Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Argos - Turn 6: Rescue mission is a go (2d6 Sci-fi RtD)  (Read 6966 times)

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Argos - Turn 6: Rescue mission is a go (2d6 Sci-fi RtD)
« on: February 25, 2014, 06:27:24 pm »

Argos
When you open your eyes, you're greeted by a room bathed in a cool blue light. The clear glass cylinder you're reclining in slides open with a slight hum, and you investigate your surroundings. There are five other cylinders just like yours, and their occupants are waking up just like you. You realize you can't remember anything. Not why you're here, or even who you are. Struggle as you may, the most that comes to you is your name. On the far side of the room, there's something resembling a door, but it's tightly shut and you don't see any obvious way to open it.

Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Setting (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:47:59 pm by Malus »

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: Argos - open for signups (2d6 Sci-fi RtD)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 06:41:33 pm »

Name: Felicia Hasting
Appearance: Above average height, long curly brown hair, pale skin. She is not muscular, but she does have tone to her muscles similar to a runner's body.
First action: Check to make sure I have clothes!
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 06:46:26 pm »

Name: Tactius Flavius Quintus
Appearance: Short brown hair, blue eyes, tall and narrow. Beaked nose and sharp eyes. Male.
First Action: Examine the door to see how to open it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 06:49:43 pm »

Name: Angel Carlson
Appearance: A little girl, with auburn hair and, if clothed, a green dress.
First Action: Call for help. Because others already took the better actions and I don't want to copy.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 06:58:15 pm »

name:  Bert Rogers
appearance: Male. Rather tall and of average build, he has grey eyes and brown hair, and an unkempt beard and moustache.
first action: inspect the tubes for anything usefull and informative, introduce myself to the others.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Argos - open for signups - 4/6 players (2d6 Sci-fi RtD)
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 09:18:11 pm »

Name: Matt Ross
Physical appearance/personality: Short male with curly brown hair. Lean, almost to the point of skinny. usually quiet and observant, except when something he feels strongly about is brought up.
First action: Examine the Cylinder via the five senses in order of sight, sound, touch, smell, and (yes) taste.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 09:23:30 pm »

Name: Onfa Gubton
Physical appearance/personality (if you'd like): A tall-ish, tan woman who while not obese is certainly not thin. Brown eyes and black, wavy hair which goes down to her shoulders.
First action: Examine the others. ...do I recognize them?

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 09:34:04 pm »

Name: Adio Freyor
Physical appearance/personality: Orange, sunset-colored hair that reaches down to her waist. Hazel-colored irises, has freckles on her face. Skin is fair, on the paler side. Above-average height.
She is bright and cheery, but keeps to herself most of the time. She only trusts close friends and everything that comes from nature.
First action: Look around, see what I can find. Or who.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 09:51:08 pm »

Name: David David Davidson (goes by Dave D. Davidson)
Physical appearance/personality (if you'd like): Albino, Tall, Wiry, ThiNks ouTsiDe The box.
First action: Meditate on whether or not he can sTeal Dreams.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 10:06:35 pm »

Name: Talonis Wolf (easy to remember)
Physical appearance/personality (if you'd like): Tall, Somewhat Skinny, ?Glasses? (If allowed), peach fuzz and Mustache.
First action: Look at surroundings, search for anything which could be useful and grab it.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Argos - Turn 1 coming soon! (2d6 Sci-fi RtD)
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 01:44:26 am »

Argos: Turn 1
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Felicia confusedly checks herself over, examining her attire. She seems surprised to find herself in a sleek, almost skin-tight grey jumpsuit of indeterminate material. It covers her body from wrist to ankle and is otherwise unremarkable. Looking around the room, it seems everyone else is wearing the same thing. While the clothing stretches a bit, it certainly couldn't accommodate the wide range of physiques represented here. Most likely each person's jumpsuit was custom-made for their body.

Tactius wastes no time with the glass cylinders and decides to investigate the only other thing of interest in the room -- namely, the exit. He stumbles a bit after leaving the cylinder as the blood rushes to his head after god-knows-how-long he was trapped in there, functionally immobile. Regaining his balance, he approaches the door. It's metallic and very reflective. If it weren't recessed into the wall slightly, you wouldn't even think it was a door -- maybe a mirror or something? He waves his hand in front of it to no effect. He reaches out to knock on it, but milliseconds before his fist contacts the door, it slides up into the wall without a sound. It moved so quickly, Tactius almost isn't sure it was there in the first place. Beyond the door extends a dimly lit hall. A grate covers the floor, and beneath the grate, thick piping. At the far end of the hall, barely visible in the darkness, seems to be a ladder leading up.

Angel -- perhaps the most out of place person in the room -- is clearly distressed. She glances around the chamber, seeing only strangers. Her memories are jumbled, or maybe even gone, with no idea how she's come to be here or why or who these strangers are. Holding back tears, she yells loudly, "Help! Where am I!?" Her cry reverberates through the tiny chamber, and if the others in the room hadn't yet realized the dire truth of their situation, they're well aware of it now. Everyone is silent for a few seconds, but the silence is broken by a voice of indistinct gender speaking calmly over what sounds like an intercom. Maybe Angel's cry set off a sensor of some kind?
"Six life-signs detected. Power reserves low. Warning. Warning. At present rate of power consumption, estimated one-hundred-forty-six hours remaining. Warning."
The previously dark hallway brightens as red emergency lighting comes online.

Bert Rogers immediately concerns himself with the state of the cylinders. There are two embedded into each wall, except the wall with the door, for a total of six. Investigating his own cylinder first, he immediately notices a small panel on the wall beside it. It appears to be a screen of some sort. The display reads:
Bert Rogers
TAO #003
Resuscitation Complete

Glancing around the room, it seems every cylinder is equipped with one of these screens, with almost identical readouts. He approaches the nearest other cylinder. Reading the display, he figures the short guy leaned over examining the tube is Matt Ross.
"Hi. I'm Bert Rogers. Find out anything useful?"

Matt looks up, shakes his head, then resumes his work. Besides an unidentifiable dull hum, the room is mostly silent. He notes a bizarre liquid residue clinging to the inside of his cylinder and leans closer, listening intently. It's faint, but he can hear a slight bubbling, maybe the sound of water flowing through pipes. Interest piqued, he touches his finger to the residue. It's a little sticky. He gives it a sniff. No scent. He brings his finger to his tongue. No taste, either. There is simply nothing remarkable about the rest of the cylinder. The residue hints that he may have been suspended in some kind of liquid, but it has clearly long since been drained out.

Onfa comes to a bit slower than the rest. By the time she's fully conscious, the others have already started examining their surroundings. Instead of examining her surroundings, she examines the people she finds herself trapped here with. There's a young girl in the middle of the room, clad in a grey jumpsuit. Her eyes are darting around in confusion. Onfa searches her memory for anyone resembling this girl, but she draws a blank. Panic overtakes her as she realizes she can't remember anyone's face. Not even the faces of her parents.

Spoiler: Bert Rogers (Pancaek) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Matt Ross (dewboy) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Location (click to show/hide)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: Argos - Turn 1. Players, submit your actions! (2d6 Sci-fi RtD)
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 02:09:12 pm »

Walk over to the ladder and look up.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 02:13:34 pm »

Walk over to the ladder and look up.

Quintus follows Felicia and looks up the ladder.

"I hope there's a window or something up there. I could use a breath of fresh air."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 03:39:44 pm »

Also move towards the ladder, stare to where the others are staring at.

"So, you guys find anything out yet, like where this leads? Oh, I'm Bert by the way, nice to meet you."

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 06:18:37 pm »

Argos: Turn 1.5
Several members of the group wander over to the ladder and look up. It terminates abruptly maybe nine feet into the air, melding with some sort of hatch-like mechanism which appears to be clamped shut. If they want to find out anything else, they'll need to send someone up.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7