Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Game Over! Town win!  (Read 77869 times)

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Day 1!
« Reply #270 on: March 09, 2014, 07:55:18 pm »

Day 1 Continues...

[1] LARD: Graknorke
[1] darkpaladin109: Persus13
[1] Graknorke: mastahcheese
[3] Epichighfive321: LARD, Tiruin, TheDarkStar
[1] Persus13: Epichighfive321

All right, I want to know  two things here,
1. 4maskwolf, why did you not have a vote down at this point?
Here's my Solymr and Epichighfive case:

Alright, I am kinda new towards this game, but I think my logic was a bit faulty when selecting LARD, so UNVOTE LARD. I really only selected him because I didn't know how much time was left in the day and saw another player's argument in why he was voted. After some thinking, I have decided to go with Persus13. Like what LARD said before, you seem to put yourself in a mentor position above us. I think this is a good enough reason.

So, you admit to voting for someone because someone else did. Also, it's interesting to note that Solymr did the exact same thing you did: Claim that LARD is scummy for no reason, and then backs off when pressured.

Like this:

LARD: pretty much everything he says points to scum.
After reading the preceding posts, I'm gonna go ahead and go with LARD.

Persus - I don't think he is giving false tips or helping us falsely, but I do think he seems to give off a scum vibe, with his position as IC I don't think anyone would look to him.

What makes you think this? Please, give quotes of what Persus13 has said and explain how they make him seem scummy to you.

It would help if you would post a bit more frequently, too - you have about 5 posts, and Solymr has another 5.

PPE: Looks like I got ninja'd by lots of people about EHF. Actually, I'd be very surprised if both LARD and EHF were town.

2. TDS, This looks like you are bandwagoning and when you give your reasoning, it is no more than anybody else's who posted before you. This seems like you were bussing when it looked as if EHF was going to get lynched regardless, therefore putting yourself in a good light.  I also want to know about your suspicions on me, in light of the fact that the others think I'm certainly not a confirmed townie.
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Day 2!
« Reply #271 on: March 09, 2014, 08:46:24 pm »

Extend

I don't have time to post, but the fact that all of you are too busy to notice my absence is concerning, along with people's attacks of LARD. From what I've seen, the attacks on LARD are mainly based on postulating on why scum killed Tiruin. Bad idea. Scum may have killed Tiruin because she's a capable player, or because they wanted to blame LARD. We don't know.

I think 4maskwolf asked me my thoughts on epichighfive: I thought he seemed scummy, but I wasn't sure whether it was because he was scum or because he was new. At least he was trying.

Darkpaladin109: If you're going to play, tell me who you think the scumbuddy of Solymr/Epichighfive is. Use your vote to hunt people and go back and read through the thread if you're not sure. If you want to play, please play.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 09, 2014, 08:55:30 pm »

2. TDS, This looks like you are bandwagoning and when you give your reasoning, it is no more than anybody else's who posted before you. This seems like you were bussing when it looked as if EHF was going to get lynched regardless, therefore putting yourself in a good light.  I also want to know about your suspicions on me, in light of the fact that the others think I'm certainly not a confirmed townie.

I've already state what I think of you and why. You being town doesn't make sense when compared to your actions towards EHF, especially being the first person to vote for him yesterday and having a longstanding vote on Solymr.

4maskwolf: I composed a post in other threads, but I got distracted by Planetside 2 and then went to eat something before I got around to posting here.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 09, 2014, 08:57:14 pm »

tds: and what of the charges arrayed against you?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 09, 2014, 09:18:59 pm »

I've answered the things you and other people have said. Tonight, either I'm wrong and I get checked or jailed tonight (and die tomorrow if I'm scum) or I'm right and we win.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 09, 2014, 09:23:24 pm »

I've answered the things you and other people have said. Tonight, either I'm wrong and I get checked or jailed tonight (and die tomorrow if I'm scum) or I'm right and we win.
You... really haven't.  First of all, you were caught in a bald-faced lie in saying you were the first one on the EHF lynch.  Then people have been accusing you of scummy behavior.

I... don't know what to make of your behavior right now, tbh.  If I insulted or upset you in my verbal tirade, I apologize, I was not thinking straight at the time.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 09, 2014, 09:29:15 pm »

You... really haven't.  First of all, you were caught in a bald-faced lie in saying you were the first one on the EHF lynch.  Then people have been accusing you of scummy behavior.

I... don't know what to make of your behavior right now, tbh.  If I insulted or upset you in my verbal tirade, I apologize, I was not thinking straight at the time.

Where did I say I was the first to vote for EFH? I said I had a FoS (Finger of Suspicion, for all you new people) on him before LARD voted (which I changed to a full vote after EHF did not respond to any of the questions that he was asked, as far as I can remember).

Also, I'm not particularly insulted by what you've said.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 09, 2014, 10:53:29 pm »

Erm... TDS... You're the one up for lynching. Are you not going to... Do anything about it?

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 10, 2014, 05:55:17 pm »

The FoS you had actually works against you in my opinion. A mafia would seek to distance himself from his mafia partner and if the partner started playing badly, or even slightly badly, a FoS would result in distancing yourself.  Then you jumped on him when it looked like he would be lynched anyway.  I think that looks extremely scummy. I am afraid TDS that you will have to answer to these, and other accusations, listed in my above posts and other people's.
In addition. It seemed like TDS was panicking during his argument with 4mask and now he seems to have almost given up.
TDS Do not lose hope! If you are town, give us info so we will have something to work with after you are gone. If you are mafia, do the same thing. This will make it look like you are town.

I like to not use questions when I push people because it makes it too easy for them to answer with ambiguity. Having to defend yourself from a statement is more difficult.
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 10, 2014, 06:21:05 pm »

The FoS you had actually works against you in my opinion. A mafia would seek to distance himself from his mafia partner and if the partner started playing badly, or even slightly badly, a FoS would result in distancing yourself.  Then you jumped on him when it looked like he would be lynched anyway.  I think that looks extremely scummy. I am afraid TDS that you will have to answer to these, and other accusations, listed in my above posts and other people's.
In addition. It seemed like TDS was panicking during his argument with 4mask and now he seems to have almost given up.
TDS Do not lose hope! If you are town, give us info so we will have something to work with after you are gone. If you are mafia, do the same thing. This will make it look like you are town.

I like to not use questions when I push people because it makes it too easy for them to answer with ambiguity. Having to defend yourself from a statement is more difficult.

I've simply had RL going on and have had to limit the time I spend posting (like now).

I'll have info here later, when I have a chance.

Also, votecount, please?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 10, 2014, 07:28:10 pm »

Day 1 Continues...

[1] LARD: Graknorke
[1] Graknorke: mastahcheese
[3] Epichighfive321: LARD, Tiruin, TheDarkStar
[1] Persus13: Epichighfive321

All right, I want to know  two things here,
1. 4maskwolf, why did you not have a vote down at this point?
Laziness.  By that point in the day, I was tired of the first day antics and wanted to move on to the far more interesting second day.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 10, 2014, 08:17:24 pm »

I've simply had RL going on and have had to limit the time I spend posting (like now).

I'll have info here later, when I have a chance.

Also, votecount, please?

Now that I have time:

Some useful info in case I am not here to explain later:

Tonight, either jail or rolecheck the one of us that is not lynched. Even if the scum manages to avoid detection, you've still likely pushed LyLo back by a day at worst.

What could happen and what to do:

There's a jailkeeper: Block me or 4maskwolf; if there's no kill, lynch me or 4maskwolf (the town will all have to do this instead of the jailkeeper leading this; he probably should not claim). At best, you win and at worst, LyLo is pushed back by at least a day.

There's a rolecop: The rolecop checks me or 4maskwolf. If scum comes up, reveal and lynch. If town comes up, don't reveal (or you die the next night), even if the town assumes that there's a jailkeeper and proceeds to lynch the innocent. Instead, wait and keep checking for scum. If you haven't found scum (and you're not the target of a lynch), don't claim.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 11, 2014, 09:45:19 am »

^This one worries me. It's like he's not trying to stop himself getting lynched.  It makes me think we've picked the wrong guy.

And 4maskwolf. I was looking back through the forum and saw this.
I'd like some elaboration on my questions, please, particularly #1 and #3.  And good on you btw, you've come down to earth after your first posts.  Something I just figured out, as this is my first game here as well, is that people like elaboration and detail, short or vague answers are often seen as scummy. Anyway, you're doing better than me at the beginning of the game, I managed to get 3 ppl jumping on my head. :P
yeah, about that:
Can I have a reiteration of people's problems with LARD.  I didn't actually understand them when they posted them.

Also, LARD, your sig made me laugh.
[/quote]

Originally I was just flattered, but now I see it a bit as buddying.  I would like to know what your thoughts about me were at that time. I also would like a votecount

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 11, 2014, 04:41:14 pm »

Day 2 proceeds...

[1] 4maskwolf: TheDarkStar
[3] TheDarkStar: 4maskwolf, mastahcheese, LARD

[1/3] Extend: Persus13

Day 2 will end on Wednesday 12:00 PM MST, in approximately 21 hours.

darkpaladin109 has been prodded.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 11, 2014, 04:47:56 pm »

Darkpaladin109: If you're going to play, tell me who you think the scumbuddy of Solymr/Epichighfive is. Use your vote to hunt people and go back and read through the thread if you're not sure. If you want to play, please play.
TDS seems somewhat suspicious to me, judging by the fact that he bandwagoned epichighfive. Not quite sure about anyone else.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31