Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Dwarf-o-cracy: The Story of a Dwarvern Republic [Succession Fort] Players Needed  (Read 11692 times)

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf-o-cracy: The Story of a Dwarvern Republic [Succession Fort]
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2014, 11:48:11 am »

OOC:
Some serious shit went down......damnit!

22nd of hematite
One of our fellow dwarves have becomed possesed with the need to produce some mysterious artifact, Mosus is his name.

The mayor, a new one, a bonecarver. Has banned exports of quivers. Tell that skeevy bastard we wouldn't sell quivers even if he said TO export them!

Rovod a fine cook, i eat his prepared meals almost everday, is pumping out mastercrafted meals!! What a joy it is to have him around.

20th of malachite

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mosus has created a scepter! He named it after his one of his old girlfriends i think.

I've taken it upon myself to order the dumping of random rags of clothing laying about... what is this a college dormitory?

24th of malachite

My bronze shield is such a nice piece of equipment, i'd say fit for an overseer indeed.
The way it deflected one of flames hits during a sparring session just made me burst in a roar of laughter, it was brilliant! Although flame ended up beating me quite badly in spar points.

1st of galana

looking forward to some migrants moving here, a few new dwarven hands would be welcomed with a feast.

Also i have built more slabs because a ghost has appeared in our food stockpiles.

12th of galena

A caravan from the human empire of Dur Osmah has arrived.

13th of Galena

A SIEGE! WHERE IS MY HAMMER! MY SHIELD! Let us spill blood!
I've been craving blood and action for months now! That forgotten beast didn't cure my lust for violence! All good overseers should take part in sieges!

Goblin axemen are here, we anticipate them by stationing ourselves by the hell gates near the entrence!

FIGHT! CHARGE DIIIIEEE GOBBOS!

.........................................................The era of Jolly Rancher.............................................................

My name is Saziretas, but people call me jolly rancher, i'm just a baby, but i can think and hear and see.
I've been assigned this massive room with the shape of a K from a sky's eye view. I believe it was the home to a vengeful and bloodlusting overseer.

I lay here in this huge double-wide bed, and hear my mother tell me how i will be a mushroom farmer one day, that i will live long and prosper.

Military came into the room and were talking about how the overseer was slain in battle to a goblin mace wielder. He bit and clawed to his last breath, they say he was fool hardy, that being an overseer meant more then just loyalty and dedication... You need smarts, and intelligent behavior.

It seems i could learn something about being an overseer, maybe i could become famous and rule with intelligence and wit, charm and style.... Style.... yes, they say Khahm Dworthfingers had style, but lacked more important characteristics.

They also say that Khahm, the overseer, was the only military killed in the siege, he rushed into battle with a fierce attempt to slay everything in sight. A true dwarf in anyones mind!

Long live the republic! Long live the spirit of Khahm!

OOC:
DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT! Seriously!? like..... What the hell. Khahm shall have a chamber made especially for his efforts!
Damn gobbos! I need to look up dwarven cuss words!

also on a side not we have 30+ wafers of cotttttin canddddy.
*Create potion of immortality*
*Potion Created! Drink potion*
*Immortality gained!*
*You have lost your soul!*

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2014, 11:55:38 am »

How is this a Republic? 

There should be a vote for all the named dwarves to become the new overseer every spring, based on the extravagance of campaign promises when they aren't overseer and how much can be blamed on them for failing to deliver as well as random catastrophes when they are.
Sorry for the late reply, I was asleep.
The explanation I was using was that in roleplaying terms, the characters were, in fact, chosen democratically, but for ease of running the game, we'd have them in a set order. Of course, once we have more than one character in queue, we could have a poll determining who would become next overseer, according to their campaigns.

And now for something completely different!
Grr. Mosus was the ranger that took out that FB last year, and he ended up making a useless scepter...Ah well.
I can only imagine how people view Mosus now. It's like if Cthulhu attack the world, and every country sent full military force at it, which failed. Cthulhu was then killed by a blind redneck with a shotgun.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2014, 12:00:58 pm »

And now for something completely different!
Grr. Mosus was the ranger that took out that FB last year, and he ended up making a useless scepter...Ah well.
I can only imagine how people view Mosus now. It's like if Cthulhu attack the world, and every country sent full military force at it, which failed. Cthulhu was then killed by a blind redneck with a shotgun.

hahah, yeah i was hoping for something good too. Damn rangers, they are a special breed.
*Immortality gained!*

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2014, 12:36:43 pm »

22nd of hematite
One of our fellow dwarves have becomed possesed with the need to produce some mysterious artifact, Mosus is his name.

The mayor, a new one, a bonecarver. Has banned exports of quivers. Tell that skeevy bastard we wouldn't sell quivers even if he said TO export them!

Rovod a fine cook, i eat his prepared meals almost everday, is pumping out mastercrafted meals!! What a joy it is to have him around.
That bonecarver is Agent Blade Weed Pudding in the Main, wouldn't mind if you would change her profession name and allocate her to RIN squad^^

DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT! Seriously!? like..... What the hell. Khahm shall have a chamber made especially for his efforts!

One good swear word of dwarves is "Soburb", it is an inverted drinkurd, he is mostly sober and is a shame on his lineage.

Oh as for the character death... Welcome to Murderwheel, take a sit, She will have an audience with you shortly.... She is a deity of death in the Main one btw... or rather not deity, She IS death and entropy and decay etc.^^
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2014, 01:07:40 pm »

22nd of hematite

That bonecarver is Agent Blade Weed Pudding in the Main, wouldn't mind if you would change her profession name and allocate her to RIN squad^^

done and done.

One good swear word of dwarves is "Soburb", it is an inverted drinkurd, he is mostly sober and is a shame on his lineage.

Bloody Soburb goblins!... oh i like that.

Oh as for the character death... Welcome to Murderwheel, take a sit, She will have an audience with you shortly.... She is a deity of death in the Main one btw... or rather not deity, She IS death and entropy and decay etc.^^

hahahah

No shit, i just got sieged again! This time by a massive 65-75+ army of elites and what not.

Time to batten down the hatches.

Man i didn't know what i signed up 4. Atleast the fortress is completely badassly built.

EDIT+

Okay shit hit the fan hard.. Flame is dead, 3 other military, and like 8 other workers.
And it wasn't even from the siege.
also jolly rancher died... wtf. Guess this all did happen in the candy shop, maybe he mistaken `Blue candy` for actual sweets.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:45:48 pm by PlayingGood »
*Immortality gained!*

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2014, 01:36:23 pm »

*whispers*Let me let you in on a little secret.... one z-level above the forges there is mayors quarters... The levers there controll the C.H.E.E.S.E.M.A.K.E.R, our magma-flooding defensive device, the lever most moved to the east closes the entrance in a way that forces all enemies to pass through the cage traps.... I should have told that earlier, my bad^^

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2014, 02:18:27 pm »

*whispers*Let me let you in on a little secret.... one z-level above the forges there is mayors quarters... The levers there controll the C.H.E.E.S.E.M.A.K.E.R, our magma-flooding defensive device, the lever most moved to the east closes the entrance in a way that forces all enemies to pass through the cage traps.... I should have told that earlier, my bad^^

Oh that kicks ASS!

BURN BABY BURN!

« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 02:32:05 pm by PlayingGood »
*Immortality gained!*

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2014, 02:59:19 pm »

28th of sandstone

Migrants have arrived, and i threw them a welcome party, this list goes as follows;

Migrants arrived
tanner
weaponsmith
clothier
diagnoster

14th of timber

Another siege has come, it appears this one is much larger.

23rd of timber

Atis Oddomrul begun a mysterious artifact
at a masons workshop! He says strange words like armed, and priceless... He has forgot nothing is priceless in this world, except blue candy of course.

27th of timber

Atis has finished a microline armor stand, that thing is worth near a million dwarfbuck!

2nd of moonstone

Another forgotten beast has appeared!! This one looks tough as a coffin nail.

At first my scouts tell me its trapped in the river system in an underground cave, so i leave it to drown or remain idle.

Then out of no where we hear screams in the candy shop! 2 squads are sent down to investigate, they found workers murdered and a giant lizard spitting webs at them!

23rd of moonstone

After a bloody 5 day battle, we have slain the beast, but we have lost one of the finest warriors known to Murderwheel and any dwarven civilization!
Flame is dead. 3 other military, Jolly Rancher, and 8 workers have been slain. This place is hell on a mountaintop!!
Glorious hell inded.

blood paints the walls of the candy shop, like syrup of a rich and delicious treat.

Flame was struck in the head, sent flying backwards, then caught into a web. Where he was kicked to death in the head by the beast.

May flame live forever in our minds, every time we drink from a mug of ale shall we think of him!

1st of opal
Our population is at 134, and the drink is down to 1500, i built two more stills and asigned a few more farmers and brewers.

Also i drowned those troll and gobbo soburbs in magma!!! Oh it was glorious! SOO glorious!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:47:39 pm by PlayingGood »
*Immortality gained!*

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2014, 02:59:41 pm »

And pray, how many valuable masterwork mechanisms that destroy for us? You only need to pull the most eastward one, not the one next to it, it is not calibrated for that... :-\

Edit: Flame's dead?! Well, I propose you take over as militia commander and take over his hammer, it is named methinks...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 03:02:06 pm by exodius1 »

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2014, 03:05:13 pm »

And pray, how many valuable masterwork mechanisms that destroy for us? You only need to pull the most eastward one, not the one next to it, it is not calibrated for that... :-\

Edit: Flame's dead?! Well, I propose you take over as militia commander and take over his hammer, it is named methinks...

aw damn, my bad bro.

That was off the hook though, totally badass.

Whoever designed this fort is a god.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:48:28 pm by PlayingGood »
*Immortality gained!*

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2014, 03:07:43 pm »

Thanks, but there is a lot to improve here, firstly, gobbos get stuck in place when their leader is captured in a cage, leading to infinite siege... and than when you try to kill them your dwarves dodge into lava, i know, i tried^^ So someone has to figure out how to kill them without getting hot in the process^^

Edit: OOOoooh! OOooh! and notice the sports area under F7! Here are the rules^^
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 03:09:35 pm by exodius1 »

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2014, 03:14:10 pm »

Have i been dorfed yet?
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2014, 03:19:09 pm »

Thanks, but there is a lot to improve here, firstly, gobbos get stuck in place when their leader is captured in a cage, leading to infinite siege... and than when you try to kill them your dwarves dodge into lava, i know, i tried^^ So someone has to figure out how to kill them without getting hot in the process^^

Edit: OOOoooh! OOooh! and notice the sports area under F7! Here are the rules^^

M.A.D.N.E.S.S

I LOVE IT, sounds totally bloody awesome!

half way through obsidian right now though
*Immortality gained!*

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2014, 03:21:07 pm »

Noo! Flame!
Ah, well, he died as he lived...Smashing in the skulls of eldritch abominations.x
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2014, 03:26:07 pm »

Have i been dorfed yet?

Yeah i got you covered bro, sorry, forgot to post pic

Noo! Flame!
Ah, well, he died as he lived...Smashing in the skulls of eldritch abominations.x

He was glorious in battle bro, he was spitting in the enemies face, crushing bones while chanting, and singing about a bloody marry mixed with rum and FB blood.
*Immortality gained!*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8