Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons 4e: REPLACEMENTS WANTED  (Read 46974 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons: The Temple of Prophecy
« Reply #360 on: May 06, 2014, 01:33:56 am »

Keyleth also examines the doors with her godlike Perception.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons: The Temple of Prophecy
« Reply #361 on: May 06, 2014, 06:58:32 am »

Alright. Keyleth, you see each door has a symbol representing one of you, except for the one across from the door you entered, which is the largest one. Same for Cromwell.

Perrin, you go to toss some dust in the door when you walk straight into a gelatinous cube. Keyleth doesn't have time to stop you.

Lucky for you, it doesn't eat you immediately and makes little "glop" noises as it inspects your arm. It seems rather inquisitive.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons: Totally Not Eating Jell-O Right Now
« Reply #362 on: May 06, 2014, 10:10:31 am »

"I hate that seer."

With my free hand, unwind and throw my grappling hook towards the rest of the group.
"I think its friendly! Someone pull me out, though."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 06, 2014, 11:14:47 am »

David grabs the grappling hook and tries to pull Perrin out.
Once Perrin is out, he jumps on the looking-at-the-doors band-wagon.
Athletics: +11
Strength: +4
Perception: +5

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 06, 2014, 12:47:49 pm »

David grabs the hook and pulls Perrin out. The cube fails to notice.

Alright, door inspecting.

Perrin tosses the dust in his door. He discovers nothing inside but a ledge over a chasm.

David's room contains a lever that looks old and rusty. His insight tells him it's a doorknob.

Keyleth's room contains seemingly nothing. Stupid apparent searchy-puzzles.

Cromwell's room seems to be some sort of miniature forest.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 06, 2014, 04:25:25 pm »

Damirion's room seems to be green fire. Oh, perfect. Magical antithesis.

EDIT: At Perrin's request, I'm posting doorscriptions.

The first door is open. The room is empty save for a ledge over a chasm, and above the door has a picture of a bottle of poison with a short sword for a cork. Perrin stands at this door.

The next door is closed and has a picture of dark, evil-magic-looking spirals and sparkles surrounding a scimitar above it.

The next door is open. The room is completely empty. Above the door is a depiction of a raised fist superimposed over a bejeweled headband. Keyleth stands at this door.

The next door is closed. The door has a picture above it featuring a sword superimposed on a depiction of fire.

The next door is open. The room within has a large, rusty lever. The image above the door depicts a massive flame-bladed sword and the outline of a red plus sign. David stands at this door.

The next door is open. The room contains what appears to be an obstacle course made of green fire. The image above the door contains an image of purple snowflakes and a mystical-looking wand.

The next door is closed. This door has an image above it of a foot and a very shiny rapier.

Above the center door on a staircase landing is a very large stone door which appears to be locked shut with MAGICAL CHAINS that you probably can't break, even with massive Athletics scores. The door has six slots that appear to be for weapons and an indented circle in the center, about the diameter of a head, surrounding the lock.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 04:42:21 pm by Tawarochir »

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 06, 2014, 05:02:39 pm »

Peek over the ledge. Then look up. (Per: +6)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 06, 2014, 05:07:04 pm »

The chasm appears to be of a deadly depth, and you think you hear some kind of monster down there. A very powerful one. The ceiling is simple sandy-colored stone brick and does not appear to be in danger of collapsing. Rocks fall, everyone dies

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 06, 2014, 05:12:21 pm »

Use some food to trick the gelatinous cube into going off the ledge. I am prepared to wait a while. Also, cut some off and put it into one of my poison vials, it'll probably be useful at some point.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 06, 2014, 06:54:31 pm »

You lure the gelatinous cube off the ledge using yourself as bait. It makes squelching noises that awfully resemble crying. (SOUL -1) You have obtained ten small Gelatinous Cubelings, which seem to be sentient.

Gaaah.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 06, 2014, 06:55:38 pm »

Push the button. Pull the lever while standing outside the doorway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 06, 2014, 07:05:24 pm »

You pull the lever, and your amazing wisdom powers somehow factor into your presumable use of Telekinetic Grasp and allow you to pull the lever. The wall suddenly breaks apart into rubble, and behind the wall is an ancient statue of a knight (who, upon closer inspection, appears to be a dog), holding a really, really, really dusty sword that would be much like a flammard, or, as the Elves from Beyond the Sea call them, Flammenschwert, to a normal man. However, your massive bulk allows you to wield it one-handed.

Pick it up?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 06, 2014, 07:23:18 pm »

((Uh, ya, thats, uh, totally what I meant. What do you mean I forgot about my Wild Talents?))

Remembering his mentors' stories of their adventuring days and the many wonders and curiosities they encountered, he stands at attention, and speaks directly to the statue, on the off chance it may be animated. "I am your relief, Sir Knight."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 07, 2014, 12:37:05 am »

Using AMAZING POWERS OF PERCEPTION, examine every inch of the room. Do not touch anything suspicious though, at least not without examining it further.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 07, 2014, 06:09:54 am »

David: The statue responds not. Insight tells you it's naught but a fancy pedestal.

Keyleth: Eventually, you find a secret door with a small, nearly imperceptible latch. You examine it closely, and from what you can tell it's not trapped or the like.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39