Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Argos - Turn 6: Rescue mission is a go (2d6 Sci-fi RtD)  (Read 6960 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Argos - Turn 4: Explosive decompression. (2d6 Sci-fi RtD)
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2014, 07:08:10 pm »

Bert looks up when he hears this and looks at Tactius
"Yes, hi, I'm Bert. I was in the pilot's seat from before you entered the shuttle. I guess one could take that as 'stepping forward.' Do feel free to fiddle around with the console, just try not to launch before everyone's on board."

Tactius nods, "Excellent! I'm glad to see you step forward and volunteer for this important job."

Nunzillor

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2014, 01:08:06 am »

Hmm sounds like the computer has natural language processing.  Just an observation: you guys might be able to ask the computer stuff instead of fiddling with the consoles.

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2014, 11:45:26 am »

Argos: Turn 5
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Felicia grips her broken arm, still wincing from the pain, but quickly realizes the severity of her present situation. Rotating dizzyingly fast in a pitch black room in zero-g with barely any air, she's already starting to feel light-headed. I need to get back to the maintenance room, she thinks. Maneuvering in microgravity takes some getting used to, but she understands the need to push off of something if she wants to propel herself anywhere. The support she crashed into is still barely within reach, so she grasps it and propels herself toward the narrow opening on the other side of the room. Miraculously, her aim is perfect and seconds later she tumbles through the maintenance room door and crashes to the ground, once more under the sway of gravity. She stands up, still light headed from the lack of air, and looks around, planning her next action.

Onfa's already dizzy from the low concentration of oxygen in the air. The more she breathes the worse it gets. She tries to make haste toward the engineering escape shuttle, and somehow manages to stumble there. She beats on the airlock leading to the hall with the shuttle and the others. Vents to either side of the airlock slide open and equalize the pressure between the two rooms in a slow, controlled manner. Onfa enters the hallway, barely manages to ambulate to the closed shuttle entrance before realizing it's locked. There's nothing she can do from here -- one of the people on the inside will have to unlock the door and let her in, risking their perfectly pressurized environment in the process.

Angel, less than a meter from Onfa but on the other side of the door, is idly looking through the lockers for a spacesuit of some sort. The shuttle is equipped with breathing apparatuses and ample air supplies, but nothing really suitable for long-term exposure to vacuum or EVA. She grabs a breathing mask and a small oxygen tank, clipping them onto a holster, then fastening it around her waist.

Bert grabs a breathing mask and oxygen tank, also clipping them onto his belt/holster, then returns to sit down at the pilot's console once more. He's definitely familiar with this kind of console. Sitting in the pilot's seat feels oddly nostalgic. His hands move almost by themselves; he slides his finger in a circle around the console, then without thinking, says, "Computer, manual control."
A distinctly female voice responds, "Manual control engaged," and the pilot's console switches from the previously uninformative block of text to a display packed full of virtual flight instruments: velocity, altitude, precise electricity reserves, life support efficiency, range estimation, and tons more. Too much to process at once. Something pokes into his arm, and when he looks down he realizes his chair's armrests have revealed dozens of physical buttons and switches, as well as what looks like a control column. Moving his feet, he notices the presence of pedals as well. Bert feels dizzy for a moment as bits and pieces of his memory come surging back. He flew ships like this often, definitely, and he feels like he was damned good at it. What he previously assumed was a wall above the bank of consoles flickers to life. Apparently it was a giant screen that ran the full perimeter of the craft. It displayed simulated imagery of the shuttle's surroundings and could be manipulated from Bert's console. On the screen, he could see thousands of stars. Far in the distance, surrounded by a green reticle, was a single planet hanging in the vast black abyss. The green meant this was the shuttle's destination. It must've been hundreds of thousands of kilometers away, but that was pretty close by as far as distances in space go.

Matt, who was originally quite skeptical of Bert's piloting "aspirations", was thoroughly impressed by this display. He'd drawn his pistol from its holster and was in the midst of examining it when the screens flickered on. Caught off guard, the gun tumbled out of his hands and onto the floor. Upon impact, it released a burst of blue energy which barely whizzes past Angel's head before harmlessly dissipating upon contact with the wall of the shuttle. The faint aroma of ozone wafts through the shuttle. Luckily any injury was avoided. Matt cautiously reaches down, mutters a "My bad," and picks up the pistol, returning it to his holster.

Tactius shoots a quick glare toward Matt, then grabs his own mask, tank, holster, and backpack, slipping them on. Fully geared up, he sits back down in the copilot's chair. His console is still only displaying a brief summary of the shuttle's status. It looks like Bert's switch to manual control wasn't duplicated for Tactius' console.

Spoiler: Bert Rogers (Pancaek) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Matt Ross (dewboy) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Location (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:42:49 pm by Malus »

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: Argos - Turn 5: Manual control engaged. (2d6 Sci-fi RtD)
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2014, 12:06:59 pm »

Go to the escape shuttle
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2014, 05:22:52 pm »

Buckle up for the ride and sit tight.

"Bert you seem to know what your doing. I'm gonna sit here and enjoy the ride."

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2014, 05:31:26 pm »

((GM, how much OOC planning do you allow?))
My Area

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2014, 09:22:26 pm »

((Felicia seems to be in two rooms.))

Glare at Matt. Wait.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2014, 09:42:13 pm »

((GM, how much OOC planning do you allow?))
((As much as you like. Feel free to speculate on the mechanics as well. I'll elaborate on them if there's confusion.))
((Felicia seems to be in two rooms.))
((Whoops! Glad you caught that. The location entries get a little unwieldy sometimes. Fixed now.))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2014, 11:02:00 pm »

No way to enter and exit in space or vacuum? Damn, Onfa thought, this... ...might get very.... risky for her.
Look for internals (air supply and mask).

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2014, 09:30:32 am »

"Yeah, I think I've got this. I should be able to get us to the planet, no problem. But uh, guys?" He looks behind him "Aren't we missing two people? And why did the door close anyway?"

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2014, 11:33:28 am »

((You guys have masks and O2 tanks, and presumably there are two more in there. If you all put on the masks, one or two of you could come out and get us, and then we could figure out how to repressurize the escape pod from there. I'd really like to live. :) ))
My Area

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2014, 01:06:23 pm »

((Yes, because oxygen deprivation is the only thing we have to worry about in a vacuum.
And I'm pretty sure the masks don't cover more than the mouth and nose.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2014, 01:14:02 pm »

((The pressure does not appear to be ripping us apart now- the main other danger seems to be the explosive decompression honestly.))

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2014, 01:33:11 pm »

((Yes, because oxygen deprivation is the only thing we have to worry about in a vacuum.
And I'm pretty sure the masks don't cover more than the mouth and nose.))

((I understand your concern, but I've been having a dance party out here and the only risk seems to be passing out from lack of oxygen.))
My Area

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2014, 01:35:44 pm »

((I'm totally fine with trying to open the airlock, because I suppose I should be able to repressurize the shuttle. But I'm not going to post that as my action if not all of the people in the shuttle have got their minternals on yet, that would be kind of a dick move, I think.))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7