Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How would you like the battle map to be drawn?

Stick dudes in colored squares
Character initials in black and white
Everyone invents character symbols and I use those

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35

Author Topic: D & D 4e: OOC Thread: REPLACEMENTS NEEDED  (Read 34620 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Re: D & D 4e: OOC Thread / Signups (ONE OPENING NOW!)
« Reply #255 on: March 06, 2014, 11:56:15 pm »

Hey Immaterial, we should coordinate use of our buffs. If I Ferocious Smashed and you Rune of Destruction'd, we could give someone a +7 damage bonus, and if I Guarding Attacked and you Rune of Protection'd, we could give someone +8 AC. We could give either Perrin or Gararhn an AC of 25! They'd be effectively invincible against all enemy mooks for a turn, since the majority of mooks have less than +5 attack bonus. And if Ghararn got himself a heavy shield and some plate armor, and used his second wind on the same turn... None shall be able to stand before him! They'd have to beat an AC of 30! Too bad we can't make it last for longer than one turn, though.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 07, 2014, 12:03:17 am »

Don't forget I can use Righteous Brand 1/encounter, to give someone a +4 to their attack roll on whichever enemy I attack with it, I can also help you guys.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 07, 2014, 12:16:28 am »

Well, both of my At Wills give a total of +4 damage to a single ally, with Rune of Destruction, not counting RoD's aura (+1 attack to adjacent enemies). With Rune of Protection, I can do +4 AC to one ally, on top of RoP's aura (2 DR, scaling). Word of Exchange can even give 4 Temp HP.

I'm a Runepriest. Have some giant numbers.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 07, 2014, 12:34:56 am »

I can drop any enemy prone  at +4 to hit in melee, deal +1d10 damage once per encounter, use one of two fun poisons, and, first time I'm hit, I've got an immediate interrupt power that forces a re-roll. Unfortunately, the poisons have to be prepared, but I can probably drop the troll for you guys to whale on.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 07, 2014, 03:14:39 am »

I don't have much right now, but my encounter power lowers their will defense by a good amount and my daily let's me control a group of victims into hitting each other, so it's useless against a single enemy. My other at will gives me some soft control in that it inflicts extra damage if the enemy hit with it comes closer to me, but I think I'm going to stick with eldritch blast for this fight, unless I can get the troll to move closer to me somehow.

Defense wise, I'm pretty good. I have my warlock feature which gives me concealment when I move at least 3 spaces, decent defenses already and a good amount of health too. Since I'll be sticking to range, I should be just fine.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 07, 2014, 07:14:41 am »

The vast majority of my powers involve choosing where I am in relation to the bad guys, and are most effective against groups while still being useful against single targets. My at-wills and encounter powers can be used for movement or attack, my class feature (flurry of blows) is an auto-hit that slides, I have two close burst attacks (at-will and daily), and the daily essentially gives all of my attacks reach. Once we fight some mobs, I'll be a whirlwind of close-range pain.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 07, 2014, 06:19:32 pm »

Are we waiting for Vulpec to do something, or is he just going to wait for the fight to finish before telling us what he did while we were fighting? (It is Vulpec that's at the castle, right?)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 07, 2014, 07:31:30 pm »

I actually have no clue what Vulpec is up to. That guard has been yelling for a few minutes now.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 07, 2014, 07:36:08 pm »

Tawarochir, could I make a suggestion? In battles like these, especially considering how many players there are, it might make more sense to run each player's turn one at a time. As in, you declare who's turn it is, that player posts their action, then you move on to the next player/run enemy turns as appropriate.

Because, while this approach is working okay for a single large enemy in a confined space, in a more large-scale battle the current system will quickly become unusable, as enemies die/get shuffled around and players stand in each other's spaces. We need to run this thing more like a tabletop game: somewhat more orderly, allowing players to plan moves based on the current situation instead of how things might possibly go.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 07, 2014, 07:39:00 pm »

Good idea, Sirus. I'll start running things like that in the second quest.

No, not the "second quest" where I throw everything at you again but harder, but your next journey, which is mostly planned by now.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 07, 2014, 07:44:36 pm »

No, not the "second quest" where I throw everything at you again but harder

If it weren't for the fact that 4th Edition just doesn't work like that, that'd be a pretty cool questline. What appears to be a simple dungeon crawl is, in fact, an opening to a self strengthening temporal loop, that the PCs must find a way to break out of before the monsters become too strong to be destroyed by the party.

*returns to lurking*

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 07, 2014, 10:40:28 pm »

Oh, uh, yeah.

Tomorrow, when I calculate the dice rolls and stuff, I'll copy the map, erase the little letters, and cut-paste the trollface into the correct positions. Not that it greatly matters, it's almost dead anyway. Wild swinging would almost do the trick, most likely.

Next time, when you're level 2, the "boss" will likely be a level 15-or-so monster paired with minions or a leader with a bunch of soldiers or the like, all in one big big big big room.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 07, 2014, 10:42:43 pm »

Not that it greatly matters, it's almost dead anyway. Wild swinging would almost do the trick, most likely.
But I get a sense of fulfillment when the maximum amount of people get a bonus!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 07, 2014, 11:15:22 pm »

mastahcheese, I just remembered that I have to tell you something vitally important. Warlock curses don't stack. If I've already cursed something, then that means that your curse can't take hold, and vise versa.

Just something to keep in mind, since my curse is really important for me.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35