Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Game Over! Town win!  (Read 77857 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Day 2! 1 Replacement Needed.
« Reply #255 on: March 08, 2014, 07:41:51 pm »

Very well.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Day 2!
« Reply #256 on: March 08, 2014, 09:29:31 pm »

This does not necessarily have to end up at LyLo if I am wrong; there's either a rolecop or a jailor here somewhere; having either one pushes back LyLo by at least another day.
TDS: You failed to address any salient points in my argument, or those of other people.  I know you are likely busy, but why bother throwing up a post so devoid of pertinent content.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLV: The Terminators: Day 1!
« Reply #257 on: March 08, 2014, 09:54:06 pm »

Day 2 proceeds...

[1] 4maskwolf: TheDarkStar
[2] TheDarkStar: 4maskwolf, mastahcheese

Day 2 will last until Wednesday 12:00 PM MST.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 08, 2014, 10:03:41 pm »

Ok guys, I have a plan.

Since some of you are adverse to the whole "lynch one, then the other" plan, how about this?

We lynch one, and our power role target the other?
We have to have either a jailer or a cop, maybe both. When we lynch one, then our power role inspect the other, and if it turns out that we were wrong, then our power role will say so?

I realized while typing this that if we are wrong, then the scum would probably just claim to be the power role. Hmm.

What do you think of my points against 4maskwolf?
I think they fail to take into account about 90% of the things he's done so far.
He's made much better points than you have so far.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 08, 2014, 11:01:12 pm »

See, here is my conundrum.

I am almost certain that one of 4maskwolf and TDS are mafia. But things just don't add up.

The mafia plan went as follows: Tiruin and LARD are fighting, so we kill the IC and blame it on the newb who is less able to defend himself. Then in the morning, declare it by voting him. As I have said before, it would have been a better idea to kill Graknorke or Mastacheese, so the mafia is probably more of a new player.

4maskwolf is a more experienced player, so why would he nk Tiruin and blame it on me, who is basically in the clear. (assuming that fact. We don't have to, but it might be a good idea) That would be a huge mistake for the mafia, although a normal townsperson could still make that mistake.

TDS seems a bit more likely to be mafia as he looks like he is panicking at this point, but he seems to be a thoughtful player and I can't see why he would try to pull a dumb mafia stunt like that.

I, as the most likely town, (I think) would like to request protection during tomorrow night. That should give the mafia a WIFOM to deal with at least. (I don't know if that was a good idea)

And thank you, 4maskwolf, for this. It's not original, but it made me laugh too.
Also, LARD, your sig made me laugh.
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 08, 2014, 11:10:47 pm »

See, here is my conundrum.

I am almost certain that one of 4maskwolf and TDS are mafia. But things just don't add up.

The mafia plan went as follows: Tiruin and LARD are fighting, so we kill the IC and blame it on the newb who is less able to defend himself. Then in the morning, declare it by voting him. As I have said before, it would have been a better idea to kill Graknorke or Mastacheese, so the mafia is probably more of a new player.

4maskwolf is a more experienced player, so why would he nk Tiruin and blame it on me, who is basically in the clear. (assuming that fact. We don't have to, but it might be a good idea) That would be a huge mistake for the mafia, although a normal townsperson could still make that mistake.

TDS seems a bit more likely to be mafia as he looks like he is panicking at this point, but he seems to be a thoughtful player and I can't see why he would try to pull a dumb mafia stunt like that.

I, as the most likely town, (I think) would like to request protection during tomorrow night. That should give the mafia a WIFOM to deal with at least. (I don't know if that was a good idea)

And thank you, 4maskwolf, for this. It's not original, but it made me laugh too.
Also, LARD, your sig made me laugh.
LARD...
While I thank you for considering me to be so experienced, you realize that this is my third non-bastard game on the forums, right?
On another note, I don't entirely agree with your mafia logic.  Once you were in the clear, why in all flavor of damnation would they try that, particularly under advice from a rather skilled (if a little too trusting) scum ic.
My hypothesis is that the scum (TDS) is scared.  He started with a vote on you to seem like town (there was another vote on you), but then was reminded by NQT of the MASSIVE stupidity of that move and backpedaled HARD.  Thus the sudden reversal in logic.  So he instead begins making a mountain out of a molehill and going after a relatively inactive player, which leads to his obvscumness being revealed.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 08, 2014, 11:34:10 pm »

1. What is it that makes you the most likely town? I actually find you a bit suspicious on just how much you're saying "look at what a bad kill that was, I would never do that".
2. What makes you so sure we even have a jailkeeper to protect you?
The Derail Thread

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 09, 2014, 12:18:09 am »

4maskwolf I agree that the mafia logic is flawed, that's my point. Tiruin was probably the second worst person to NK because his death would cast suspicion on me, who is standing pretty well. Thanks for admitting that you're not that experienced, but it doesn't help your case because the NK was probably and evidently by a inexperienced scum. I had forgotten about the scum IC. That changes things. Hmm, I'll have to think about that.

mastahcheese  I agree that I am not confirmed town. But nobody else was attacking Solymr until he subbed and I didn't have much to go on.  It would have been a terrible idea to bus on the first night, especially for someone prone to being suspicious like me.  I'm a new player, so even though I know about bussing, I wouldn't have tried it on my first round. You'll have to take my word for it ;D. I understand your suspicions on me for saying, "I would never do that." But I will emphasize in my defense that I went for Solymr without any pressure or instigation from anyone else, and I didn't push that hard even when everybody was jumping on EHF.  In short, I believe that the two votes on me right after the death of Tiruin are far more suspicious than my possible bussing, but all suspicions should be acted upon, so I encourage you to dig deeper.

I don't have any reason to believe that there is a jailkeeper, my post only will make the mafia think twice about who they attack and it should also confuse them.
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 09, 2014, 12:22:46 am »

4maskwolf I agree that the mafia logic is flawed, that's my point. Tiruin was probably the second worst person to NK because his death would cast suspicion on me, who is standing pretty well. Thanks for admitting that you're not that experienced, but it doesn't help your case because the NK was probably and evidently by a inexperienced scum. I had forgotten about the scum IC. That changes things. Hmm, I'll have to think about that.
*Her.

Also will edit for general notes afterwards.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 09, 2014, 12:25:06 am »

What makes you so convinced that the Mafia would attack you?
I mean honestly, I feel rather suspicious of you, if they attacked you then I would actually have fewer suspects, which would make it easier to find scum.
The Derail Thread

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 09, 2014, 10:44:20 am »

Sorry about that Tiruin.

If I am not scum, I was saying that I would be the mafia's target because people have behavioral reasons to believe I'm not.  A person who most people think is town is likely to get nightkilled (I think) because they are unlikely to get lynched. I don't know what kind of answers you are looking for, mastahcheese but if you ask questions I will answer them the best I can.  I haven't ruled out the possibility of you being mafia, mastacheese.
What happened to the discussion between mastacheese and Graknorke?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 09, 2014, 02:16:04 pm »

I don't have any reason to believe that there is a jailkeeper, my post only will make the mafia think twice about who they attack and it should also confuse them.
LARD: You assume that you are standing pretty well, sir, which is perhaps a tad presumptuous.  Yes, you were the first one on the lynch of Solymr/EHF, but as soon as EHF switched in several other people joined in lynching him.  You then tell us NOT to bandwagon him in the first paragraph of this post and later both ask him some completely useless questions (like "how could you have read the last few pages and not know Tiruin was a she) and say that he is appreciated because he took the heat off of you.  While the last part is followed by an emoticon to signal a joke, this is the exact reason we need a miscellaneous thread: so that people can crack jokes like that.  I may set one up later.  It is entirely possible that you freaked when everyone started lynching EHF and maintained your vote to try and ingratiate yourself with the town.

Normally, I would consider you a close-to-guaranteed town for lynching scum, but you have proceeded to flaunt your supposed towniness in a way that makes me suspicious.  I'm willing to let it drop for now, but if TDS convinces me he isn't scum rest assured that I will review your case and bring it up.

Also, your WIFOM is more likely to confuse the town jailkeep (if there is one) than any scum player.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 09, 2014, 03:55:08 pm »

I don't see why the mafia would be framing LARD by killing Tiruin. By the end of the day most of the arguments had wound down. I expect it was a random, IC-based, or directly useful kill rather than one to make someone look bad. Because at the end of day 1 there wasn't really any conflict to exploit. Not that the lack of conflict stopped TDS from trying to pin it on LARD anyway.

LARD; I answered all of mastahcheese's questions and don't think he's scum, while he still thinks I'm scum but doesn't really have anything to ask.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 09, 2014, 05:03:11 pm »

TDS:  You've been active on the mafia forums (on an active game, no less) within the past hour.  Why have you not posted here?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 09, 2014, 07:54:35 pm »

Sorry about that Tiruin.

If I am not scum, I was saying that I would be the mafia's target because people have behavioral reasons to believe I'm not.  A person who most people think is town is likely to get nightkilled (I think) because they are unlikely to get lynched. I don't know what kind of answers you are looking for, mastahcheese but if you ask questions I will answer them the best I can.  I haven't ruled out the possibility of you being mafia, mastacheese.
What happened to the discussion between mastacheese and Graknorke?
Like you said, Grak wouldn't have killed Tiruin, he's smarter than that, and with the way he explained his case, I believe him, at least for now.
There's still the possibility, of course, but I don't think so.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31