Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Players to play AI war:Fleet Command!  (Read 21923 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Players to play AI war:Fleet Command!
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2014, 09:34:28 pm »

1: Technology hates me (seriously, we spent at least 2 hours just trying to get my connection across Hamachi to work, and when it worked it was because of flukes).
We were able to play perfectly fine (mostly, unless there was a huge amount of ships) without hamachi before, and if anything I've had more networking issues with it than without. Not surprised there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2014, 09:37:23 pm »

The two three things I learned:
1: my shit will be wrecked if it werent for friends, and that i am incompetant
2:emoting(*) pretrends sacrificing printers causes fate to smile.

cookie clicker is our savior, everythime it went down, i played cookie clicker for a bit, and it worked!

and, I the hoster, doesnt know how to portforward, so half the time lemon hosted. :P
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2014, 09:47:07 pm »

Ah. I was the host at least half the time before because of portforward sorcery, despite having a laptop. And an AI War game wouldn't be a bad thing to test out my new comp once its fully setup sooner or later. :)

1: my shit will be wrecked if it werent for friends, and that i am incompetant
Then you need more turrets and miniforts. Maybe add some mines near the wormholes. Add Core Turrets if you have VotM on and have some of them captured. Possibly some fortresses too :)

Tractor turrets near your other turrets, Sniper turrets and spider turrets away from the gauntlet (they don't care about range) , all kinds of turrets arranged so the AI has to get shot up to pieces before it can reach your command center. Except counter-dark matter, those don't do a lot typically.  If theres crap-all for resources (or its going to get attacked frequently), consider a military station instead of an econ one.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2014, 01:31:57 pm »

Or poor, unloved, logistics station ;_;

Especially on top of some time manipulators, they can really help out on defense. Even moreso for the high level ones. Slowed enemy means more time for snipers and whatnot to shoot things up, or for reinforcements to arrive...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2014, 03:47:33 pm »

Snipers i have, mines i mostly have,  snipers i have, and tons of heavy laser cannons((Pew pew!)), but when 400 units come in against my 200 fleet, not much i can do.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2014, 03:58:11 pm »

You can always run away.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2014, 04:04:45 pm »

nope, home command station, we finished a hack and  lemons  home town fell, and shark B plot means it gets a extra 150 ships :c
I did not last long.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2014, 04:18:16 pm »

Snipers i have, mines i mostly have,  snipers i have, and tons of heavy laser cannons((Pew pew!)), but when 400 units come in against my 200 fleet, not much i can do.
The big lasers are useful, yes. But theres a reason you start with all those useful kinds of turrets unlocked, and that reason is more things shooting. (Also, some are stronger against some ships, etc) Spider turrets do engine damage along with being a second cap of snipers.

The heavy lasers can only fire so often, and you can't always rely on your fleet, thats why you get so many turret caps to use. And miniforts/core turrets are per-planet, so if you have the econ and available energy you can build them everywhere. (usually if you can't rely on your fleet, its because its busy being rebuilt).

shark B plot
Agh, shark plot. I don't like it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 05:27:29 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2014, 04:44:13 pm »

Oooh!

I'm looking for people to play this game with.

Brit here, so I'm in GMT +0. Not a huge amount of experience with the game (due to aforementioned lack of other players) but i wouldn't consider myself too bad.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2014, 04:52:32 pm »

If you're looking for people to play with, I suggest joining the B12 AI Wars steam group.

Also, experience doesn't matter too much. It's survivable even with rookies and forgetful/unlucky players.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2014, 05:25:40 pm »

Oooh!

I'm looking for people to play this game with.

Brit here, so I'm in GMT +0. Not a huge amount of experience with the game (due to aforementioned lack of other players) but i wouldn't consider myself too bad.
What expansions do you have?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2014, 05:29:19 pm »

All of them, i believe.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2014, 01:10:26 am »

All of them, i believe.
So you have all five of them?
nope, home command station, we finished a hack and  lemons  home town fell, and shark B plot means it gets a extra 150 ships :c
I did not last long.
Yeah, I was on a planet with quite a few wormholes, and the wave was quite a bit stronger then I expected, since the AI type was an artillery3 type and blew my station up through the shield.
As it turns out, shark B is a evil evil thing, and not only the skips that killed me, but also every other ship ever went and wiped out wer.

We started another match after that, this time we are trying a game on maze A setup (which has very long corridors). Since we ended up with two defensive AI types, every other planet seems to he eyes, and its really hard to bypass them.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2014, 04:31:15 am »

Spirecraft jumpshiiiiippppssss

They answer all problems. All of them.

For eyes, you use precision jumps to blow up all the guard posts in the system. Then the eye goes splat. The researchable spire starship is really good for that. Raids and the normal suspects (siege, bombers) can also do really well depending on the post you're blowing up. If you're abusing micropauses (well, pausing in general, really), you can very easily coordinate a simultaneous system-wide strike on all the guard posts. It's glorious~ One second there's nothing in the system, next second a full cap of starships have been dropped like the proverbial hammer, with functionally no transit time.

Jumpships are the best thing. Right up there with spirecraft scouts, which are ridiculous and wonderful, especially when used in conjunction with jumpships! and kinda' lag inducing when you've stuck one in every single system on the map >_>
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2014, 05:07:02 am »

Yeah, the problem right now is that we got a pretty nasty system. It not only has a eye (and a fortress), but two of the guard posts are under force fields, and one is itself a forcefield guardpost (so it has 160 million health, as well as being underneath a 160 million health shield). Not to mention that its a fairly tough system in general (preventing using a few starships to kill everything), in addition to having a fortress right in the middle.
I did just figure out how to kill them (involving the extensive use of rams), so it shouldn't be a problem much longer.

But yeah, jumpships are kind of ridiculous in general, what with you being able to use scouts in them to scout every system.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18