Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I cheat and change a reaction so we can make an anvil and thus turn moods back on?

Nah, we can do without inane items, even if it'd be amusing to see you rage over amulets.
- 7 (24.1%)
Sure, seems a little wanting without chaos/Emprah driven inspiration poping up out of nowhere.
- 22 (75.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Angel Abbey, an Underhive Community Settlement! [Deader than dead, save lost]  (Read 23721 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Abbey, an Underhive Mod Community Fortress, looking for founders!
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2014, 04:57:03 pm »

Xavier Walsh it is!

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 08:38:13 pm »

Ah yes, that zombie plague.

Worrying, but not as worrying as the http://falloutequestria.wikia.com/wiki/Raider_Disease_%28Project_Horizons%29

First time I saw that, I thought 'It's as if Nurgle and Khorne put aside their differences and asked "How can we really screw with people?'
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2014, 09:26:45 pm »

Huh. Guess not all raiders just go nuts from the madness of the wastes then.

Working on another update, should have it out tonight unless I decide to binge on Tiberium Wars again.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2014, 04:27:24 am »

-After picking over some stuff and gathering your crew, you finally resume playing the logs. They seem interested, more or less, and you're glad for that. After a few question, most you can't answer, you hit play on the first dataslate.-

::25th Ollanius, 127::
>DISPLAY LOG::PLAY::

I'd been fiddling with the busted autoguns we have, seeing if I could get at least one semi-functional. No dice. And I caught Jensen and Walsh drinking out of the river. I yelled at them to stop and they asked why. Why? Well because that water's polluted which they should already know, and brimming with jellies! I told them if they absolutely have to use unpurified water then they should just use the damned ponds. Might be stagnant but the risk of death is a million times lower.

I asked why they even bothered with the river to start with and they told me, and quite bluntly at that, that we had no purified water. Or barrels. Evidently Walsh had been throwing them off the truck as we moved along as they were emptied, saying something about cats might try to hide in them.

What the hell is a cat? Don't get me wrong, the urge to beat the man senseless is immense, but I am legitimately confused as to what a cat is.

::10th Rogal, 127::

The jellies have gone, probably washed away by the river. Thank the Emperor and Saint Cella for that. I don't have a whole hell of a lot to do out here right now, except constantly keep the ash-falls from getting in our food. What little we have anyway. Barkov and Darama say they should be done with a place to build our water purifier by the end of the week and they'll be starting on a place to eat and drink after that.

Not much else for some of us to do right now, 'cept for watching the croak hounds fight over that ripperjack's semi-putrid remains. Some must be edible of it if they're gonna go kicking eachother in the face over it.

::9th Lionel, 127::

<Knocking sound,> Ah, there we go! Thought you went and burned out on me little guy! Well, we have some space dug out out. It isn't exactly pretty or anything, but it's safe enough. Seems to be constant ashfalls here we didn't run into on the road. Must've decided to build this place under a damned manufactorum in the southeastern part of the hive by mistake. And a damned big one considering the low thumping we can hear at the hilltop. Hope that place doesn't decided to come crashing down here in the near future.

::16th Lionel, 127::

Darama got attacked by that stupid ripperjack close to three months ago and she's still all bent out of shape about it. Combined with being out in the ashfalls and “nowhere to sleep” - When she's been sleeping quite soundly in the wagon as of this recording – She's become quite the grumpy little shit. The fact she and D'Shannon seem about ready to kill eachother isn't helping. What the hell did one of them do to the other?

Anyway, I've started spreading out bittermoss cuttings near the entrance. We're low on meat and while bittermoss isn't exactly tastey or all that efficent in terms of feeding a bunch of folks, it'll keep us alive until we can get one of the grox carved up and I can ferret away the dead vermin the dogs keep bringing to us. Rats make good eatin' down here.

::1st Macharius, 127::

Summer has arrived on the calander.

Been three whole months since we decided to put down roots here. Barkov's sifting through some junk right now, seeing what he can find of any use. Autogun bits, working torches, functioning servo motors, those sorts of things. Because we're all busy, That weirdo Walsh has decided to start making big storage drums from rock of all things. Heavy as all hell, but they do the job I guess. We gotta get that carbon waste processed though so we can make some damned bottles. Walsh tried to make some outta rock, but couldn't get them to be light enough to be worth using. He's a good enough sort though, but.... Well, he doesn't seem quite right in the head to be frank.

I wonder if this thing has a drawing function...

::10th Macharius, 127::

Well, we're officially out of food. None of us really knows what we're doing on the butchery front so D'Shannon is gonna try her best to slaughter one of the grox bulls. We also got something approaching a firearms assembly up and running. Jensen's taking the broken autoguns and breaking them down for parts. Speaking of which, we got a still serviceable pistol frame and some kind of manuscript in the salvage. Looks like an old “Principles of Chemistry” manuscript; might be able to make copies and sell them if traders happen upon us.

::18th Macharius, 127::

Travelers blundered into us this morning. Still no food because D'Shannon decided she needed a break from doing nothing but sitting on her ass since we can't make any weapons or bottles yet. Travelers consisted of a small family,  Dana and Ivan Lowe and their two boys, real little 'uns named Kaspax and Aldir. Ivan knows how to hold his own with a good work hammer or sledge and has a bit of a knack for working with plants and fungi so he'll be useful to us. His wife and boys less so. Dana we can have do something else, the juves though, they're too young and we're already low on supplies at best and those greedy little bastards will gobble up what we do produce before productive settlers can even hear there was food. May need a way to covertly get rid of the little blighters so they don't strain our resources.

There's also a married couple, a budding chef of nineteen years by the name of Luthor Dex and his wife Glacia. Glacia will be an asset since she used to work for a low ranking guilder. Luthor also has some passing skill with fighting bare-handed and Glacia's a competent shot with pistols. Doesn't matter if they're stub or auto.

Suppose the adults are proving they're useful. Went right to work getting food set up, but I suspect the Lowes are only so hasty for their juves. Both of the little shits are scrawny and they say they've been lost down here for a while. Ratskin guide got offed by some Delaque sniper that they only got because the idiot was in some rickety old tower, according to Luthor.

I had to slayrace the jellies, I will say that right now. Otherwise we would have died of dehydration. Everyone ignored my pond designate and made a mad run for the damned stream and kept getting interrupted by the jellies. The job cancel spam alone was infuriating and we can't afford to lose people until the first wave of migrants at the earliest. Just don't have bodies to waste on stupid shit like that.

Especially since we're really low on food.

Anyways, I think updates for this place will be relatively short and semi-frequent. Sorry about the lack of pics or anything in this one, but we sort-of have something approaching industry now.

dshannon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2014, 04:53:58 am »

D'Shannon decided she needed a break from doing nothing but sitting on her ass

I can only be so proud of the irony
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 04:59:03 am by dshannon »

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2014, 06:13:27 am »

I can only imagine Vereshyyn getting in a shit because she thinks she's doing all the mining while D'Shannon absent-mindedly swings her pick at some pebbles. As for having 'nowhere to sleep'... Kinda ironic that I named her (almost literally) "Decent Dream", now that I think about it.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2014, 07:37:15 am »

::18th Macharius, 127::

"All I have to do now is hook up the power annnnd... YES!!! And those bastards in the Adeptus Mechanicus kicked me out because they thought I couldn't understand the machine spirit. Shows what those mostly tin pricks know.

Well, since I managed to fix you up and get you working I guess you're mine now. For anyone listening to this my name is Artyom Barkov and I'm currently the only one in our newly dug home that has any real knowledge of machines and how to get them to work. I also mine...

A couple of months back a ripperjack jumped me while I was... you know, I honestly can't remember why I was doing it at the time, but I was digging up what I thought at the time might have been decent salvage. Foolish move on my part, should have been more focused on setting us up somewhere secure to hole up before worrying about profit. Bruised my legs and left a nasty gash on my head and the bloody little shit refused to die until the last of its blood drained away but I'm still alive. I admit I've been praying to the Saints and the Emperor that it doesn't get infected down here because the only 'medicine' we've got on hand at the moment is to fire a few rounds into my head. I've always been slow to heal, so I guess I'll just have to be careful and keep praying...

A family showed up out of the ash rains today. Two married couples, one of whom brought their two kids with them that got lost down here some time ago. While having more people who can handle different jobs is a good thing, my understanding is that we either have no food, or so little of it that it doesn't really make a difference. D'Shannon is getting some flak because she's meant to be killing one of our Grox bulls and she is to lazy to do it. Nothing wrong with taking a break every now and then when you have nothing to do, but when you've got a job to do that's meant to keep us all from slowing dying, you fucking do it promptly.

It looks like we'll be getting some firearms produced in the near future. Hopefully it'll mean we don't have to get mauled by fucking ripperjacks anymore. 

EDIT: OOC'ly, how is Artyom healing? Also, has his lover arrived at the Fortress yet or is she still back wherever she is?

EDIT EDIT: Also, I think we would all like to get to know the 'Saints' all of our people are currently worshiping a little better.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 07:39:09 am by Senshuken »
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2014, 03:24:25 pm »

I can only imagine Vereshyyn getting in a shit because she thinks she's doing all the mining while D'Shannon absent-mindedly swings her pick at some pebbles. As for having 'nowhere to sleep'... Kinda ironic that I named her (almost literally) "Decent Dream", now that I think about it.
D'Shannon isn't even a miner. She's our weaponsmith and brewer/herbalist and due to having no bottles to stick the purified water in between getting it and storing it, or anything in the plants category to really forage due to how plants work in this mod she had nothing to do> And then when she finally has something to do, On Break.

@Senshuken: Artyom has shit healing "Very slow to heal" but the rest of his physical stats are either good ("Indefatigable")  or average.

EDIT: Of course the saints are just standing in for deities, but are otherwise brave souls who martyred themselves for the Emperor and his other faithful subjects, likely in such a spectacular or ballsy manner the Ecclisiarchy couldn't help but do their best to make sure they get remembered, such as Ollanius Pious, who Granite was renamed after in the mod. Guardsman accidentally dragged into a fight aboard Horus's ship, manages to keep up with the emperor and not die until Horus whacked him. The kicker? He died keeping the guy busy long enough for help to arrive and the Emperor to deal the death blow on Horus. Granted he basically got turned inside out but goddamn, that's one hell of a squishy guardsman to pull any of that off.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Abbey, an Underhive Mod Community Fortress, now in progress!
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2014, 05:56:08 pm »

Nice to see you making another fort (bunker?camp?cove?) And the intro was realy good (I read it all in narator's from 40k voice). I'll want a hiver, name's Svajoklis, for profesion give me the one that uses reclaimator shop, and if possible enroll me into millitia and give me the biggest non-automatic gun you have.

Spoiler: Backstory (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2014, 06:28:18 pm »

You'll want a shotgun then. Stub pistols are fine, but they don't come in rifles in the mod and lack much punch to begin with. Autoguns/pistols are... Well, automatic in the spray and pray sense.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2014, 06:56:15 pm »

Thought that mod might have sniper rifles or cannons of some sort, since I like either long range or mele range fights over medium range but shotgun would be great. Shotguns are the mele weapon of gun age, and therefore awesome. They are also awesome becouse they are work like blowing up a bomb in a tube with one end closed off. And to make it clear (in case it wasn't ) give me a guy from next migrant wave.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2014, 08:49:18 pm »

D'Shannon isn't even a miner.

Huh. I must have misread that.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2014, 09:00:59 pm »

Thought that mod might have sniper rifles or cannons of some sort, since I like either long range or mele range fights over medium range but shotgun would be great. Shotguns are the mele weapon of gun age, and therefore awesome. They are also awesome becouse they are work like blowing up a bomb in a tube with one end closed off. And to make it clear (in case it wasn't ) give me a guy from next migrant wave.

Shotgun it is! And there aren't sniper rifles in the mod though I'm sure they're present in the game and fluff proper. However much of the fighting in the underhive is only around assault rifle range at most anyway, as will be much of the fighting here. No cannons per se either, but there are Heavy MG and Flamer Emplacements available once we have the parts to make them (the operator turns into a gunner creature and unleashes bullet hell or fire on everything it sees that isn't friendly, burns through the reagent ammo awfully quick though.)

@Lolfail: No biggy, we all derp when reading sometimes. For reference your mining buddy is Artyom, our resident head tech.

@Senshuken: Artyom has a lover in fort, our unclaimed founder and woodworker. As she's unclaimed you can name her if you like.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2014, 09:47:16 pm »

::19th Celestine, 127::

Snowing ash again, leaving everyone more than a little irritated, and the water is starting to get a little ehhh... Unsafe. Moreso than normal anyway. At least for the time being we aren't going to starve, but if some moss doesn't hurry the hell up and finish creeping along the ground to where we can use it we will. I also told the others to hell with a breaker station. We don't have the manpower to spare for that and can't make any respirators right now so well process waste as is until we can or need to... “remove” anyone who proves to be a drain on resources in a productive manner. Barkov also told me some distressing news. He broke down all the autoguns and while there were parts aplenty, most of it was useable barrels and receivers. There were barely enough serviceable parts between the eight of them to make one functioning autogun. What we really need now are recoil springs and ammo...

::24th Celestine, 127::

Luthor got what he calls a kitchen up and running. Looks more like a sloppy mix of a tannery and an oven with a cauldron Walsh made out of rock next to it. I still don't understand how he's able to make stuff out of this rubble... Anyway, with all the rats and roaches the dogs bring in we'll survive, and soon we'll have some actual purified water to call on. Might not be the most... Pleasant of ways to live, but hey, we've all been worse I'm sure. The Lowe's Juves seemed ecstatic to get some food, even if it was bits of rat and bug.

::17th Keeler, 127. AM 9:48::

I was checking out the other fuctions of these dataslates and a handful must've been intended for use by the enforcers or PDF. Got some kind of radar thing in them. Got people and grox on the east edge of the area, ratskins most likely. No trucks or carts, traveling light. Barkov managed to find some useable odds and ends in the scrap so we may manage to get some supplies from them, maybe even some ammo! Doubt it though. Even these civil ratskins aren't too fond of using foreign made gear except for scopes and monoculars. Prefer their own guns and blades.

Barkov also found something interesting. He always struck me as a bit of a gearhead but he showed us something he found locked in an old courier's case: An exceptionally well preserved manual on Mechanicus rituals!

He must be a tin-head himself, or once one anyway, to be able to understand any of it or even identify it. Not sure exactly though since he doesn't have much in the way of bionics, if he has any at all. Must've been drummed out of the local group for using rechargeable batteries in a laser pointer or something. Still a neat find! House Delaque would kill to get their hands on these to parlay with the local Mechanicus adepts or House Van Saar for equipment. Anyway, Glacia is heading up now. Looks like the ratskins brought a couple drums of water!

::17th Keeler, 127. PM 1:13::

Glacia managed to get what was affordable, and a little extra! Had a small bit of dried prawns and jellies, some drums of water like I thought, and a loaded box of autopistol rounds! Hell of a windfall thanks to the junk we got. And I'm glad we have Artyom to check through that stuff.

But there's a feral grox roaming around, one of our new pups came in with its tail between its legs. Artyom and Verashyyn are the only ones with any real hope of taking that grox down. The drills should punch right through that big bastard's hide, and given the temper those things are known for even when they're domestic-raised, it may be a risk we'll have to take if it comes near the entrance.

Ok, so here's another quicky! Got a little trade done, a couple litters of pups were born, vermin remains sort-of stablized our food situation, and we should have some bottles ready before the end of the year and finally have some clean drinking water instead of the polluted mess of a stream out front. We also finally got a working autogun but as it stand we have no ammo,. And pistol rounds but no auto pistol to fire them. Artyom and Verashyyn may need to fight a wild grox in the near future though; those things are big, mean, and prone to rage and may well come right for us for being in its field of veiw. It'll be risky and Artyom is currently very important to the settlement as our technician and losing him will be a pretty severe blow if things go south.

I know it's a bit sparse, but I can only milk so much out of this place in a few months since we're at low population and no exported wealth. Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this little bit of progress!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2014, 10:27:39 pm »

Well, time to write an obituary for Vereshyyn and think of new character names. Just in case.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10