Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 98

Author Topic: Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix  (Read 211132 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix
« Reply #780 on: February 16, 2017, 04:31:19 am »

Awesome, thanks : )

(like to LP https://youtu.be/0wijL0MNazs )

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 17, 2017, 09:50:01 am »

Final Update Hits Beta Next Week

Time is about ready for some fresh eyes to take a look at the upcoming final update of Battle Brothers. During the course of next week, the update will hit the beta branch. Do understand that it’ll be in beta for a reason – there’s going to be bugs and balancing issues. We’ll post instructions on how to opt into the beta next week. If you prefer to wait instead until the game is finished, you can just keep on playing and don’t have to worry about any of this.

Ha, beat Jaysen to it!

Here's the link to the playlist of the ongoing final update Let's Play. The fourth episode was just uploaded.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 17, 2017, 10:05:28 am »

Nice ninja. Props
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jaysen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Battle Brothers - A turn based strategy RPG
« Reply #783 on: February 17, 2017, 10:48:24 am »

hehe thanks guys!
Battle Brothers - A turn based strategy RPG
Dev Blog
Twitter
Facebook

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 17, 2017, 10:52:55 am »

Cannot wait to see a goblin overseer whipping an Orc berserker into a frenzy.
It's probably an unlikely scenario but I can dream!
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jaysen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 22, 2017, 08:51:08 am »

Time for the final Update! It just moved to open beta so you can check out all the new things!

Final Update released to Beta Branch!

Here we go - the new and final major update is now live on the beta branch of Battle Brothers!

What’s new?

As this is the final major update, our focus was on general polish, balance and quality of life improvements as much as on the remaining major features. Here’s the shortlist.

- Three different ‘Greater Evil’ late game crises for you to get involved in – a war between noble houses, a greenskin invasion and an undead invasion. Each comes with their own set of contracts, events and changes to the world.
- The Ancient Dead - an entire faction with new enemies to fight, new lootable weapons and armor, and unique tactics on the battlefield.
- A new system for mood and desertion - your men will react to how things are progressing, and it’s your job to keep them content.
- Ambitions - set goals for your company to pursue on their way to become legendary.
- Obituary - honor the brave men that have fallen under your command.
- Retirement - retire from your mercenary company when you’re ready to start a new life, and see how the company and its members fare without you.
- A complete overhaul of Ghouls into the new and more challenging Nachzehrer.
- New mechanics for morale to make resolve and initiative more important.
- 11 new contracts.
- 54 new illustrated events.
- 2 new music tracks.
- 70 Steam Achievements.
- Lots and lots of smaller improvements, changes and additions.
- Steam Trading Cards will be unlocked at a later time.

Note that this update is not compatible with older savegames. You will have to start a new campaign!

What’s still to come?

While this beta version is very close to the final release, there’s still things yet to come over the next few weeks.

Bugfixes
Balancing
More events
A few legendary items hidden across the world
One more music track

Any saves created with the beta version will be compatible with the release version, but some additions or late changes may require a new campaign in order to take effect. If that’s a problem for you, don’t opt into the beta.

Why put this in a beta branch first?

This update makes changes to many of the game’s core mechanics. Extensive changes like these will inevitably upset the game’s balance and introduce new issues. Participating in the beta is optional for everyone that wants to experience the new content now and doesn’t mind a few hiccups - we’re thankful for your feedback and bug reports! Everyone else may want to wait a few weeks until the game is more balanced and any issues that popped up have been ironed out.

Please report any issues you encounter in the forums following the instructions there. Do not leave random complaints as comments to this news post, they’d only get buried and lost.

How do I access the beta branch?

In order to access the beta branch of Battle Brothers you need to do as follows:

Go to your Steam library.
Right-click on ‘Battle Brothers’ and select ‘Properties’.
Go to the tab labeled ‘BETAS’.
Select ‘beta’ from the drop down menu.

Steam should now download the beta branch and once it is finished you can normally run it via your Steam library.

Dev Blog
Twitter
Facebook

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 22, 2017, 08:57:56 am »

Superb! I'm diving in right now!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 22, 2017, 09:13:38 am »

I WAS DOING LESS IMPORTANT THINGS BUT IT'S FINE THE BABY WILL FEED ITSELF

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 22, 2017, 10:18:48 am »

I've played three days of a Normal campaign, and I'm thinking maybe I should've picked Veteran. But we'll see.

A couple of very minor things:

- I got the Power of Music achievement, supposedly for knocking out someone with a lute. Except it was a bludgeon. Don't have any lutes.
- The Ancient Auxiliary Shield has a typo in its description: "An wooden light shield in oval shape."

Jaysen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 22, 2017, 10:30:54 am »

Thanks for the info, will both be fixed with the next update!
Dev Blog
Twitter
Facebook

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 22, 2017, 10:50:22 am »

Another typo
Student: "At the eleventh character level you gain and an additional character level"

I'll drop edits in for any others I come across.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 22, 2017, 03:45:59 pm »

Is anyone else seeing medical supplies not getting used up when there are wounded in the party?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 22, 2017, 04:52:12 pm »

Is anyone else seeing medical supplies not getting used up when there are wounded in the party?

Hmm. Possibly? But then the description says they're used to heal severe injuries, implying regular healing doesn't require medical supplies.

I suppose they're testing the balance, but at least on Normal, I haven't used a single point after several battles in eight game days. Doesn't feel quite balanced, considering all the other supplies are consumed in normal conditions.

So far, Normal seems like a disguised Easy level, given I've had no casualties, no injuries nor even moderately wounded mercenaries. Not sure if it's intended to be this easy, but maybe that's my experience with the genre and I should restart on Veteran.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 22, 2017, 07:26:19 pm »

Switched to Veteran, producing a more likely experience: my guys get wounded and sometimes severely injured at a fair rate, and I just lost one guy due to a bad flank and getting overwhelmed. He almost made it, but no joy. Also had to run from a well-armed party of thugs and raiders which ambushed me on the road. Overall, challenging but not unfair.

Something of note: during one of the first days, I got a contract to kill a bunch of creatures which were terrorizing the local village. Can't remember if it was one or two skulls, but when I saw the pack of 7 Nachzehrer, I ran and impulsively decided to lure them to the village, hoping militia would come out. Another mercenary company appeared and went after them, which was just fine. I allowed them to kill a bunch of the beasts, but didn't time it well and they ended up wiping out the whole pack. Thing is, I got all the credit as if I had killed the target myself, and was paid in full.

Not sure if that's intended. It was a nice surprise, but to be fair there should've been a reduction in the reward, or an outright contract cancellation. Not really a failure, but clearly the other company would've expected their reward. If you want to make it more complex, if other mercs are after the same target as you are and they accomplish the task, you could dishonestly claim the reward but you'd risk the other company's anger and a stain on your reputation.

As a footnote, another minor thing, practically nitpicking: the shadow effect on items isn't always uniform. Compare the thick, dark Noble Sword effect to the knives' below it, or the military pick to the boar spears. Really tiny thing, but I noticed it.

Jaysen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 23, 2017, 03:00:02 am »

Yes, medicinal supplies are only used for temporary injuries and not hitpoints. We changed this from a previous version.

Getting the difficulty levels right is really tricky. We want people who are new to the game to start on normal to get a hang of the game and understand its mechanics and not getting completely destroyed ; ) For everyone who knows a bit about the game veteran is definitely the way to go.
We still have some time before the release and the beta feedback will help a lot with tweaking the difficulty levels further.
Dev Blog
Twitter
Facebook
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 98