Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 98

Author Topic: Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix  (Read 211130 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix
« Reply #810 on: February 24, 2017, 04:32:30 am »

Procedurally generating that though... ew
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jaysen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Battle Brothers - A turn based strategy RPG
« Reply #811 on: February 24, 2017, 04:42:57 am »

Just a quick update: The distance for the secure cemetery contracts is sometimes way off but this is a bug and will be fixed with the upcoming patch!
Battle Brothers - A turn based strategy RPG
Dev Blog
Twitter
Facebook

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: February 24, 2017, 09:13:52 am »

Great, a new update! :)

By the way, does anyone know a good place to sell direwolf pelts? I got a bunch hunting some beasts for a contract, but I've visited several developed (castle) towns and the marketplaces offer about the same as small towns (30-50 crowns) despite the item value being 200. I've had no problem selling other high-value goods, like amber or salt, in fortified settlements, but so far no dice for pelts.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: February 24, 2017, 09:17:06 am »

Btw, if your steam is messed up (News, Shop, Browser content not working, which is mostly because of admin rights) - Battle Brothers won't start. Works fine on one pc, not on another - with the only difference being that the non-working pc has that steam bug.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: February 24, 2017, 09:25:24 am »

Dire pelts always seem to sell for pennies.
But with a tailor in the crew they can be used to make some of the best light armor in the game.
Or could. Who knows if it's still a thing.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: February 24, 2017, 09:39:19 am »

Dire pelts always seem to sell for pennies.
But with a tailor in the crew they can be used to make some of the best light armor in the game.
Or could. Who knows if it's still a thing.

Hmm. Didn't know about that use of a tailor. I'm still exploring the effects of the various merc backgrounds.

As for pelts themselves, it sounds like a bug if you can never sell them for their stated value.

Also, a couple of observations:

- Irrational trait (random +/-10% on Morale checks) sounds more like Bipolar, to be precise. Not that bipolarity isn't irrational, but... Just a nitpick.
- More importantly, a simple suggestion, taking advantage of the variety of food types you can encounter: +X% company morale per food type in inventory, if that's not already in the game (can't see any indication of it). A varied diet makes people happier. Capped or not, I think it's a good idea, and some types (i.e. meat or wine) could have a somewhat greater effect than others (i.e. grain).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 09:40:58 am by Greenbane »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: February 24, 2017, 09:45:59 am »

Actually there's already an in-game event boosting morale if you've got a good variety of food.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: February 24, 2017, 09:49:32 am »

Could be good as a passive though. Waiting on events is never fun (screw you, historian!)

That being said, it being final release Beta I think the time for suggestions has kind of passed.

Also, irrational works there.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 24, 2017, 09:55:35 am »

Could be good as a passive though. Waiting on events is never fun (screw you, historian!)

Yep.

That being said, it being final release Beta I think the time for suggestions has kind of passed.

It's simple enough, and at any rate, it doesn't mean it has to be implemented ASAP, nor is the release version meant to be actually final.

More content can be expected afterwards, I believe.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: February 24, 2017, 10:30:57 am »

I get the feeling the team is pretty anxious to move on to other things.

But I think Jaysen could answer that better.

Jaysen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Battle Brothers - A turn based strategy RPG
« Reply #820 on: February 24, 2017, 10:42:00 am »

We are always taking in suggestions and ideas, even if the base game is pretty much feature complete right now. Some smaller things can still be implemented on the side or we take them down for possible future expensions : )
Battle Brothers - A turn based strategy RPG
Dev Blog
Twitter
Facebook

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: February 24, 2017, 07:13:19 pm »

So I was doing pretty well for myself, completed a few ambitions, like saving money for the battle standard, naming a sergeant and all.

I came across a little town which had a two-skull contract. Greenskins. About 1440 crowns in payment. Sounded like perhaps it might be tough, but I trusted those two skulls, thinking things wouldn't get out of hand.

So I had the company roam around the town for a while and eventually the beasts appeared: Some Orc Young and a Few Orc Berserkers.

It didn't go well. At all.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 07:50:01 pm by Greenbane »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 24, 2017, 08:45:30 pm »

If berserkers are the same as before the patch, they come without armor and your best hope is to kill them with bowshot before they even get near your men because they keep stacking buffs as they kill more dudes.

Also, bug #2

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 24, 2017, 09:11:04 pm »

If berserkers are the same as before the patch, they come without armor and your best hope is to kill them with bowshot before they even get near your men because they keep stacking buffs as they kill more dudes.

Oh, they were both armoured. Suit and helmet, and it felt as tough as (early) chainmail at least.

Felt logical to surround in order to get rid of them fast, but a) I didn't thoroughly swarm them (no more than 2-3 before the killing started), and b) that's just one step away from a devastating roundhouse multi-kill anyway.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: February 24, 2017, 11:04:58 pm »

Not sure if this is a crisis-related thing, but the ancient dead seem to be... well... Your problem, specifically.

It's like beasts, raiders, orcs and undead are all prevalent issues which are always around, but the ancient dead always seem to be because YOU woke them up, and they think YOU are the problem.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 98