Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Players to play AI war:Fleet Command!  (Read 21934 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Players to play AI war:Fleet Command!
« Reply #165 on: May 02, 2014, 04:18:25 am »

Yeah.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 02, 2014, 10:22:48 am »

Yup. Wouldn't be adverse to a smaller game if you didn't, too. Three person defense game, maybe. I keep wanting to play one of those multiplayer.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 02, 2014, 11:40:04 am »

I'd certainly be interested in a minigame. Also, that golem buff update happened, and included alt start for champs that has no nebulae. We could try that too.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 02, 2014, 01:02:16 pm »

And I thought you wanted to finish a Spire game. :P

But yes, if everyone wants to we can try the new changes and do a defense game.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 02, 2014, 01:36:59 pm »

I'd like to finish it, but bloody hell the lag is terrible with so many ships in minimum performance profile. I have ~20 fps, you've got double mine, frump has between an imaginary amount and 8, and gig is somewhere between frumple and you.
The only way to speed it up without literally speeding it up with +10 or the command I Do Not Have Time For This (which effects the timers in FS, changing them into testing ones that are supposedly very very short) or more cheats is to trigger the showdown devices, and those would only help the lag because it involves killing every AI ship in the game. Including the SF, the nemesi, and the strategic reserve. And 2 GCS.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 01:39:23 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 02, 2014, 06:08:03 pm »

I think we'll just have to start with less homeworlds in future.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 02, 2014, 06:35:29 pm »

Anyway, i was thinking about trying maws out during the minigame. How are they?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 02, 2014, 07:15:41 pm »

Pretty good, i think.

They have to be pretty close to work. I guess they'd be good for eating microswarms. Short ranged, though, and slow. good for defence, actually, since you park them under a forcefield by a wormhole and they start sucking up a couple of thousand ships.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 03, 2014, 02:13:46 am »

Pretty good, i think.

They have to be pretty close to work. I guess they'd be good for eating microswarms. Short ranged, though, and slow. good for defence, actually, since you park them under a forcefield by a wormhole and they start sucking up a couple of thousand ships.

They actually eat ships quite slowly.
At MK I/II/III/IV/V they eat a ship every 5/4/3/2/1 seconds.
If they eat weak ships they are less useful, but they can eat starships.
Having 5 MK 1's that can take out a starship every single second combined (with good enough micro) is pretty crazy.

Now, if you have them under a sheild they can just eat for ages (and a full set can eventually eat thousands of ships), but it takes quite a while, and they are more helpful the stronger enemy ships are on average.
E: Huh, according to the wiki, they can't swallow starships (although their description says that they should be able to) despite dissembler guardians being able to do so without a problem.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 03:17:15 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 03, 2014, 09:03:04 am »

Dissasembler guadians are specifically anti-starship. They only pewpew at fleetships.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 03, 2014, 04:59:41 pm »

Well, at anything they can't eat, anyway. They still tear inedible starships a new exhaust vent. Bloody things hit like a sledgehammer, even what they don't effectively instakill. You kill 'em with fleetships because they shoot slow, haha~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 03, 2014, 09:39:03 pm »

Among other things, the next update should be interesting whenever it gets done.
     Now when a carrier is fired upon, it passes that damage on to its contents. Basically as it takes fire you'll see its "number of units inside" counter tick down (while the carrier's health stays the same).
        Especially entertaining with massed photon-lance assault.
        Stuff dying inside the carrier still generates salvage according to the normal rules.
        As before, once it hits zero contained ships the carrier itself dies.

Since there's no longer a danger of destroyed carriers spawning something even worse, carriers are now always autotargeted.
        The toggle for enabling autotarget-carriers has been removed.

Warhead / Martyr Revisions
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 03, 2014, 10:38:33 pm »

Noes, my trolling of the AI is now nerfed.

Also, those are hardly the only interesting changes. The warhead+martyr ones are also interesting. Also, the AI had a problem where human forces moving away from a planet actually made the AI more passive, instead of aggressive.

Fixed a bug where the recently added "make the AI willing to accept worse offensive odds if..." logic (for when a certain % of the human's total strength was engaged, and for when a certain % of the human's mobile strength was abroad) was actually making it more timid rather than more bold. Sigh :)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 10:43:08 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 03, 2014, 10:46:33 pm »

Well yeah, but considering most of the problems we had previously were related to mass threat or *carrierpop*[A wild swarm of core guardians appear!], it was the most relevant bit.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 04, 2014, 09:02:43 am »

I hate to do this again, but I have to cancel.

Poor time management, basically. I have things I need desperately to do, and it's my own damn fault I'm out of time.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18