Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 98

Author Topic: Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix  (Read 211142 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix
« Reply #600 on: March 02, 2016, 03:46:26 am »

My experience have apparently been somewhat different than everyone else.  Direwolves were something like my third mission and went down really easy, but I can expect to lose at least one guy every time I engage orc youths and goblins tear my party to shreds. 

I quite like contracts being sparse like this.  Wandering around looking for an employer seems like something a mercenary band should have to do, and you can generally get some great hints by visiting taverns anyway.

My one concern at present is ranged combat.  Bows seem both overpowered from a damage standpoint and way too low accuracy.  It feels like I'm trying to use a Ballista at times :p
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 02, 2016, 04:38:46 am »

Contract rarity has been fixed in the recent hotfixes or at least it seems I find more of them. Yeah, direwolves aren't that tough if you face them with armed and armored thugs. If they get their claws on your archers, it is a different thing entirely. Goblins, on the other hand, murder everything. It isn't even the damage they do, but the way they seem almost impossible to hit.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 02, 2016, 04:58:23 am »

I'd like to submit a bug report. How do I do it? (also, how do I find out the version I'm playing, as that might be important)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 02, 2016, 06:28:27 am »

You can report bugs on Steam forum and their own forum I guess. The version number should be visible in the lower right corner.

Crazy Horse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 02, 2016, 08:45:38 am »

While in theory I quite like the idea of this being one of the few games where goblins are actually terrifying I can agree they need some rebalance. My main issue is those camo-wearing sniper gobbos getting one-shot kills to the head. Those guys look pretty nasty so they should be strong but I wish they were rare and a weaker type of ranged unit was more common.

What about nets being strong against the little rascals? They are quite pricey for a one-use item so it could be pretty balanced.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 02, 2016, 12:04:12 pm »

agreed on those gobbos, there is nothing i am more afraid of to the point where i completely ignore any and all missions involving goblins. I rather face an Ork Warhorde than a Goblin Unit with Ambushers and an Overseer.

The only time my party didnt end up dead was when i was facing smaller groups of goblin skirmishers without any nasty support.

Also i dont see the problem with direwolves. Find them easy to be honest...although low-armored groups should stay away from them.

On another note, is it just me or do you folks also constantly lose your wardogs? i never had one that survived a serious engagement. Even when i bring them in packs they die saddeningly fast.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 02, 2016, 12:24:50 pm »

I wouldn't know, my current game has a complete lack of wardogs :P

As for the gobbos, the best method regarding facing them is to attack them at night. That takes off the edge of those damned ambushers considerably since not only does it drop their ranged accuracy to bugger all, it reduces the rage which they can shoot as well.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 02, 2016, 12:54:43 pm »

Wardogs die in proper fights, they are best used as meat shields for archers (to be released by archers when approached by enemies and unprotected) or to pursue fleeing enemies.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 02, 2016, 01:36:41 pm »

I accepted the tutorial contract but I should have checked the map first as the nearest "town" was 2 days away so it turns into a 4 day hike to get there and back to the quest village.

Yep, in my game, it was the third settlement along the road from the first village. ~3-4 days to complete the quest, but it was cool, because I slaughtered some bandits on my way back.

symonthewise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BASILEUS
« Reply #609 on: March 03, 2016, 05:46:21 pm »

Played the new version for an hour or so and I found it really enjoyable. The world feels more fleshed out. It hasn't become too difficult yet though I did get smoked by a few direwolves when they caught me unprepared, however it seemed fair given the circumstances.

Yeah so, great job guys!

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 06, 2016, 11:04:03 am »

Day 35. 8 bros vs 16 gobbos. We kill 'em all with no casualties. Ulrich slays 5 greenskins [3 beheaded] in this battle, so I give him the "Executioner" title. We reach the next city at sunrise.
BOOM. Crash!  >:(

Protip: Save often.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 08, 2016, 09:45:31 am »

so I give him [a] title.
Wait, you can do that? I thought titles just appeared on their own (like in CK2.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 08, 2016, 10:13:27 am »

Yep, you can. Anyway, I reloaded the game and stormed the camp again. Ulrich [& 2 others] threw in the towel this time.  ::)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 08, 2016, 12:47:48 pm »

so towns rebuild destroyed farms and mines...do they build new ones and new towns?

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 09, 2016, 10:44:28 am »

new towns?

Nope....at least I haven't seen it yet.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 98