhm... okay. We've got about five minutes before you bleed out, my friend. Have any reason why we should get you to an apothecary?

(Bluff: +6)
To Perrin, "Let me handle this. I think I can keep this incident off the books for now."

To the thief, "Hello. My name is David, and I am a trained healer. So, Bill, I can call you Bill, right? I need to know why you stole from that woman, and where your co-conspirators are. Once you tell me that, I can heal you. Do I make myself perfectly clear, Bill?"

The thief coughs up blood, and begins to speak in a rough voice.

"We... we stole the crown jewels. Here, take mine, please..." The man tosses a few point cut rubies, sapphires, and emeralds to you. "We... we fled down through that trapdoor... let me open it..." The thief looks behind himself and says "diyilbeth". Odd password. Anyway, a trapdoor flies open, and the man falls back on the wall. "I'm done for... please, just go... I never wanted to be a thief. Avenge me..." The man finishes his monologue a moment too late and collapses back, eyes unseeing.

Stay hidden behind the door, see what I can hear from the conversation.
Well, looks like we walked into the lion's mouth. At least in the worst case scenario, I'll be fighting with those of my cousin kin.

You hear the conversation fine. It's just nonsense jabber about what they'll do with the jewels. Not going to happen if you have a say in the matter.

Advance down the hallway shoulder to shoulder with Gararhn, also holding my sword at the ready.
Good thing we finished those rats off quickly, hopefully the thieves won't have gotten too far ahead. Let's go find ourselves some royal jewels!

You find a door with a little window, and peek through it. There are eight hooded figures gathered around a table, seemingly chatting with one another. You see various other faces in other window doors, including what appear to be the glowing pearly eyes of an eladrin.

Eight? Dang. That's a lot.
Alright, stay hidden, eyebite one of them, they won't be able to see me, and since it's psychic, the others won't see the assault.
Stay hidden, mind snipe time.

You use eyebite on the hooded figure closest to you. You become invisible to him, which does nothing, but his head does twitch the tiniest bit, almost as if you did... you did! You did 2 damage to the figure.

Go ahead and open the door. If I can't open it, just shrug and blast it apart with an eldritch blast. Take a look around the entrance for any switches or buttons, and then head in cautiously.

You deftly pry open the trapdoor. Inside is a dank stone cavern with a giant rat guarding the entry. Luckily, you find a little button while running your hand over the wall, which you press. The button causes a panel under the rat to flip over and drop the rat in a pit comically.

Nifty.

You walk down the tunnel at your leisure, and discover a pearly-eyed eladrin staring intently out a door window. Your footsteps attract him, and he turns around and sees you.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2014, 04:34:09 pm »

Spoke to his friend in Draconic.
I think we may have stumbled into.. a gathering of some sort..
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 04:54:21 pm by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39