Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 98

Author Topic: Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix  (Read 211004 times)

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix
« Reply #1005 on: July 22, 2017, 01:06:46 pm »

Yeah, the people who are complaining that it's abandoned are just upset that it wasn't an infinite game like Mount and Blade even though it has been clear from very, very early on that it was never going to be that. You can easily get 50-70ish hours on the easiest difficulty just going through the three endgame scenarios.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 01:11:29 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 22, 2017, 04:14:31 pm »

Hrrhmeh. This was useful because I was kinda hoping something warbandish.

Will wait for a hefty discount then, I guess
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 22, 2017, 07:51:57 pm »

Yeah, the people who are complaining that it's abandoned are just upset that it wasn't an infinite game like Mount and Blade even though it has been clear from very, very early on that it was never going to be that. You can easily get 50-70ish hours on the easiest difficulty just going through the three endgame scenarios.

I dunno man, 50-70 hours is a ton of identical battles to slog through without getting bored.
Shoes...

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 22, 2017, 08:49:39 pm »

I dunno man, 50-70 hours is a ton of identical battles to slog through without getting bored.

Your mileage may vary. I tend to play games with podcasts or movies on so the repetitive gameplay didn't bother me.
Wasteland 1 & 2

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 24, 2017, 01:46:27 am »

Your mileage may vary. I tend to play games with podcasts or movies on so the repetitive gameplay didn't bother me.

One should not have to supplement a game with background entertainment like movies or audio to make it not boring and mind numbing. That alone paints a pretty bad picture about how entertaining and engaging your game isn't.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 24, 2017, 02:37:18 am »

He says
On a Dwarf Fortress forum.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 24, 2017, 06:12:57 am »

Interesting point in a previous post about how people expect EA games to never be feature complete. Maybe we are spoiled by games like Dwarf Fortress that keep developing forever? I think BB is fine, it is feature complete delivering exactly the things it promised to deliver. Could it be even better? Of course, but that applies to every game out there. If tweaking your game forever is not a lifestyle, expecting eternal development is just not an option.

Edit: The game is -25% on GoG.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:23:29 am by Majestic7 »

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: October 10, 2017, 02:37:10 pm »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 10, 2017, 06:40:36 pm »

So I've ran into an orc siege and the AI if giving me a certain order of things to do. It's been a while but I recall their plans being utter shit and the situation looking hopeless as the AI group bumrushed their vanguard. What exactly are you suppose to do here? Follow the AI's plan? Does taking out the artillery end the siege? What do you do against an army?

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 10, 2017, 10:32:25 pm »

Looks like the devs have a surprise up their sleeve.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/2145261379787600083

Lookin forward to it. Don't really got much information at the moment though so not much to discuss.

Some people on steam were speculating the return of Lizardmen. That'd be pretty cool, a whole new faction would be nice.

But maybe this means they've changed there minds on the whole "no new content being developed" thing. That would be nice.

So I've ran into an orc siege and the AI if giving me a certain order of things to do. It's been a while but I recall their plans being utter shit and the situation looking hopeless as the AI group bumrushed their vanguard. What exactly are you suppose to do here? Follow the AI's plan? Does taking out the artillery end the siege? What do you do against an army?

Every time I've done that mission I've just wiped out the entire orc army, so I don't know what happens if you just take out the siege engines. Iirc you're objectives say "kill all orcs" so at least you won't get paid if you leave any alive.

Though from what I remember you generally don't get attacked by the whole orc army at once, so with the help of the AI it's certainly winnable. Definitely one of the harder missions in the greenskin crisis thou.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: October 11, 2017, 07:32:06 am »

All the comments on steam on the tease begging and whining for workshop are really frustrating. The idea was toyed with at one point, but ultimately decided against. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if they were to make the game mod-compatible they'd need to rewrite a metric shitton of code. As it stands, they've made one of the more solid experiences to come out of Steam Early Access in a good while. The fact that they're adding to it even though they said they would not is a gift in itself.

There's no pleasing people, I guess.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: October 11, 2017, 08:15:38 am »

People whine because it works, especially regarding EA titles. I've seen several EA titles go down the drain due to toxic community who make the devs lose their vision of the game and instead start pleasing the loudest louts - even when their opinions don't necessarily reflect the majority of the player base. They are just the loudest. Happens especially to the inexperienced devs.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 13, 2017, 08:28:05 pm »

http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/2139632606721112856

^
Update on the lizard. I like that it takes up two tiles, but it doesn't really mesh with the artstyle well. Looks like it's partially underground. Besides that all the stuff around it seems like a nice addition to the game. Really aren't that many monsters in Battle Brothers after all.

Wasteland 1 & 2

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 13, 2017, 08:46:59 pm »

It does have a strange look putting quadrupeds into the 'Lopped leg' artstyle, but I can't say I hate it.
I will be intrigued to see just how far the 'tail' is allowed to get away from the 'body', as it makes it sound like there might be some shenanigans going on with it.

Would still rather fight a 4x4 giant though.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:49:20 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 14, 2017, 05:50:50 am »

Great news.
On a different note, my current game seems to be no longer fun. I've lived through all 3 crises and my company is strong enough to tackle pretty much any challenge. I'm playing on Ironman, veteran difficulty. Thinking to try expert but am not sure if its still fun or just a bloody grindfest. Any feedback?
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 98