Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RAW problems  (Read 592 times)

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
RAW problems
« on: February 28, 2014, 12:22:41 am »

Is there any way to search for duplicate raws?  Any sort of utility for that?

Also what counts as duplicate raws, is it two text files with the same content or multiple of the same tags within files?

Thanks you

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: RAW problems
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 12:47:15 am »

You have duplicate raws if and only if there are two objects of the same class (e.g two creatures) with the same ID (e.g two instances of CREATURE:TOAD).

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 11:31:46 am »

I don't know if there is a utility out there for finding accidental dupe raws (conflicting IDs as Putnam mentioned) I have a few personal utilities that I made that could be modified for this task. However Dwarf Fortresses errorlog handles this quite well already (errorlog.txt located in the same location as dwarf fortress.exe) so it would almost seem redunant to create a utility to do what Toady has done already. Also dupe raws just cancel themselves out, so just checking the errorlog will tell you what caused the problem. and In most cases it will even tell you the files they are in

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 01:01:16 pm »

If you open your raws up in Raw Explorer it will give you an error log list of duplicates and the locations they are found. Other than that I suppose I could modify some of my python utilities to check for duplicates, but like Hugo said, the game already does a good job checking for duplicates.

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 04:06:09 pm »

alright great.  figured there was an easy fix.  thanks guys