Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Game Over! Town win!  (Read 77980 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Day 1!
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2014, 07:11:31 am »

Even while being in a suboptimal state of mind and pfp so quoting is a pain in the ass and often breaks my phone, here's a post.

Everyone  Ambiguous answers, are they scummy?
Yes.

:P. Ambiguous answers show that you fear that a specific answer is going to give you away and get you killed. Scum usually have this level of paranoia, and townies who also do this aren't very good townies.
Not to be confused with concise answers, which don't need much of an explanation and an answer that's too long could mean that you want to look town.

Question time!

Solymr: If you were scum and your fellow scum were under suspicion, what would you do? Would you bus or lynch?
I'm not sure if I understood the question because bussing or lynching seem the same to me in this situation. Anyways, I wouldn't bus unless said buddy were in deep shit.
And another question back to you: do you think townhunting is as important as scumhunting?

Some more questions:
LARD:
How did you get that name? Care to elaborate on your last "clarification" about your opinion on first answers and clarifications? I didn't understand what were you trying to say, and it sounded more like an excuse than an actual explanation.
As for me, first answers usually are good base for investigating (see ambiguous answers), but if an explanation is needed and it makes sense, I would pass it as a slip a town could make.

Persus and Tiruin:
You promise that if you're scum you won't misdirect us? Or not destroy us too bad?

I almost missed Tirun's everyone question, there is something I can talk about in Mafia other than Mafia?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2014, 08:27:22 am »

darkpaladin109 are you having fun? (this one is actually important)
Yeah.
darkpaladin109: When do you think it's a good idea to roleclaim and reveal your findings as a rolecop?
Yes, but I would first make sure everyone trusts me.
...The affirmative in the second statement is..err, it does not match the question. ^ ^

So you would see a good idea to roleclaim...when everyone trusts you. How will you know of that time?
And could you expound (ie explain more on-) why you explicitly answered the note of a 'rolecop'?

Also do note the general Everyone question I posted earlier, thanks. :)
Make sure that I didn't say anything that would make me seem suspicious?
I answered the question because it was directed to me. Simple as that.
Everyone: You are the jailkeeper, and the cop has claimed and been proven right.  Do you protect them or no?
I'd try to figure out if he said anything that could point to him being a scum, then decide on what to do.
You have done fairly well answering questions, but this one you need to answer a little more clearly.

Also, do you have any reads of who is scum and who is town? If not, how do you plan on getting info?
Sorry I didn't see that earlier.
I'd read what everyone said and try to figure it out from there, I guess.
Everyone: What is your favorite subject in Mafia? Favorite notion to talk about?
What do you not understand about Forum Mafia? What about your least favorite notion?
I don't get what you're trying to ask me here? Care to clarify?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2014, 09:45:12 am »

Graknorke:
Graknorke:
Efforts to be unnoticed are what I'd be looking out for the most. I'm not a big fan of the policy some players having of lynching somebody just for lurking, but when somebody is clearly making an active attempt to stay out of scrutiny, it seems like something scum would do.
What do you mean by looking unnoticed? Why do not like policy lynches on lurkers? Who in this game is trying to be unnoticed to you?

Also, was your vote on LARD a pressure vote or a lynch vote?
Sorry Persus, missed that you asked me a question. I'll answer the one about LARD too because it applies to me.
It should, I was asking that to you.

I don't like policy lynches on lurkers because Mafia is a game of numbers, and having a useless townie is still better than not. As far as I'm concerned, lurker policy lynches are more about deterring people from lurking and removing the hassle of having to work out an actual day1 lynch than it is about winning.
Yes, but what happens when there are 5 players left, one scum left, and one player has been lurking the entire game. Lurkers are not guaranteed to be town. If you lynch the lurker, there a 20% chance he's scum. If you lynch an active player and he's town, while ignoring the lurker, there's a problem.

The player I'd say most avoiding attention is darkpaladin. He's made a few very short posts with no content in them. Though he might pick up again later and has only been posting like that because of some circumstances or other. Solymr hasn't posted since the very start of the game, but an absence of posts isn't as bad as contentless posts.
Good. You said you'd use pressure on players who did that. You going to?

• Metaknowledge as in? Knowing the possible sutup of the game or what? It's not like Mafia is a roleplaying game, and really having a full understanding of the rules and possible roles and how many mafia members there are and so in is critical in the game actually working.
Metaknowledge is using knowledge of how someone's plays town or scum from previous games. For example, I once played a game with a player who was scum and he played D1 by asking lots of questions to one person, and then voting them and savagely attacking them for their responses to his questions. The next game I played with him, he did a similar thing, so I voted and called him out on it (He turned out to be scum). While metaknowldege can be useful, usually players are aware of their meta, and try to mitigate it, so it is not completely reliable.

Solymr:
Persus and Tiruin:
You promise that if you're scum you won't misdirect us? Or not destroy us too bad?
If I were scum, I would play to win. However I would not do that by giving bad advice. Everything I say in italics you can trust. What I say outside of italics is up for you to decide.

Darkpaladin109:
darkpaladin109 are you having fun? (this one is actually important)
Yeah.
darkpaladin109: When do you think it's a good idea to roleclaim and reveal your findings as a rolecop?
...The affirmative in the second statement is..err, it does not match the question. ^ ^
Make sure that I didn't say anything that would make me seem suspicious?
I answered the question because it was directed to me. Simple as that.
Tiruin is stating that you answered yes to a question about WHEN you would do something.

Everyone: You are the jailkeeper, and the cop has claimed and been proven right.  Do you protect them or no?
I'd try to figure out if he said anything that could point to him being a scum, then decide on what to do.
You have done fairly well answering questions, but this one you need to answer a little more clearly.

Also, do you have any reads of who is scum and who is town? If not, how do you plan on getting info?
Sorry I didn't see that earlier.
I'd read what everyone said and try to figure it out from there, I guess.
[/quote]
Having a read on someone means you have an idea of whether or not they are scum or town.
Now, who do you think is scum, and who do you think is town, in this game, right now. If you have no idea, how could you get an idea?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2014, 10:01:59 am »

LARD
I believe your name is an acronym of sorts, yes?

Anyways

If the cop claimed and was proven right, I would not protect him. The mafia would assume I would and attack somebody else. But this is counterproductive, because the mafia see how we all respond and whoever they think is the jailkeeper, they now get to see how they respond. 4maskwolf, Why would you ask such and obviously scum benefiting question?
[...]

Note 2: 'The mafia would assume I would'?
Really now.
The Mafia knows there is a Jailkeeper, huh?

Everyone  Ambiguous answers, are they scummy?

Like the one I give you now?

Ok. I'm pretty sure we already established that that first point only lead to a dead end (wifom) so it is irrelevant. It gives us nothing. The point I was trying to pressure 4maskwolf on was that the answers to the question could only be used by the mafia. And no, the mafia would not assume. But that's another irrelevance.
I have no idea what point you were trying to get across with that last statement. So I will ignore it

At this point, we are considered to have left RVS (Random Vote Stage), since both LARD and Gracknorke appear to have placed lynch votes on targets. At this point you can definitely still ask and answer questions, but the focus should be less on asking hypothetical questions, and more on what's happening in the game, as you have enough information to start making judgments about who is scum and who is town. (Although you don't know if that judgment will be correct)

LARD:
I dunno if claiming WIFOM for a bunch of answers is a scummy thing to do, but it just doesn't seem like we know without more info. I know you don't like receiving answers that just say, "we can't know" but there you are.
Generally when you're town, you shouldn't care about whether you appear scummy. This is a scumtell, and makes me suspicious of you.

Lard:\
First  of all, how politely condensing of you. It's very suspicious as well. For starters you are trying to belittle my opinion by setting yourself as an "IC" above me. Thank you as well for the "well played" it means more to me than you know. [sniff] In all seriousness though, I feel like I have you on the run. You are only throwing rudimentary accusations back at me. I will not be using WIFOM's again, because they are useless. Now 4maskwolf I will pursue it agressively.
I believe your case on 4maskwolf is making a mountain out of molehill. The fact is that 4maskwolf asked the question as a game starter question, and so stating that fact is a legitimate response.

Now as to the more serious slight on my character that Graknorke has made.
Just a friendly reminder that this is a game. While some people may say mean things in this game, it doesn't necessarily mean that they mean them.

If we have left the random vote stage then I will unvote 4maskwolf because it was a pressure vote all along. I think it valuable to a townsperson to make their target think that a pressure vote is a lynch vote, because it adds more pressure. The mountain was a molehill the whole time, it is true. I was merely trying to add pressure with the most aggressive means possible.  Sorry if that added confusion to the rest of you.

As a town, you do want to worry about not appearing scummy.  If you do look suspicious, it allows the real scum to hide behind you.

Yes, I know it's just a game. I am looking forward to the post-game discussions where we can have real friendly conversation.

4maskwolf thank you for the advice

I have to go now, but I'll tell you now that Graknorke is my next target.
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2014, 12:19:06 pm »

Metaknowledge is using knowledge of how someone's plays town or scum from previous games. For example, I once played a game with a player who was scum and he played D1 by asking lots of questions to one person, and then voting them and savagely attacking them for their responses to his questions. The next game I played with him, he did a similar thing, so I voted and called him out on it (He turned out to be scum). While metaknowldege can be useful, usually players are aware of their meta, and try to mitigate it, so it is not completely reliable.
Oh, right. I imagine that knowing other players' habits would be useful, but only if you're the only one who notices them. Otherwise the behaviour could be covered up or avoided or faked maybe. So, nice to have, but not crucial or even necessarily beneficial to use.

Graknorke:
I'll answer the one about LARD too because it applies to me.
Now, who do you think is scum, and who do you think is town, in this game, right now. If you have no idea, how could you get an idea?
Actually I'm pretty sure that the question was for Tiruin, given where it is in your post. Since we both have a vote on LARD.

I don't like policy lynches on lurkers because Mafia is a game of numbers, and having a useless townie is still better than not. As far as I'm concerned, lurker policy lynches are more about deterring people from lurking and removing the hassle of having to work out an actual day1 lynch than it is about winning.
Yes, but what happens when there are 5 players left, one scum left, and one player has been lurking the entire game. Lurkers are not guaranteed to be town. If you lynch the lurker, there a 20% chance he's scum. If you lynch an active player and he's town, while ignoring the lurker, there's a problem.
I didn't mean to absolutely ignore lurkers, but they shouldn't be lynched solely for lurking either. Perhaps if they continue to act in an uncooperative manner after being called out on it (Like Org in BM 1). Then it becomes a problem and they are working against the interests of the town.

And on that note, I was giving Solymr and darkpaladin a chance to post, and they both have. I'm happy with what Solymr posted, but darkpaladin109, you really need to answer in more detail. More than a couple of sentences at least. And comment on things other than what you're directly asked, it's not bad to. Just... say something more than the bare minimum to answer a question! It's really frustrating trying to read something from your posts and there being nothing to read.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2014, 06:30:10 pm »

Unvote Persus13

I'm going to be out of town for the next 18-24 hours, so don't assume I'm lurking; I'm just not able to post.

Tiruin:

Everyone: What is your favorite subject in Mafia? Favorite notion to talk about?
What do you not understand about Forum Mafia? What about your least favorite notion?

Favorite subject: Rules for a non-standard mafia game. It's fun figuring them out!
Favorite notion: People playing well. It's fun if people try to do their best and talk a lot (as opposed to lurking, which slows down the game and makes it not very fun because nothing is happening).
Something I don't understand: Why I have so much trouble making it to Day 3. Seriously, I get lynched as scum and nightkilled during Night 1/mislynched as town.
Least favorite notion: Powerless civilians. I find it annoying to have no abilities and so I like power role-heavy games like Paranormal. It's almost as bad as lurking, but other people have said quiet a bit about that.

A runner up to my least favorite notion is Vigilante-type roles who target random people every night. Random killing is likely to just kill more Town than the one that the scum already kill.

darkpaladin109:

I said when. Could you answer my question now?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2014, 08:13:47 pm »

Least favorite notion: Powerless civilians. I find it annoying to have no abilities and so I like power role-heavy games like Paranormal. It's almost as bad as lurking, but other people have said quiet a bit about that.
I don't think that a particularly fair view of vanilla townies. The core of Mafia is the social aspect. It would honestly work fine without any night actions at all. An active townie can be far more useful than a cop who barely contributes.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2014, 09:17:33 pm »

Tiruin:
Quote from: Tiruin
Favorite subject... Like... we're not playing Smstr W/ Love here, are we...
Okay, more seriously, what do you mean by this, specifically?
The next three questions are easier: the concept of new games, the way some people play, and some of the post based analysis stuff, in that order.  Sorry NQT.

Now, what is the most effective town strategy for day one, in your personal opinion.  I'll extend this question to Persus as well, since he's the other IC.

Everyone: Is there a time to use the FoS, if so, when?  What do you believe is the difference between an FoS and a vote, beyond the obvious?  Do you believe that the questions asked on day one can help find scum, and why?  Would you rather have a power role or a vanilla role, and why?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2014, 10:50:17 pm »

If we have left the random vote stage then I will unvote 4maskwolf because it was a pressure vote all along. I think it valuable to a townsperson to make their target think that a pressure vote is a lynch vote, because it adds more pressure. The mountain was a molehill the whole time, it is true. I was merely trying to add pressure with the most aggressive means possible.  Sorry if that added confusion to the rest of you.
Pressure voting someone is fine, just expect to take some flack for that.

As a town, you do want to worry about not appearing scummy.  If you do look suspicious, it allows the real scum to hide behind you.
True, but you don't have to worry as much about how to act.

Oh, right. I imagine that knowing other players' habits would be useful, but only if you're the only one who notices them. Otherwise the behaviour could be covered up or avoided or faked maybe. So, nice to have, but not crucial or even necessarily beneficial to use.
There's a lot of differing thought on metaknowledge, but I agree with this point.

Graknorke:
I'll answer the one about LARD too because it applies to me.
Actually I'm pretty sure that the question was for Tiruin, given where it is in your post. Since we both have a vote on LARD.
Oh, my bad, sorry.

I didn't mean to absolutely ignore lurkers, but they shouldn't be lynched solely for lurking either. Perhaps if they continue to act in an uncooperative manner after being called out on it (Like Org in BM 1). Then it becomes a problem and they are working against the interests of the town.
Ah, okay. If you had to lynch a lurker, what day would be the most optimal for doing so?

Now, what is the most effective town strategy for day one, in your personal opinion.  I'll extend this question to Persus as well, since he's the other IC.

Everyone: Is there a time to use the FoS, if so, when?  What do you believe is the difference between an FoS and a vote, beyond the obvious?  Do you believe that the questions asked on day one can help find scum, and why?  Would you rather have a power role or a vanilla role, and why?
D1, the goal is to get information on people and see how they are interacting with people. Then, once the game has progressed, it is an excellent resource to look back on and see what people's interactions were like, in lieu of people's roleflips. The primary goal D1 is, like any other day, to lynch scum though. SO do what you feel needs to be done to achieve that goal.

I use FoS when I am voting one person, and someone else also looks suspicious, but not by much. I believe the difference between a FoS and a vote, is the FoS points out your suspects, but a vote actually has weight and purpose behind its usage.
I believe D1 questions help start conversations that lead to the lynching of scum players (hopefully), so yes I believe D1 questions help find scum.
And I've already stated I'd prefer a power role to vanilla.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2014, 12:37:51 am »

Tiruin
Lynchin' bitches I don't know really. I don't think I have a favorite subject/notion, I mostly like to see people's reactions to various stimuli, and see what adds up and what doesn't.
I think I understand Forum Mafia decently. My least favorite notion/concept in Mafia is, by far, WIFOM. It's fun thinking about how another person will react, but when it's overdone it's annoying.

Mr Cheese
Tiruin: You're scum. Your scumbuddy happened to draw some suspicion due to some of their behavior, but not enough to get lynched. Would they be any particular type of person you'd try to kill in the night at this point? Why? How would you proceed for the next day? Why?
When 'at this point' means 'Day', I presume?
Well I'd target the investigative voices-those which treat the situation with a generalist attitude. Those of probing hints or curious motive--all due because I am to either Rolecop/kill them. For the next day, I will deliberate with said buddy-point out his flaws, probably give hints on what s/he's to do in that matter, and in the next day I shall prod them on the matter--moreso because its an aid to the person regardless of their role and it helps them learn instead of going all aggressive on them.
Why? My playstyle. I side with benevolence no matter what alignment I am on.

Did you ask that question to learn more about me?
Question to everyone: What would be your preferred role? Why?
No preference. Why? Because my playstyle doesn't depend on my role--whatever ability exists in said role is but a tool I can work with-sure, my playstyle could conform to how I use said tool, but it has no direct relation to why I have this role nor on why I'd like it.
For me, the role or the wincon doesn't define the player but their [the player's] principles.

Why do you ask?
The answer to the two bolded bits are the same. I'm asking to get conversation started, basically. See if people give any sort of answer that flat out makes no sense, that sort of thing. Also in part because I like to know more about people, just as a general curiosity. You also failed to answer the first question, whether you prefer to play as town or scum.

So who would you say, so far, has a "generalist attitude"?

4maskwolf
Everyone: [1] Is there a time to use the FoS, if so, when?  [2] What do you believe is the difference between an FoS and a vote, beyond the obvious? [3] Do you believe that the questions asked on day one can help find scum, and why? [4] Would you rather have a power role or a vanilla role, and why?
[1] Yes, when you are indicating to someone that you are on to them, and the way that they are acting. Mostly so that they won't ignore you, but without the implications a vote has.
[2] Hmm, I kinda answered this in the first one. It doesn't have the same implications. A vote, for example, could get someone killed if the day ends before you can change it, or in games with hammers. Or, in the absence of hammers, simply enough people to be willing to shorten.
[3] Yes, I think so. I found scum in the first day of the first game I played, so if a total nooblet like me could do it, then yeah.
[4] If you asked me this when I first started, I'd have said power role, but personally, now, I think I prefer vanilla roles, because otherwise, I feel an obligation to survive. If I'm a town power role, then I feel an obligation to stay alive so they can benefit from my ability. If I were a scum power role (or really just scum in general) then I would feel an obligation to stay alive for scum's sake. So really, I prefer being a vanilla townie, because then I can just swing punches and go all out and not give a care in the world how people perceive it.

A question to Everyone. (Making it huge since people seem to be missing these)

Would everyone please be so kind as to provide your current reads, now that we are out of RVS?

Since I'm the one asking, I'll list mine first.

Solymr - Hasn't really posted enough to give a good read. Null for now.
Graknorke - Asked some good question, gave some odd answers, at time. I'm saying he's leaning town, but still new.
4maskwolf - Been pretty active, trying to keep others active too, I like it. Leaning town.
LARD - I don't really know what to make of LARD. His general demeanor seems off. Leaning scum, but unsure.
darkpaladin109 - His answers to me have been acceptable, but not so much to others. Leaning either way, unsure. Power role, maybe?
TheDarkStar - Seems to be doing good scumhunting. Leaning town.
Persus13 - Our first IC. I'm loathe to post reads on IC's, due both to their experience, and the fact that they're here to help, so null for now.
Tiruin - Our second, and snarky IC. Same reasoning behind Persus, I'd rather list Tiruin as Null for now.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2014, 01:57:01 am »

Good luck have fun everyone!

The flavor is hilarious.  :)
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2014, 03:46:37 pm »

Ah, okay. If you had to lynch a lurker, what day would be the most optimal for doing so?
I really don't know. A day1 lynch is important, and it's not really useful if everybody just immediately decided on lynching the lurker, so I don't think day 1. By day 2 though there's already been a day of discussion, a lynch, and (probably) a NK to make decisions over. At that point discussion can sort of continue itself, even without a 'meaningful' lynch. So I suppose day 2.

FoS for when you are already voting for someone, and it's an important enough vote that you don't want to instead be making a pressure vote.
Day 1 questions create a reference for the future, or even in day1, to show up inconsistencies.
Vanilla can still find and get scum lynched, power roles just have extra abilities, and that comes with the responsiblity of choosing what to do with it, and the risk of being NKd sooner and feeling like you wasted it. So vanilla for me.

Would everyone please be so kind as to provide your current reads, now that we are out of RVS?
Sure, why not.
Though I wouldn't could RVS as being over, because LARD still hasn't responded satisfactorily to my pressure vote. I'm honestly quite tempted to leave it as a lynch vote, since he's been sitting on a supposed rebuke for more than 24 hours.

List:

Solymr - Been rather quiet, but what he's posted so far has been kind of enough to answer the question and a little bit more. Very minor scum suspicions.
Graknorke - That's me.
mastahcheese - Alright with answering questions, not really pushing any of them hard though, more prone to commenting on what other people do, but not in a targeted enough direction to be suspicious as scum. Suspect as town, trying to get a grasp of the situation. Though suspicious that he let darkpaladin off the hook with him answering the way he does.
4maskwolf - Massively active in scumhunting and asking questions. Also, if I'm not mistaken, has the highest number of posts in the thread. That makes him statistically unlikely to be scum. And just by the way he acts, searching out scum and pressuring people, makes me think the he is town.
LARD - The way he answers questions and treats the game in general rubs me in all sorts of wrong ways. He's way defensive while also trying to attack people on poor groundings; and is hugely paranoid. Very probably scum.
darkpaladin109 - Frustratingly quiet, behaviour is quite suspicious, but since he won't talk any more than basic comments it's hard to ascertain anything. In this situation it's hard to differentiate scum from incompetence.
TheDarkStar - Pretty okay. Answers questions well, asks appropriate ones, nothing he does really strikes me as out of the ordinary. Slight expectations of town just because of that.
Persus13 - This one's harder. Since he's an IC, I would expect Persus to be more active, and generally asking better questions than everyone else. Still though, I can't draw conclusions based on 'well of course they would look like that because they're better informed than me'. So I'll just have to accept that I know nothing and abstain from having an opinion.
Tiruin - Similarly, and opinion I claimed would be completely uneducated. I can't even say that she's polite, because scum can (and should) be polite too.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2014, 06:57:23 pm »

1. FoS is for times when you suspect more that one person at once. It is also useful when someone seems to be scum, but you are not sure.

2. FoS tends to be less severe than a vote, obviously. However, it tends to mean either "I'd vote for you if I could [since I'm already voting for someone else]" or "You are scummy, but I'm not entirely convinced of that".

3. Definitely, but not until later in the game. They indicate what kinds of things a player says they will do, and responses (or a lack of them) can sometimes be checked for a conflict with the playstyle of the person in question in the late game.

4. Power role, because I like having to do more than just sitting there at night; with most roles, you have to find even more information than a vanilla townie so that you have an ability target.

Reads:

Players:

Solymr: Has not posted that much. I have a hard time getting an alignment from him, especially since he doesn't use quotes enough. Null read.
Graknorke: Posts a lot, and tends to be open about what he does. Town lean.
mastahcheese: Asks questions, but hasn't been all that active. His posts are long, but tend not to give a useful indication of his alignment (for me, at least). Null read.
4maskwolf: He has responded to questions and gone after some things he found suspicious. Town lean.
LARD: He's overly defensive. He also had an odd comment about his RVS vote that makes it seem like it was intended to lead a mislynch. Medium scum lean.
darkpaladin109: Semi-active lurker. He usually responds to questions with one-liners and hasn't really made the conversation go anywhere. On the other hand, he's new, so that makes this less of a scumtell. Slight scum lean.
TheDarkStar: Me!

ICs:

Persus13: Null read, since a lot of his comments are IC-based.
Tiruin: Same as above. More needs to happen before I can make a decision about either one of them.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2014, 07:13:36 pm »

I have to go now, but I'll tell you now that Graknorke is my next target.

To clarify why I think you are scummy:

1. You claim that your vote was not intended as a lynch despite earlier evidence. This seems to be there more as a cover-up of a mistake.

2. Town doesn't find targets based on randomly choosing. If someone behaves scummily, hunt them down for it. Town doesn't want random people dead, they want specific people (the people they think are scum) dead. Your choice seems random, especially since you did not back it up at all. You had an excuse, but I expect a good reason once you can post again.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2014, 07:39:50 pm »

I wish I could pressure-vote LARD a second time.

Come on LARD, what's keeping you? You promised that you'd at least OMGUS me, you really need to do something. You were active before.
Kind of the same with darkpaladin too. We could really do with more input from you.

So, it seems like LARD is way out ahead in terms of vote count.
Everyone, how comfortable do you feel with a lynch at this point?
I mean, I think LARD is scum, but at the same time it feels like he hasn't really responded properly to any accusations. I know that it's his fault for being slow or whatever, but I'd kind of like to see what he has to say. Maybe it could clear some things up, at least. 55 hours to go for that.

And another question for Everyone: Ignoring how scummy any individual is, who do you think is likely to be NKd today?
I have my own thoughts but I suppose it would ruin a question like this if I gave an answer to this question right underneath it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31