Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Succession Fortress: Willedabyss☼  (Read 26401 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork Succession Fortress: Willedabyss☼
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2014, 11:03:00 am »

Also, as per Danman's suggestions, I'm going to set researching of alchemy. I tried setting a research task in the first attempt at Spring, and it failed. All I could read out of all the options was "Research" the rest of it was off-screen. Doesn't matter, I'll figure it out or someone will tell me how to do it. Either way it'll get done.

Pascale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2014, 11:25:06 am »

Intriguing! I don't suppose I could be dorfed? Preferably female, name her Iridsif.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2014, 12:33:39 pm »

Also, as per Danman's suggestions, I'm going to set researching of alchemy. I tried setting a research task in the first attempt at Spring, and it failed. All I could read out of all the options was "Research" the rest of it was off-screen. Doesn't matter, I'll figure it out or someone will tell me how to do it. Either way it'll get done.
Could you post a picture of the reasearch promble for the rest of us, I never got around to reasearching... I think I didn't i can't really remember that much. Also I kinda think poisen making and appling is useless for melee weapon unless you squad set the dwarfs to carry that one weapon which I'm to lazy to, who ever is next if its posseble make lots of statues, fancy food and does the psycolgists do anything for tatrums?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2014, 01:42:38 pm »

The psychatrist is the one tantruming! Also, is a Changeling important?

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2014, 02:12:03 pm »

The psychatrist is the one tantruming! Also, is a Changeling important?
Hmm that is indeed a hard times, Yes you use them in megabeast cell reasearch to make new megabeasts till kill and earn rewards or souls which which are then used to boast all of the dwarfs military skills to 10.

Edit- other then that I don't think they do anything else.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2014, 02:19:47 pm »

That's too bad then, a tantruming Dwarf punched it to death.

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2014, 10:53:21 pm »

I'm inheriting a fortress that's going into a tantrum spiral AGAIN! *sigh* Well look like my turn will be a !FUN! one eh?
Poor Wasara. This fort really doesn't seem to like you too much. All the more reason to continue to help beat it into submission.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2014, 07:57:44 am »

Yeah. Probably so. Depends on whether I can manage the insanity before it gets too bad.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2014, 11:06:04 am »

Well it is the MASTER"S fort and you know how the master is, plus I would have kept at least the tatrum down If i ever got to the hole in the wall near the first hospital which allowed crossbow access causing legion recruit killing all the wounded dwarfs then haa but you know how dwarfs are.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2014, 11:47:29 am »

Well, it'll help you to know that I have succesfully patched the hole in the wall, moved most of the antpeople to the surface, ( so that they stop cancelling jobs and so I can sell them to elves for booze, our stocks of which are at critical levels and only exacerbating the tantrum spiral. Not to mention slowing the dwarves so that I can't get a hold of things so easy. ) built two drawbridges linked to the same lever on both of the main gates, and half-finished a lovely moat.

EDIT: Also, is it the Master's fault that nothing is organized? Because... I thought I was sloppy until I took over Willedabyss.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2014, 03:14:52 pm »

Well he did say let time pass him really fast. I did try to organize but with the flooding of the meeting hall and the constant nightwing, goblin ambush in the second year everything has kinda hard.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2014, 08:41:52 pm »

3rd Slate: A Lumberjack is throwing a tantrum.

5th Slate: Well damn. Rattlesnakes, tantrums and a stolen baby. Even worse, the most recent tantrum was that of the guy who was supposed to be digging a well. Ib Todorablel was kidnapped.
6th Slate: THe entire fort is devolving into mass tantruming... There's really not a damn thing I can do about it. I have nothing to make them happy that doesn't involve them working. Good job Mayor, starting a fist fight.

9th Slate: What's up with those Guild Representatives? Are they interrupting work for a reason?
10th Slate: Oh yea, and did I mention it's RAINING DWARF BLOOD AGAIN!?!?!?

18th Slate: Ingiz Stinstukos created two masterpieces. Also we have a Barghest problem. I've ordered the construction of some traps which should help alleviate this.
19th Slate: Luror Debtekkud, a Speardwarf, has been missing for a week and a Craftsdwarf, Stukos Merigosstam, has fell into a mood claimed a workshop.
20th Slate: Rakust Shusugrodem, Farmers Guild Dwarf Miner insomniac has been found dead. Luror Debtekkud has also been found dead.
21st Slate: Iton Nabidkumil, the Stark Raving Mad Furnace Operator has died of Thirst. Also, Disuth Sarveshtosid, the Peasant I made an Architect has decided to throw a tantrum and cancel the construction of the drawbridge.
24-25th Slate: In mid-tantrum, the Architect murdered a changling, I would punish him but I don't have any one else to do the work. Ah, screw it. AND ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE, IT'S RAINING DWARFBLOOD AGAIN. Also, nobody told me that we were at war with the ant people!
26th Slate: Some migrants have arrived! Hooray. Well, these guys can do all the work all the rest of the dwarves are too busy tantruming to do. Welcome to Willedabyss, the dumping ground for all of the universes' blood drains. I've scheduled Dismuth to be executed, he continually tantrums and does nothing but fist fights. Now that he's expendable, he's dead. I charged him with a cold case murder. I don't really think he did it, but we'll never know who actually did.
Not too bad, I've given the migrants a look-over and we've gained a Suturer, a Cook, a few Peasants, an Armorer, a Diagnoser, several others. About 27 dwarves, rough estimate.
1st Felsite: Zas Zamnuthsaram has died of thirst. Time to crank up booze production, I guess.
2nd Felsite: Today Tulon Nish gave birth to a baby boy in her sleep. Apparently, she was woken by her baby choking on the afterbirth. How pleasant.
3rd Felsite: And the festivities end with another rain of blood. It just struck me, that boy is going to grow up thinking that blood raining from the sky is perfectly normal.
4th Felsite: Our miner was knocked unconscious by a cave-in. Ironically, it caved-in below him and he's just fine.
12th Felsite: Bembul Osodustuth, Marksdwarf has been found dead. Presumed to have died in the line of duty.
13th Felsite: Well... apparently a child got interrupted in the task of reporting a crime. Interrupted by a tantrum. Haha, I can just picture it. "Man, F*** this! We don't need no stinkin' police! I'll just throw a tantrum and take care of it myself."
23rd Felsite: Many tantrums, many injuries. No dwarven insanity. Where is the hospital? I'd like to find out where all these dwarves are going when they get hurt.
24th Felsite: Oh look! The elven caravan. Let's trade all these ant people for booze. I'm thirsty.
25th Felsite: Stukos Merigosstam, the sergeant who claimed a Craftsshop finished his construction: Manthul, a wooden figurine of Bekxob Blanketedcombats. I... I'm feeling an overwhelming sadness. And unproductivity. I try focusing in on the overwhelming pit of sorrow and find it focuses around a dwarf. It's Disuth Sarveshtosid! There's a look of pure misery on her face that I haven't seen in years. She surely has been struck by the melancholy! This... is the same dwarf that I convicted of murder to stop her from starting fist-fights. I... I feel like such a bastard. No, no Disuth... think about your boyfriend.

In Memoriam: A Living Obituary:
"She has a thin body with almost no fat on it. Her straight hair is extremely long. She has high cheekbones. Her tall small-lobed ears are extraordinarily broad. Her somewhat narrow eyes are slightly wide-set. Her ears are somewhat splayed out. Her eyebrows are somewhat high. Her hair is saffron. Her skin is copper. Her eyes are raw umber. Her nose is slightly upturned.
She is incredibly quick to heal and incredibly tough, but she is weak and quite susceptible to disease.
Disuth Sarveshtosid likes greenware, ironbone, star sapphire, onzuivoo horn, teh color saffron, throwing spears, figurines and leatherwing bats for their chittering squeeks. When possible, she prefers to consume brontothere, horse cheese, swamp whiskey and dwarven sugar. She absolutely detests bloodflies.
She has very good focus and a great feel for the surrounding space, but she has very bad intuition, a poor memory and poor creativity.
She is very friendly. She is candid and sincere in dealings with others. She finds helping others rewarding. She needs alcohol to get through the working day and is starting to work slowly due to its scarcity.

The miasma is rising from the dead things in the caverns. The tantrum spiral is spreading and gaining speed and now I feel awful because of the Melancholy Dwarf.

26th Felsite: The construction of the moat is coming along nicely. There's now a pleasant amount of blue to contrast with all the blood-spatter, guts, and vomit. Well, I mean the vomit's pretty nice, cos it adds the green that's lacking everywhere else in this Armok-blasted fortress. I've got the dwarves hauling ant-people to the trading depot and a few gems as well. I'd like to take a moment to peruse the wares the elves brought with them. Gotta wait for the broker to get there first.
27th Felsite: It's raining dwarf blood again. I can feel the morale dropping. Heck, if this happens this often every year we might as well make an official T-shirt for it! I can just picture it: "Dwarf Blood happens." We could even use the dwarf blood as dye to give the shirts that real authenticity that makes things sell so well.
27th Felsite Evening: Oh great! Onul Thirasob went Beserk. I figure it was only a matter of time, still it's unpleasant to see. Better have him put down, then buried. I've heard of some dwarves coming back as murderous ghosts.
28th Felsite: Metalsmith throws tantrum. Metalsmith took the trade goods and HE THREW THEM ON THE GROUND! I dunno, I feel like I should report these tantrums, but they're getting kinda boring.
(( Bad news Danman, you just went Stark Raving Mad! ))
1st Hematite: Well, Summer comes and with the shift in season, all sanity has snapped. We officially have a Sampler box of all known dwarven insanities as Danmanthedog went Stark Raving Mad today. But wait! It gets better! Apparently, my body is stupid without me as it sustained some idiotic injury and is now resting in the unlocatable hospital. Seriously! How is it that I am in the hospital, yet can't find the hospital? Oh yea, an axedwarf came back as a ghost. And this is certainly the day that just won't end. Ezum Tetthushsakzul, Axedwarf was interupted in his attempt to rest injuries. Which brings to mind an important question: Why do we have rattlesnakes in the hospital? There is some good news, if you can call it that, the berserking child has been struck down. Uh... I had a bunch of coffins made earlier for the looney mayor, so I'll see about laying some of these dwarves to rest there. First though, to try and get the hospital into something that looks like order. Oh! I get it! The reason why I can't find the hospital is because there is no hospital. Well, that's something I can fix.
2nd Hematite: A snatcher. I'm almost kind of rooting for him. Less mouths to feed, less dwarves to go berserk, less corpses to bury. I... I suppose I have to deal with it though. I mean, if they were my kids being snatched I would expect someone to help.
(( OOC: By the by, I finally figured out why all my dwarves would never inter their fallen comrades properly. Apparently, one has to designate coffins for burial. I wasn't aware. Thanks Willedabyss, you have made me a smarter man! :D Also, in a fit of irony "O Rosto De Um Assassino" - lit. "The Face of a Killer" just came on my music playlist. Hooray for appropriate timing! :D Muahahahah! ))
4th-ish Hematite: Trading in motion. Sunshine!? They. have. SUNSHINE! I hope they're happy parting with it. Also, I should sheck and see if they have Sun berries. I should like to start producing our own Sunshine. CRAP. The cages are made of wood. FRIGGIN' ELVES. Screw it. Since we're probably gonna have a siege, let's just rob them blind.
I have bad news and I have bad news. 80 out of 90 dwarves are resting in the imaginary hospital. The construction of the real one was suspended due to mass-injury. Those uninjured are busy mixing the elven blood with the dwarf blood. Which can only lead to a counterattack next spring. * sighs * It's not easy being king.

Summary of the current madness:
-Nearly all the dwarves are injured.
-Danman is Starkraving mad.
-We've had about 5-8 casualties.
-BLOOD. EVERYWHERE. BLOOD.
-All our booze is underwater
-The moat isn't finished. I am disappointed.
-The windmill garden-hose is broken.
-2 elves are dead.
-There's mysterious troglodyte ambushes down below.
-Miasma clouds are wafting upward from the caverns.
-Almost every single dwarf is unhappy.
-Tantrums are now so common, I don't bother reporting them any more.

All for want of a happy brewer and some metal cages.
(( OOC: I'm taking a break for a day or two, resuming on Monday. We shall see how well I do at salvaging the mess that we made. Admittedly, it was mostly my fault for not setting up a better alcohol industry with its own barrel, plant, and booze stockpiles in its own building. Ironically, I think I'm going to kill most of our dwarves setting up the defenses! :D Believe me... I am trying for minimum casualties. Also, I'm so, so sorry Wasara. And in case anyone's wondering why I haven't posted screenshots, let's show you what Linux does to screenshots. ))

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2014, 08:44:25 pm »

Screenshot fail:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2014, 02:43:32 pm »

So, should I try and salvage the situation or should we just end this here?
Poor Wasara. This fort really doesn't seem to like you too much. All the more reason to continue to help beat it into submission.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2014, 02:48:31 pm »

My turn's not even over yet! And besides, never give up until the clowns come. Losing is fun!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19