Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons 4e: REPLACEMENTS WANTED  (Read 46906 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons: The Heroes of Ekris Homebrew Campaign
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 06:59:38 pm »

TO The Ensorceler:

A massive man suddenly jumps down into the alleyway and joins the fray. You don't know who he is or why he's here, but he draws his blade and gives the thief across from you a menacing look. Apparently he's with you.

TO My Name is Immaterial:

You jump into the air and do a backflip, then land in the alleyway, just nearly avoiding crushing a tiny halfling in the alley. You face the bandit across from you, who appears to be guarding something at the other end of the alley. You draw your blade and look at the thief menacingly. The halfling does the same to the bandit facing him.

FIGHT!

Climb the ladder, when I'm close to the roof teleport up to it and do an all out run toward the "thieves"
((IIRC, doing an all-out-run for one entire turn makes me go 4x as fast, correct me if I'm wrong))

You do so. You teleport up to the roof and run as quickly as possible toward the end of the alleyway. You catch a mere glimpse of the thieves running off and are about to lose them in a crowd of back-alley buildings. You have a mere moment to act.

Keep chasing!

You give yet more chase. You don't catch up, but you do find a dead end. However, as you begin to do something (turn back or sit down or whatever) you notice a trapdoor!

I do not care much for the reward, but we cannot have criminals running about.
Gharahrn heads in the direction of one of the alleged thieves, Rhogar can catch up whenever.

You run up Northeast-east Street (usually called East Street), but you aren't quick enough to get to the thieves in time. You try to follow them as best you can, but fail to see their tracks. However, due to your amazing street skills, you garner where they went from passers-by in the alley. You come upon a trapdoor...

((I know that's all she knows. She's just very ignorant of the world outside her temple :p ))

Look for a way to open the door. If a way does not present itself, use Crane's Wings to attempt to smash it open.

The door has no handle, nor does it have a key hole. It is firmly set in the ground, However, your nimble fingers allow you to pry it open with a crack between it and the ground. You climb down the ladder...

Inside is a dark cave lit with torches. The passage leads relatively straightforward. There seems to be something glowing not at the end of the tunnel but about halfway down. A successful Perception Check tells you it's a pit of acid about 100 feet away.

Vuplec examines the notice, and then heads to the North Castle.

You walk down North Street. At the end of the street is a castle. It is cube-shaped and made of boring grey cobblestones. A  human guard, probably from So'ard looking for work, stands at the gate of the castle and sees you. He, having failed both an Arcana check and a Dungeoneering check, raises his halberd and tries to sound a rudimentary alarm by yelling "BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH". Or maybe he's crying, you can't tell.

IN OTHER NEWS

Remuthra quit, so we have an opening.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 07:01:26 pm »

Sprint after Ghararn ((since I didn't use up all my actions on the previous post, I should be right on his tail, this still being my first turn))
Thieving scoundrels! Stop now, and I may not be forced to kill you when I catch up! ((intimidate check to get them to hesitate/maybe even outright stop))
As I'm chasing these thieves, notice David about to attack. Use Combat Leader to give him a +2 initiative bonus ((if I'm within range (10 squares)))
You take care of those ones, brave Goliath! Me and my companion will pursue the others!

EDIT: ((Darn! I seem to be late! Well, I guess I just follow Ghararn and attempt to break open the trap door))
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:03:54 pm by ShadowHammer »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 07:05:52 pm »

Estimate how wide the pit of acid is. Also look for hidden passages or ways to cross the acid pit.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:07:39 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 07:07:03 pm »

With the help of Rhogar, break open the trapdoor.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 07:21:40 pm »

Sprint after Ghararn ((since I didn't use up all my actions on the previous post, I should be right on his tail, this still being my first turn))
Thieving scoundrels! Stop now, and I may not be forced to kill you when I catch up! ((intimidate check to get them to hesitate/maybe even outright stop))
As I'm chasing these thieves, notice David about to attack. Use Combat Leader to give him a +2 initiative bonus ((if I'm within range (10 squares)))
You take care of those ones, brave Goliath! Me and my companion will pursue the others!

EDIT: ((Darn! I seem to be late! Well, I guess I just follow Ghararn and attempt to break open the trap door))

Ahem, yes.

You reach the end of the alleyway and find only Ghararn staring at a blank stone tile in the street. Without thinking, you take off your right gauntlet and pull your fist back. You summon all your inner might, and then you summon a little more, and finally summon the last bit of your strength. You let fly a punch so great that you stop your fist a foot from the tile and an aura of power and fire launches from your fist and destroys the tile, leaving a hole down to a subterranean tunnel.

(HADOKEN! No, seriously, I rolled the exact number you needed to blow open the foot thick stone trapdoor you couldn't see.)

Estimate how wide the pit of acid is. Also look for hidden passages or ways to cross the acid pit.

You summon all your powers of perception and stare at the pit so hard you could light it on fire if you'd tried.

The pit is about fifteen feet wide. Wait, no, exactly fifteen feet wide. Your accuracy is almost scary.

As I run towards them, I cast Sleep (100 ft of range, burst 2) on both, if I can catch them on the burst.

Must... Make... Them... Slow down.... NOW!

Sadly, you rolled a natural 1 and they both got away. Oh dear.

With the help of Rhogar, break open the trapdoor.

Unfortunately you posted after I finished an epic description of Rhogar executing a perfect hadoken and the trapdoor is already broken.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 07:37:11 pm »

Gharahrn went down the hole first with his longsword in hand. He then took a loot at his surroundings with the blade prepared.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 07:42:20 pm »

If Rhogar gave me the bonus, "You have my thanks! I shall attempt to repay the favor."
Either way, to Perrin, "Want to see who take their down first, my good halfling?"

In Dwarven, he shouts the word for trade, and it flashes across the vision of his foe in the Davek script before David's sword, now emblazoned with a glowing symbol that looks like [, slashes at him.
Advance and use Word of Exchange, activating Rune of Protection.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 08:05:12 pm »

Well I should probably go through the trap door.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 08:44:16 pm »

"You're on."

Free (Quick Swap): Return the coins to my purse and draw a pair of knives.
Move to one square away from my thief, and (Quick Lunge) hamstring him (Attack Finesse) with extreme prejudice.

Spoiler: Quick Lunge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Attack Finesse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: useful stats (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 08:56:05 pm »

Keyleth was a little bewildered at why someone would want to live on the other side of an acid pool. Well, she had come this far and wasn't about to turn around now.

Leap across the acid pit (using Crane's Wings), resume the chase.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:02:40 pm by Sirus »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2014, 09:36:07 pm »

Keyleth was a little bewildered at why someone would want to live on the other side of an acid pool. Well, she had come this far and wasn't about to turn around now.

Leap across the acid pit, resume the chase.

You reach the end of the hall and find a doorway. Peeking through the little door window, you see 8 hooded figures gathered around a table. You try to listen in on their conversation, but the air seems unusually thick and you can't hear. What do you do?

"You're on."

Free (Quick Swap): Return the coins to my purse and draw a pair of knives.
Move to one square away from my thief, and (Quick Lunge) hamstring him (Attack Finesse) with extreme prejudice.

Spoiler: Quick Lunge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Attack Finesse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: useful stats (click to show/hide)

You lunge forward and cause the bandit 27 damage! As you jump back to your prior position, you notice the robber's clothes are tinged red; you seem to have struck an artery with that shot.

Well I should probably go through the trap door.

You go down the trap door and find a long, relatively straight passage. You will fit through the passage, but there are a bunch of little spikes on the inside of the tunnel. It won't really damage you, but it'll hurt like Eaul.

Dare to take the challenge? It'll be a test of pure constitution, you can tell that for sure.

Gharahrn went down the hole first with his longsword in hand. He then took a loot at his surroundings with the blade prepared.

You find a passage, big enough for both of you. A bit too large for the both of you. However, the real problem is that the passage has a pair of massive rats inside of it. Two dragonborn aren't going to bode well with these vile fiends. They look like they're sick too. Perfect.

If Rhogar gave me the bonus, "You have my thanks! I shall attempt to repay the favor."
Either way, to Perrin, "Want to see who take their down first, my good halfling?"

In Dwarven, he shouts the word for trade, and it flashes across the vision of his foe in the Davek script before David's sword, now emblazoned with a glowing symbol that looks like [, slashes at him.

You do that.

I... can't...
Damirion falls over
(panting) Well, tha... that was quite underwhelming. I guess I better get off this-nonononoNONOONO SH-
He starts sliding down the side of the roof and falls over. Slowly, he picks himself up and walks away.
I- I need a drink. Now.
He heads off to the nearest tavern.

You move off to the nearest tavern, an inn known as "The Burning Mountain", with a sign with a picture of a mountain with liquid fire spewing out the top.

Inside, you sit down at the bar. The bartender is too busy yapping a patron's ear off to get you a drink at the moment. The man to your left is shady looking, with a deep hood covering his face. There are several empty glasses beside him and a moderately sized pile of broken glass. The man looks at you, and slurs out, "Haosh ya doin', buddy?"

Response?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:46:50 pm by Tawarochir »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2014, 09:41:57 pm »

*Checks Constitution score*
I've got an 18! Let's go!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2014, 10:01:52 pm »

You do that.
So do I hit? How much damage do I do?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2014, 10:20:38 pm »

Keyleth knocked on the door before peeking inside sheepishly.

"Excuse me, but I'm looking for some crown jewels. Do you know where I can find them?"
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:40:01 pm by Sirus »

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2014, 10:25:26 pm »

I bow and stand back, watching how David will handle his thief.

"Would you terribly mind incapacitating this one? Mine seems to have gotten himself killed somehow."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39