Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Argos - Turn 6: Rescue mission is a go (2d6 Sci-fi RtD)  (Read 6956 times)

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Argos - Turn 5: Manual control engaged. (2d6 Sci-fi RtD)
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2014, 02:47:16 am »

((If we get a volunteer or two to help the others inside then I'll write the next update, just want to make sure there's a consensus.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2014, 04:48:43 pm »

"Hey ,guys, not to rush you or anything...but I'm pretty sure those two are actually dying in there. Might wanna hurry up a bit"

Spoiler: plan (click to show/hide)

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2014, 08:10:09 am »

"sounds like a plan to me."

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2014, 08:12:51 pm »

((So close to my time to join, I can taste it... only need one of those two to go down, correct?))
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Nunzillor

« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2014, 11:09:02 am »

It looks like no one actually wants to help them... 

How amusing!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2014, 11:21:02 am »

GreatWyrmGold wants to help them. Angel is still a bit on the terrified side.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2014, 12:28:42 am »

It looks like no one actually wants to help them... 

How amusing!

((Haha, yeah. I'm just waiting for someone to give the action. If no one wants to, well, we can leave them.))

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2014, 01:55:06 am »

((Please don't leave us.))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2014, 07:05:23 am »

((Well, seeing as everyone else is either not playing anymore or simply doesn't want to help, I guess it's up to Bert and Matt to get rescueing. ))

"Right, Matt. Looks like it's just you and me, buddy. Get ready to haul them in here."

Execute the rescue plan!

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2014, 08:16:30 am »

Also execute rescue plan! While keeping an eye out for potential dangers.

EDIT: Grammar and/or spelling
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 01:34:09 pm by dewboy »

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2014, 08:53:11 am »

Wait for rescue plan to finish!

((AKA: Wait in my seat with internals on.))

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2014, 09:47:32 pm »

Argos: Turn 6
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Felicia, still dizzy and lightheaded, stumbles her way toward the escape shuttle. Her vision darkens and she can feel her consciousness slipping. She manages to make it to the escape shuttle's hatch and fruitlessly beats her fist against it, trying to send a message to her comrades on the other side, her only hope of survival...

Onfa had long since fallen to the ground, her eyes struggling to stay open. She'd begun hyperventilating from the combined lack of oxygen and extreme panic she was experiencing. Unable to hold on any longer, her consciousness fades and her breathing slows. Not dead yet, but it wouldn't be much longer now.

Bert and Matt, on the other side of the hatch, quickly formulated a plan between the two of them. Bert, with his knowledge of the shuttle's systems, recognized that he could match the shuttle's pressure to the exterior pressure and open the hatch without any sort explosive decompression. The people inside the shuttle would need to don their internals lest they risk asphyxiation, but that wouldn't be a problem. Talking it over with the rest of the group, they agreed to the rescue operation. Tactius gave a nod of approval, though refrained from volunteering to leave the shuttle. Bert decided he'd man the shuttle's systems should anything go wrong, and Matt offered to head outside and rescue their comrades.

"Masks on, everyone?" Bert asks. Everyone slips their internals on, twists a valve on their oxygen tanks, and takes a deep breath. "I'm depressurizing the shuttle now," he says, gliding his finger over the console with only a hint of anxiety. He confirms his command.

The change is gradual -- aside from a barely-audible "psssht", it seems as though nothing's changed at first. Then their ears start to ache. The pain continues and gets worse for several minutes, until they're all in practical agony. A green light flickers to life on the escape shuttle hatch, denoting pressure equilibrium with whatever's on the other side. The hatch unlocks. Matt, still in pain, looks across the shuttle once more before heading out. He takes a deep breath and opens the hatch. On the other side, Felicia is leaning against the walls, barely conscious. Matt helps her in and once inside, Angel passes her a spare set of internals from the equipment locker. She breathes in the oxygen-rich air mix and immediately her mind sharpens again. Her attention is drawn to her broken left arm, and she grips it strongly to take her mind away from the pain.

Matt ducks out of the shuttle once more, searching for Onfa. He spots her, sprawled across the floor -- he can't tell if she's breathing or not. Struggling to lift her up, he moves her into the shuttle with the rest, then closes the hatch.
"We can repressurize when you're ready, Matt," he says, and Bert restores the shuttle's pressure to a comfortable 100kPa. The hatch automatically locks once more. "Should be safe to remove your internals now," Bert declares, and everyone obeys.

They'd placed Onfa on the shuttle's floor and confirmed that she was, in fact, breathing. Matt shakes her a few times, and her eyes open.
"You're okay now," he says, and she sits up.

Angel had set aside the last two backpacks and pistols for Felicia and Onfa, which they accepted graciously. She noticed there were a few other pieces of equipment stowed away inside the locker -- what looked like a headset of some kind, to facilitate communication. She passed one out to everyone in the shuttle while the group considered their next action.

Spoiler: Bert Rogers (Pancaek) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Matt Ross (dewboy) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Location (click to show/hide)

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Argos - Turn 6: Rescue mission is a go (2d6 Sci-fi RtD)
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2014, 06:46:47 am »

"Well, lets get outta here"
Buckle in and once again hold on for the ride.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2014, 07:57:42 am »

"Whew. That went rather well. So, all in favor for blasting off to this green dot on the map?"

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2014, 07:59:47 am »

Look for something to doing my arm with.

"Thank you got your help. I'd be more than happy to get out of here."
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7