Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Dwarf-o-cracy: The Story of a Dwarvern Republic [Succession Fort] Players Needed  (Read 11665 times)

leonheart11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This seems interesting. How would one get involved?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

Yes! New person!
You can get involved by simply saying you want to be involved. The latest save is in the OP, and time limit is 1 week, extended to 2 if you say you need more time. Speaking of the OP, I should really get around to linking Pergarrett's turn in it.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile

Heya, Leon!

Just one thing... don't get TOO attached to your dorf, player characters have a very short life expectancy^^

So, we are skipping Playin', right? No offense to him but he should have said something^^
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey there, I would love to get involved. Sign me up, and I will be following along until my turn.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey there, I would love to get involved. Sign me up, and I will be following along until my turn.
Added to the queue. Welcome aboard! Go visit the M.A.D.N.E.S.S. room for your FREE complimentary blood splatter, and if you get lucky, a signed autograph from our star player, Kolkeskal! Er, his ghost, anyways.

Also, Leon, it's your turn next!

leonheart11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh boy! Let's see how this horrid mess shall start.

EDIT: Already, I regret this decision. I never really comprehended the ENORMITY of this fort, and now I see I am in for an undertaking of epic proportions. The sheer VOLUME of dwarves is insane. And so, of course, paranoia sets in immediately. I am beginning with two simple projects: One, to build a large dungeon in which to chain up all these goddamn trolls we have for some reason, and two, construct as many Giant Axes as possible. This place will be surrounded by deadly traps before I am through. Absolutely surrounded.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 04:48:27 pm by leonheart11 »

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile

Before you add ANY traps to the system, make sure they are not in the way of the main (the one surrounding the ramp to the entrance) magma channel in CHEESEMAKER... It is there to channel all teh enemies to cage traps, so we can strip tehm and use them for bloodsports^^... Also, chaining up trolls is a bad idea... building destroyer tag and such^^

Edit: Sorry, i spent so much time with this fort i get a bit protective, do not allow my words to get between you and fun^^ For !!FUN!! do exact opposite to what i say^^
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 05:54:22 pm by exodius1 »

leonheart11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Worry not, I realize my dreams of having TRAPS EVERYWHERE are but flights of fancy, however: The Troll Gulag is underway.

EDIT: Welp, Goddamnit. My first death occured as "Flambeaux" Tadmeng, as I have named him, used his "On Break" status as an excuse to take a dip in some lava.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 09:06:30 pm by leonheart11 »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Worry not, I realize my dreams of having TRAPS EVERYWHERE are but flights of fancy, however: The Troll Gulag is underway.

This bodes well.

leonheart11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The fair city of Murderwheel is under siege, by ferocious (If relatively unintelligent) goblins. Fortunately, I trust in the tactics of my precursors in regards to handling them. Meanwhile, The Troll Gulag is fully constructed. Not entirely populated yet, though that is being seen to as we speak.

The Not-Yet-Fully-Populated Troll Gulag
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 10:38:21 pm by leonheart11 »

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile

Welp, Goddamnit. My first death occured as "Flambeaux" Tadmeng, as I have named him, used his "On Break" status as an excuse to take a dip in some lava.

Ekhm.... "Do not get too attached[...] life expectancy is short"
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 07:13:56 am by exodius1 »

leonheart11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp, Goddamnit. My first death occured as "Flambeaux" Tadmeng, as I have named him, used his "On Break" status as an excuse to take a dip in some lava.

Ekhm.... "Do not get too attached[...] life expectancy is short"
Don't worry. I did not like him.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So on my upcoming turn, may I select any un-nicknamed dwarf for my character, or are there rules attached to that?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any dwarf you like, so long as it doesn't already have a nickname. I suppose you could take over one of the RIN that are still alive (If any) if you wanted to, though.

Actually, I'm not entirely sure we have any more nicknamed dwarves besides whoever Leonheart chooses as his next avatar of Armok.

leonheart11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I chose a young hammerdwarf, who is now our resident hammerer. PREPARE FOR JUSTICE.

EDIT: Well, uh, I'm /almost certain/ one of these levers releases magma onto the hordes of goblins outside of the fort. No idea which one, though. Perhaps I should pull them all just to be safe.

EDIT II: Actually, probably a bad idea. In other news, there is a ghost whose corpse burnt up in magma, and whose name is impossible to be engraved thanks to the crazy letters it has. So... I hope you guys like ghost brewers. Fortunately, he's not malicious, but rather just sorta... Wandering. He wanders. A lot.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 12:06:22 pm by leonheart11 »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8