Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Legends Mode after start?  (Read 4753 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Mode after start?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 01:41:55 pm »

Sure, but once you start copying save folders you're moving into cheating territory. Toady won't make that impossible, cheating is fine in a single player game, but he won't officially endorse it either.

It's your generated world. Do what you want. Raws are open to modifying. Do what you want. The saves are yours to copy/delete/share. You might destroy your save in ways you did not expect and that's your fault not Tarn's. So no, he's not going to encourage such actions.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 02:37:04 am »

Legends Viewer would still show the vampire, but it shows their origional name I think, not their assumed name.

There are ways to spot a vampire without diving into legends anyhow.
if a migrant is NOT in Legends, then does that mean he/she is an assumed name?

Not always. There are still migrants generated from thin air. It happens when there is not historical figures left to migrate, I guess.

I always extract XML and other relevant things from the legends before first embark. Then I can easily use Legends Viewer when I'm playing.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 02:02:31 pm »

Also in the next version we should be able to abandon and reclaim running forts. It means it will be perfectly fine to abandon the fort, check the history and then reclaim it. Unless there are new bugs related to that (but they will be fixed, eventually).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 05:46:07 pm »

Also in the next version we should be able to abandon and reclaim running forts. It means it will be perfectly fine to abandon the fort, check the history and then reclaim it. Unless there are new bugs related to that (but they will be fixed, eventually).

It's called retiring the fort I believe, outright abandoning is for when all hope is lost.
Pages: 1 [2]