Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Game Over! Town win!  (Read 77947 times)

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Day 2!
« Reply #285 on: March 11, 2014, 05:29:18 pm »

I'm not sure about this, Darkpaladin. It seems like you're lurking, and kind of complacent. Is it because no one is suspecting you?
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 11, 2014, 05:34:31 pm »

Sorry about not being posting much. Family visits take up a lot of time.

extend, I could do with another 48 hours.

And LARD, the reason that accepting being lynched for no reason is a scumtell is exactly because it's trying to convince people they're town. But an actual townie would want to prevent a town-lynch (themselves) if possible.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 11, 2014, 05:50:18 pm »

I'm not sure about this, Darkpaladin. It seems like you're lurking, and kind of complacent. Is it because no one is suspecting you?

If I die and 4mask turns out to be town, someone should check DP. He's the other guy who has been behaving oddly.

Sorry about not being posting much. Family visits take up a lot of time.

extend, I could do with another 48 hours.

And LARD, the reason that accepting being lynched for no reason is a scumtell is exactly because it's trying to convince people they're town. But an actual townie would want to prevent a town-lynch (themselves) if possible.

Not wanting to be lynched versus not caring about being lynched is probably not all that good a scumtell, though, since it's easy to bring WIFOM into it and make conclusions difficult to get (I've seen both sides used as scumtells, actually).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 11, 2014, 05:55:27 pm »

But a townie should always want to not be lynched (unless it's to catch the scum, if there's ever a situation where it would help) because each townie lynched is one step closer to a loss.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 11, 2014, 06:05:16 pm »

^This one worries me. It's like he's not trying to stop himself getting lynched.  It makes me think we've picked the wrong guy.

And 4maskwolf. I was looking back through the forum and saw this.
I'd like some elaboration on my questions, please, particularly #1 and #3.  And good on you btw, you've come down to earth after your first posts.  Something I just figured out, as this is my first game here as well, is that people like elaboration and detail, short or vague answers are often seen as scummy. Anyway, you're doing better than me at the beginning of the game, I managed to get 3 ppl jumping on my head. :P
yeah, about that:
Can I have a reiteration of people's problems with LARD.  I didn't actually understand them when they posted them.

Also, LARD, your sig made me laugh.

Originally I was just flattered, but now I see it a bit as buddying.  I would like to know what your thoughts about me were at that time. I also would like a votecount
[/quote]
Hi LARD.
I was frankly rather bemused at the time and too damn lazy to look back and see what the charges against you were.  I hadn't seen anything I qualified as scummy play from you, so I was asking people to state their cases again so I could read them and scumcheck the cases.  By which I mean figure out which players had weak arguments, as scum often do.

The thing about your sig was idle banter unrelated to the game.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 11, 2014, 06:52:41 pm »

I know there is really no good explanation to idle banter, so that's fine.
I also would like an extend
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 11, 2014, 06:55:22 pm »

I would request one, but what is there to discuss?  TDS hasn't answered us, and unless someone else does something scummy my vote is staying put.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 11, 2014, 07:16:23 pm »

Ok guys, I have a plan.

Since some of you are adverse to the whole "lynch one, then the other" plan, how about this?

We lynch one, and our power role target the other?
We have to have either a jailer or a cop, maybe both. When we lynch one, then our power role inspect the other, and if it turns out that we were wrong, then our power role will say so?

I realized while typing this that if we are wrong, then the scum would probably just claim to be the power role. Hmm.

This is a fine idea, because we can afford two more town deaths before lylo, that means if we don't get him now, we can lynch the fake claimer as well as the power role. If nobody counterclaims to the roleclaim, we have to go by what they say and hope they don't get nk'd next night.  In that case we have a confirmed townie and we can scan for mafia from there.  I think this is reasonable, but I am not sure.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 11, 2014, 07:18:27 pm »

Day 2 proceeds...

[1] 4maskwolf: TheDarkStar
[3] TheDarkStar: 4maskwolf, mastahcheese, LARD
[1] darkpaladin109: Persus13

[3/3] Extend: Persus13, Graknorke, LARD

Day 2 has been extended to Friday 12:00 PM MST.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 11, 2014, 07:23:48 pm »

I would request one, but what is there to discuss?  TDS hasn't answered us, and unless someone else does something scummy my vote is staying put.

I'd like to point out that while you say that I need to answer, I've actually answered your questions from the last several pages. If you dislike my responses, say so, but then point out to me what it is you want me to answer. The only way that I can satisfy what you want me to do is to re-answer all of the things you have asked me. Since I don't know what I'm looking for, I will probably miss whatever it is you want again. Could you maybe clarify a bit more than "Answer me!" and "You answered wrong!"?

Also, what's the "us" about? I've answered the one other question from someone else (unless I missed someone's post). Are you trying to subtly townclaim?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 11, 2014, 07:35:23 pm »

Us being accusations from the three people lynching you. But very well. I will ask you specific questions in a bit.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 11, 2014, 08:35:02 pm »

Tiruin, could we get your IC advise in here?  Just general advice.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 11, 2014, 08:46:21 pm »

I'll be swooping in soon~ :X
Sorry for the lateness, and the unedited post before!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 11, 2014, 11:41:02 pm »

I'll be swooping in soon~ :X
Sorry for the lateness, and the unedited post before!
Out of curisosity, how soon is soon?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 12, 2014, 12:45:41 am »

Day 2 has been extended to Friday 12:00 PM MST.
Before this time! :3
Yeah schoolwork kills me. I apologize profusely x-x
Must wooork. Then I'll give a blow-by-blow reaction on everyone's post. Then I'll banter with Jim in deadchat. Then I'll PM Imp because I miss her.
Then...
Oh right.

Soon is before day end, but rather before Thursday in the earliest of timezones. Just a general term so I don't flip on myself and break my spinal column or such.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31