Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Game Over! Town win!  (Read 77891 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Day 2!
« Reply #300 on: March 12, 2014, 12:49:57 am »

Day 2 has been extended to Friday 12:00 PM MST.
Before this time! :3
Yeah schoolwork kills me. I apologize profusely x-x
Must wooork. Then I'll give a blow-by-blow reaction on everyone's post. Then I'll banter with Jim in deadchat. Then I'll PM Imp because I miss her.
Then...
Oh right.

Soon is before day end, but rather before Thursday in the earliest of timezones. Just a general term so I don't flip on myself and break my spinal column or such.
That sounds painful.  Don't do that.

Also, MastahCheese: What is your opinion on the events?  What do you think of the apathy the game seems to have fallen into?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 12, 2014, 06:35:56 am »

I'm sorry, I've been trying to post more, but I'm playing in my school's musical, which means I have a lot of rehearsals. Like Tiruin, I will also try and get a post up by day end.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 12, 2014, 12:26:31 pm »

Darkpaladin109: If you're going to play, tell me who you think the scumbuddy of Solymr/Epichighfive is. Use your vote to hunt people and go back and read through the thread if you're not sure. If you want to play, please play.
TDS seems somewhat suspicious to me, judging by the fact that he bandwagoned epichighfive. Not quite sure about anyone else.
You don't have to be sure. Just have an idea.
Please post something of substance. I find it hard to believe you're enjoying this any more than if you were just watching.

LARD, you still haven't said why you take it as such a given that you're in the clear. I know that at least mc still thinks I'm scum and others no doubt have at least some doubts about me. Why do you think you're so free of suspicion?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 12, 2014, 05:37:35 pm »

I do not think I am free of suspicion, as I have said before. I don't think any of my posts have said I am completely in the clear, but they might have.  I think I clarified in most of them that I am given a certain amount of credibility by having accused Solymr first. As TDS said, it was either the worst bus ever, or I'm not scum.  I agree that I am certainly not in the clear, and saying things like, "I wouldn't do that." are kind of worthless, but I, a new player, would likely not lynch my scum buddy without any reason. Give weight to that reasoning as you will.

The scum would have probably acted suspicious of Solymr and then put a vote on him once somebody else did. ;)
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 12, 2014, 09:00:30 pm »

Also, MastahCheese: What is your opinion on the events?  What do you think of the apathy the game seems to have fallen into?
I don't really know.
I mean, I don't like it, that much should be obvious. I honestly think that TDS is the last scum, but if we're wrong then, we'll lynch you, and if that also proves to be wrong, then we really won't have anymore room for error. That's what I'm worried about.
And yeah, the whole apathy thing is annoying. I want something. I want to start tunneling someone, to get information, but there's no real point in tunneling you or TDS further, and I've run out of things to attack from other people.
I mean, LARD is still acting suspicious to me, but not in a way that makes me think "That SCUM!", he's just... he acts odd.
Grak is doing a good job of going after him, though. I don't know.

I wish Tiruin and Persus would have the time to get in here and try to enlighten us.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 12, 2014, 09:53:18 pm »

Day 2 proceeds...

[1] 4maskwolf: TheDarkStar
[3] TheDarkStar: 4maskwolf, mastahcheese, LARD
[1] darkpaladin109: Persus13

Day 2 will end on Friday 12:00 PM MST.

darkpaladin109 has been prodded.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 12, 2014, 09:56:49 pm »

I don't really know.
I mean, I don't like it, that much should be obvious. I honestly think that TDS is the last scum, but if we're wrong then, we'll lynch you, and if that also proves to be wrong, then we really won't have anymore room for error. That's what I'm worried about.
And yeah, the whole apathy thing is annoying. I want something. I want to start tunneling someone, to get information, but there's no real point in tunneling you or TDS further, and I've run out of things to attack from other people.
I mean, LARD is still acting suspicious to me, but not in a way that makes me think "That SCUM!", he's just... he acts odd.

I wish Tiruin and Persus would have the time to get in here and try to enlighten us.
Could someone explain the charges against me that will lead to a lynch on me tomorrow?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 13, 2014, 02:31:54 am »

I do not think I am free of suspicion, as I have said before.
blame it on me, who is basically in the clear. (assuming that fact. We don't have to, but it might be a good idea)
I, as the most likely town
You certainly seem to want people to think it though. The first of these invites people to agree with you, and the second is outright stating that you are the most likely out of all of us to be town.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 13, 2014, 05:54:42 pm »

The conversation about me being scum goes as follows, I think.

Me: My actions would have been terrible for the mafia, therefore it should seem unlikely to others that I am mafia.
Others: Lard claimed to be in the clear! That is terrible and scummy.
Me: My actions would have been terrible for the mafia, therefore it should seem unlikely to others that I am mafia.

I dunno, It just seems to be a bit repetitive. I agree that we should lynch TDS this round, but I don't know what will happen late game, and people just seem to have given up on this one. I mean, DP is a lurker, and I expect the only person who is truly invested in the game to be a mafia, because now the mafia is faced with a big challenge.  On the other hand, if TDS is the mafia, and I think he is, he's probably just given up.
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 13, 2014, 05:56:48 pm »

There is a difference between "people shouldn't think I'm mafia" to "people don't think I'm mafia". Your strawman is full of holes because you're not even arguing with it right.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 13, 2014, 05:59:48 pm »

Day 2 proceeds...

[1] 4maskwolf: TheDarkStar
[3] TheDarkStar: 4maskwolf, mastahcheese, LARD
[1] darkpaladin109: Persus13

Day 2 will end on Friday 12:00 PM MST in approximately 20 hours.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 13, 2014, 06:41:20 pm »

I don't really know.

Could someone explain the charges against me that will lead to a lynch on me tomorrow?
ehem.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 13, 2014, 07:39:23 pm »

4mask  I am considering lynching you because you jumped on me right after Tiruin died.  Now that action would fit right in with the mafia's plan: nk Tiruin and then try to get a dogpile on another townie because it was so easy last time.
By the way. It sounds right now like you are trying to prepare for what happens after TDS is lynched, which wouldn't be necessary if you were town and were legitimately convinced that he is mafia, because he is going to get lynched today. That is also why I suspect you.

Everyone For the above reasons, I would like to bring back the hypothesis that it is actually 4maskwolf that is the mafia and we should lynch him. Just because TDS seemed less convincing during the argument doesn't seem like a good idea now. I don't like it, especially with what TDS has been giving us lately, while 4maskwolf has just been trying to not get himself lynched tomorrow.
If others still want to keep their pile on TDS, I wouldn't be adverse to it.  But right now it seems to me that 4maskwolf is the better lynch.

Graknorke I apologize if I sounded like I was trying to make you look stupid. As a matter of fact, I really don't know what the problem is.  I have a bit of evidence in my favour and the fact that I mention it signifies that I am scum? Or just the fact that I seem to be taking advantage of it?
Whatever the reason, the way I'm arguing does nothing to change the evidence. And the evidence, although not even close to  conclusive, is in my favour. But I like this, and I will tell you why if your tactic works.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 13, 2014, 07:50:51 pm »

If the power role takes action by acting on 4maskwolf, you can have some extra room. Tomorrow, if there's no kill, assume there's a jailor and the 4maskwolf is bad. Even if you are wrong, the scum had to waste a kill. If there's a kill (and that person is not the rolecop)  and there's no rolecop claim, assume that 4maskwolf is innocent (surprisingly) and go after DP, who is also scummy (unless someone else does something). Unless you are extremely unlucky, there are two lynches after mine before LyLo (if the investigator dies tonight, it's one).

PPE: We really need to avoid a tie tonight. Someone needs to add another vote to 4maskwolf to break the tie; even if he is not scum, we get important information.

Also, the power role should target me or 4maskwolf tonight; that way, we get info from the dead person and from the live one.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 13, 2014, 07:58:10 pm »

4mask  I am considering lynching you because you jumped on me right after Tiruin died.  Now that action would fit right in with the mafia's plan: nk Tiruin and then try to get a dogpile on another townie because it was so easy last time.
By the way. It sounds right now like you are trying to prepare for what happens after TDS is lynched, which wouldn't be necessary if you were town and were legitimately convinced that he is mafia, because he is going to get lynched today. That is also why I suspect you.
Or, you know, I had been reading through the previous day and was convinced that you are scum.  Yes, I want to know what the charges are, because I have to play for the future: if TDS isn't mafia, I need to discover who is, and I can't do that without getting people to talk.  One way of doing that is requesting the charges against me, which, as proven, triggered you to talk to me.

Also, I'll give some reads when I get back.

This is my voice I use for talking outside of my gameplay.  It's kind of like an IC voice except that I don't give advice.  LARD and Graknorke, I would just like to congratulate you two for playing really well this game.  I wish I could say the same for the last two beginners, but one of them got themselves lynched out of the blue and the other is... absent.  Regardless, it's great to see you two playing so well: certainly better than I did my first day of playing :P.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31