Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 98

Author Topic: Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix  (Read 210902 times)

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix
« Reply #300 on: April 21, 2015, 09:16:41 am »

The should be able to do a 360-spin-and-push-everyone-back-1-tile with that billhook thingy, haha. :P Just kiddig, tho.

Jaysen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Battle Brothers - A turn based strategy RPG
« Reply #301 on: April 21, 2015, 04:13:04 pm »

So it is almost here!

Battle Brothers will launch to Early Access on April 27th

Finally! We’re all giggly and excited to get the game out there and see what you guys come up with, how you’ll play it, what you’ll think about it and which ideas and feedback you’ll have!

Battle Brothers will launch on Steam and will also be available on the Humble Store and our very own website. We’ll look into other platforms for selling the game as well.

The game will be offered in three different editions.

Basic Edition
This includes the game in its current Early Access version and all future updates up to and including the full game release. It comes at a cost of 19.99$ - depending on region, your price may vary slightly.

Deluxe Edition
The deluxe edition includes the game in its current Early Access version and all future updates up to and including the full game release. Additionally, all buyers will receive the complete Battle Brothers soundtrack as a digital download once it is finished and released. The difference in price to the basic edition will go directly to the fine musicians who are creating all the music for Battle Brothers. It comes at a cost of 24.99$ - depending on region, your price may vary slightly.

Supporter Edition
For those of you who really want to support us in the future development of Battle Brothers we also offer the Supporter Edition. Like the Deluxe Edition, this includes both the game itself and the soundtrack. In addition, you’ll get a digital lore book with a lot of background info about the world and its inhabitants, as well as our very first legendary item in the game, complete with a look of its own and a unique background story: Fangshire.

The Supporter Edition comes at 39.99$ - keep in mind this price is not about the additional content you get, but a chance for you to support further development of Battle Brothers if this is a project you truly believe in.

For all editions, please take note that both the soundtrack and the lore book are not yet done and will only be delivered once they’ve been finalized. You can expect them to be done at around the time the game leaves Early Access.

What’s in the Early Access?
The game is very much playable and stable with all core mechanics in place. It features several scenarios and an open world campaign mode with 20+ different enemies, 80+ items, 42 character perks and thousands of procedurally generated mercenaries for hire. Campaign gameplay is more sandboxy than the final game will be as the overarching story and endgame, along with more content and other features adding to the depth of the game, will be added as the Early Access progresses. The UI is not skinned yet, there will be bugs and the game balance may need some tweaking based on your feedback.

Here are the key features:
  • Procedurally generated worldmap, tactical combat maps and mercenaries.
  • Open and dynamic world simulation that is not scripted - your actions can actually alter the balance of the world.
  • All characters come with their own background stories and traits. Want a stuttering ratcatcher, a greedy witchhunter or a drunkard disowned noble?
  • Permadeath. All characters that die in combat will stay dead - unless they return as the undead.
  • Field up to 12 Battle Brothers on large and varied tactical combat maps with different terrain and multiple height levels.
  • Character development without a restrictive class-system. Each Battle Brother gains experience through combat, can level up and acquire powerful perks.
  • Equipment that matters. Different weapons grant unique skills – split shields with axes, stun enemies with maces, form a spearwall with spears or crush armor with a warhammer.
  • Diverse enemy roster. All enemies have unique equipment, skills and AI behavior.
  • One full hour of orchestral soundtrack with more on the way.

What’s coming next?
Battle Brothers already offers the chance to experience great tales of heroic battle, triumphs against all odds and devastating losses. We have the ambition to take it way further. Here is a list of major features we have planned for the full release of the game:
  • Worldmap story and progression mechanic.
  • Non-combat characters for your mercenary company.
  • Scavenger-hunts for legendary artifacts.
  • A dynamic event system with atmospheric encounters and tough decisions outside of combat.
  • Indoor tactical combat environments, such as dungeons.
  • A fully skinned UI.
  • More content: More enemies, terrain types, items, contracts, character backgrounds and at least one additional major enemy faction acting in the world.
Battle Brothers - A turn based strategy RPG
Dev Blog
Twitter
Facebook

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 21, 2015, 05:31:24 pm »

Ahhh finally! So awesome!!! I don't have any money until April 30 but added some cash on Steam nevertheless. I really want to play it asap. :3 <3

Btw, will there be a linux release at some point?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 03:04:26 am by rumpel »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 24, 2015, 03:33:57 pm »

When events are added in will there be randomized events depending on what backgrounds you have in your party?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Rap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 24, 2015, 03:43:46 pm »

Absolutely. For example, the more criminal types might cause trouble during your stay in a city, or a character with the Hedge Knight background might be challenged to a duel by another Hedge Knight. It'll up to you how to resolve these situations. The exact outcomes of different actions available to you in handling these events will be slightly randomized so that they're likely to be different on each playthrough.
Dev Blog - Twitter - Facebook

Jaysen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 27, 2015, 03:34:10 pm »

Battle Brothers released to Early Access!

Finally! After all that waiting you can now experience for yourself how it feels to get your men slaughtered and, in some rare cases, even emerge victorious in a game of Battle Brothers. We hope you enjoy playing the game as much as we enjoyed designing it!

Please keep in mind that this game was just released into Early Access and is far from finished. We consider it a solid foundation upon which we can now build a truly great game over the course of the next year.

Where to get it
The best place for buying the game is at our very own website. You’ll receive a Steam key with which you can start playing right away. In addition, you may leave a tip to further support us if you want.

You can also get the game on Steam itself, especially if you want the Deluxe Edition or Supporter Edition.

Feedback and Bugs Reports
Head over to our forums at http://battlebrothersgame.com/forums/forum/game-discussion/ to share your opinion, tell us of your ideas and experiences, and give us feedback.

It’s pretty much inevitable that once all of you play the game a pile of bugs and glitches will turn up that we never experienced before. We’ll do our very best to fix any issues in a timely manner, but we also need your help.

Please report any bugs at our forums at http://battlebrothersgame.com/forums/forum/bugreports/ and try to follow the guide in the sticky post.
Dev Blog
Twitter
Facebook

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 28, 2015, 02:13:53 am »

<3

Xanares

• Bay Watcher
  • Cut them all down!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #308 on: April 28, 2015, 04:36:44 am »

Supporter version acquired :) - hope that is the one that lands you the most shinies.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 28, 2015, 12:30:52 pm »

I like it so far...but jesus everything is so squishy...All my people, in full armor, are dying in 1 or 2 strikes (actual armor not just cloth) from almost every enemy. Makes the game EXTREMELLY hard. Not sure if weapons are too strong or armor is too weak but something feels a tad off...also feels like every archer I have met so far (just the standard bandits ones) are god damned Legolas lol...not uncommon for me to lose 2 people from archers each time I meet them
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 12:32:57 pm by dennislp3 »

Vortex Rikers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 28, 2015, 11:15:40 pm »

Extremely surprised and very interested in the game. Mount and Blade was definitely an inspiration for the strategic gameplay, I just hope they take advantage of what they have and make the world more.. malleable. Randomly generated worlds is excellent, but if new towns could spring up, or if orcish raiders could permanently burn down a settlement, that would make for some amazing gameplay.
And to be honest, I wouldn't mind more fantasy elements.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #311 on: April 30, 2015, 11:14:46 am »

Bought it without actually thinking about it. Oops!

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 30, 2015, 03:20:43 pm »

Bought it without actually thinking about it. Oops!

Same, but so far, I don't regret it at all.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 30, 2015, 05:48:22 pm »

Is there any way to speed up time? Sitting around waiting for my dudes to heal can take a while.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 30, 2015, 06:58:35 pm »

Is there any way to speed up time? Sitting around waiting for my dudes to heal can take a while.

Concur. Something to take from M&B Warband is the ability to speed up time on the overworld whenever you want. It's what made later playthroughs fun again, not having to wait a minute every time you move to another decently far city. Granted, that leaves the problem of running into enemies while you're fastforwarding, but you could implement an automatic return to normal speed upon spotting hostiles or something like that.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 98