Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Let's create a setting.  (Read 24811 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Let's create a setting.
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2014, 05:11:13 am »

Except I said earlier than the world is indeed spherical, as proven by sailors, and that the "hemispherical world" view is flat-earth level conspiracy nut.

The lack of moon always had been canon, though there is like half a dozen sleeping giants orbiting the sun.

What about the Oblivion, then? Damn, we need a recap.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2014, 05:41:38 am »

The oblivion is located outside of the sphere, hence why the dwarves map the deeps, lest they dig too deep and fall into Oblivion.
I have some free time today, I'll try to make a recap up to this point. Posting will happens 7-8 hours from now, for technical reasons.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 05:43:24 am by kaian-a-coel »
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2014, 06:05:40 am »

Quote from: kaian-a-coel link=topic=136726.msg5047160#msg5047160
Some people still cling to the outdatted belief that the world is bowl-shapped and carried on the back of the creature, but are generally seen as nuts and fools, for the world is indeed spherical and would probably roll away if carried on the creature's back.
I stand corrected.
Apologies

Is difficult to check all posts accurately whilst away from the computer.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 06:09:07 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2014, 03:02:30 pm »

Warning: massive notepad dump. May or may not sort out later.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2014, 03:42:05 pm »

Of course, Orichulum can has various levels of "quality" depending on the souls contained. Prolonged exposure to high-grade orichulum by weaker-willed or un-adapted sentenient beings will eventually result in said being merging with the orichulum and becoming a monster seeking only to destroy. However, stories say that if the orichulum contains pure souls and is wielded by one with pure intentions, the resulting creature will be pure as well.

It should be noted that, as the above is common knowledge and high-grade orichulum is rather rare, this is not a common phenomenom. Most of the time, the only result is an increased chance of Alzheimer's disease or hearing impairment.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 03:47:34 pm by aattss »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2014, 06:28:46 pm »

((Note that I said the Elven KING would be dragged under, not all elves are pulled in by the dead. I see the dead souls as rather dormant until things start to go to hell))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2014, 06:31:49 pm »

((Has anything been said yet on an sort of magic system or how much it's used?))
It's FEF, not FEOF

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2014, 07:34:08 pm »

((Has anything been said yet on an sort of magic system or how much it's used?))

((There was a post about how different people could use a weapon with different magical effects. Other than that, not really. Do whatever you want, as long as you're careful about trying to tell everyone else that everything magical has to follow a certain system.))

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2014, 07:38:00 pm »

((Yay!))

Of course, Orichulum can has various levels of "quality" depending on the souls contained. Prolonged exposure to high-grade orichulum by weaker-willed or un-adapted sentenient beings will eventually result in said being merging with the orichulum and becoming a monster seeking only to destroy. However, stories say that if the orichulum contains pure souls and is wielded by one with pure intentions, the resulting creature will be pure as well.

It should be noted that, as the above is common knowledge and high-grade orichulum is rather rare, this is not a common phenomenom. Most of the time, the only result is an increased chance of Alzheimer's disease or hearing impairment.
Through careful studying of this process, some wizards have discovered how to use high-grade orichalcum to create entirely new creatures from raw material. These creatures bodies and minds will reflect the souls that were stored in the orichalcum used to create them, and are much more controllable than the ones created as a result of fusion.
It's FEF, not FEOF

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2014, 08:15:03 pm »

There was once a wizard who attempted to harness the souls of the dead using a miscolored, and very powerful orichalcum. However, the power drove him to madness, and he created a creature out of his own flesh and bone, that stalked the skies for many years, flying on wings formed of his own flayed skin. Though he controlled himself, he was known to be unpredictable. One day burn a village, another, rape a woman; whatever he did, he got away with it for all fled before his grotesque look. He did battle with many heroes, whom he fell. In the days of the Half-Breed's youth, he fought the abomination, and though the half breed lost, he made it out alive, wounding the monster by stabbing him in under the ribcage to the right. A never healing mark appeared there since then, but the monster was hardly seen after that. Some say the monster was taken in by the elven king as a pact of vengeance against the half-breed. Others say the beast stalks the night only, where he is a creature of the night. And the maddest claim to have seen him, finally at full magic mastery where he can alter his flesh and bone to look normal for a time. All know the flesh demon by the name Karcufh, flesh beast.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2014, 08:37:49 pm »

((Yay!))

Through careful studying of this process, some wizards have discovered how to use high-grade orichalcum to create entirely new creatures from raw material. These creatures bodies and minds will reflect the souls that were stored in the orichalcum used to create them, and are much more controllable than the ones created as a result of fusion.
The process is taken by believers as an "Imperfect Rebirth," and they believe that true rebirth will follow once the construct has worn out and collapsed.

(Fridge logic: since only the strong souls make it to the underground, doesn't that set a minimum quality of Orichalcum?)

Some believe that the outward force of the Sun would push the world apart in an infinite explosion if it were not for the veins of Orichalcum criss-crossing the rocky shell, and the roots of the Gretree.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2014, 08:57:40 pm »

I might write a few chapters of a novel using this setting. If I like writing about it, and you guys like it, I'll make it a full thing.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2014, 11:38:01 pm »

"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2014, 11:43:56 pm »

It seems weird that the Mould would speak to each other, or have separate nations, since they all share a hive-mind. Since they can hardly be individuals, a Mould might not make the best POV character, at least not for traditional characterization. And I don't know why they'd hate the dwarves so much, they seem pretty similar in values.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2014, 12:11:28 am »

In writing terms, I think it could be better if there was more on what Selko was thinking if he's suppose to be the point of view character. Exposit a bit more so we know him and the things he encounters better?
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12