Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding in more necromancer towers  (Read 837 times)

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding in more necromancer towers
« on: March 01, 2014, 04:44:42 pm »

Hi!
Could you please help me with more necros?
I currently tried to gen some Medium worlds with 1500 yrs of history (takes ages :S) and 1000 secret types available, but ended up with 2 to 4 necro-towers, all far away from the glaciers (if such thing even existed in the gen).  RNG just hates me it seems cause when I did not want a world with necros, I got loads of em (8 towers a min in 1000yrs world)
As I see,
You need to be 10 tiles or closer to the tower.  Necros claim to control a 21 x 21 tile square area, with the tower in the center tile.
Is this extendible with modding? Cause if necros would fsck up the whole world, that would do the trick.

The thing I want to achieve is to have a fortress built of obsidian on the glacier, and it wouldn't be perfect if I won't have an undead army.
Terrifying is way too hardcore, on glacier I can't survive usually long enough to start an army to claim back the surface.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Modding in more necromancer towers
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 05:06:48 pm »

Behavior of sites can't be modded.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 09:26:13 pm »

Won't help with necromancers, but if you turn off werebeasts I think the worldgen runs faster.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Perramas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 09:17:47 am »

You could mode other races to be Necromancers that will get you more towers. In the creature_standard file located in the objects folder add [MAXAGE:150:170][CAN_LEARN][CAN_SPEAK][SUPERNATURAL] to the races you want to be necromancers. You can set the maxage to whatever you want.

Then in the entity file located in the same folder add [RELIGION:PANTHEON][RELIGION_SPHERE:DEATH] to the same race or races. I Also changed the secrets to 10000 in the world_gen file located in the data folder init sub-folder.

I modded the elves and goblins in my game and I get 20-30 towers in a max sized world after 1000 years. I just ran a pocket region for 2500 years and it had 8 Necromancer Towers.

Magnusen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 03:54:54 pm »

THIS should help you.