Poll

derp

gerr
- 17 (58.6%)
derp
- 12 (41.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Running with rifles- Now on Steam!  (Read 31845 times)

StudyHard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Running with rifles- Mass warfare simulator
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2014, 05:17:59 pm »

You can? heh my bad.
I mean the map that has a mosque in it! it was very awesome.

EDIT: if you guys ever play can we please do it on the Finland server? that's the only one I can connect to.

once a map is won, there are different extraction points showing up, after winning wake island you can either go to Al-Tabul (the one with the mosque if you extract from the airport) or to Stalemate (if you extract from the aircraft carrier).
Where are you from that you can only connect to ClassicEU? I can connect to at least every dedicated server actually.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2014, 05:33:46 pm »

I'm from Morocco, I should be able to join the UK one not the Finnish but I guess its opposite day or something.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2014, 06:05:32 pm »

I learned a couple more things while playing the campaign.

1) By crouching against a low wall or some other cover and firing (where it automatically makes you stand up and look over the cover as long as you can fire), you can shoot weapons that normally require going prone, like PKMs and M240s.

2) XP earned after the battle is over still counts. In a campaign mission, you can run around killing the enemies for free XP, and since knifing gives about ten times the XP of a normal kill... I made it to sergeant by knifing enemy POWs in the back. It was fun.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2014, 06:14:10 pm »

I made it to sergeant by knifing enemy POWs in the back. It was fun.
Just like in the real military!
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2014, 07:15:29 pm »

Wait so what server is everyone playing on?  I thought there was only NA and EU, then I'm seeing mentions of a Finland server.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2014, 07:32:04 pm »

Its called classicEU and country: Findland.
You can only see two servers? I can see five.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2014, 07:47:53 pm »

No I haven't bought the game yet.  I'd only buy if there is a lot of people playing on the same server together.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2014, 09:54:43 pm »

Played a short game online, I noticed that vests are actually very useful, not for protection mind you; but for the experience it gives when healed.

The problem is that I just don't feel that it's worth the RP cost, maybe they came in a pack for you and other players to pick up.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 10:11:54 pm by Blaze »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2014, 10:46:01 pm »

Er...maybe my friend and I downloaded the wrong thing...but absolutely nobody is in multiplayer except us. Are the servers empty?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2014, 11:08:54 pm »

They are in fact empty, as the server list indicates. The game simply isn't that popular, unfortunately. I saw you playing on the server list earlier but I wasn't in the mood to play.

StudyHard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2014, 04:58:32 am »

Played a short game online, I noticed that vests are actually very useful, not for protection mind you; but for the experience it gives when healed.

The problem is that I just don't feel that it's worth the RP cost, maybe they came in a pack for you and other players to pick up.

If you aren't being hit very often, then it definitely is. If you are hit every few seconds anyway, then you might consider it as waste of resources indeed :)
In coop, at least for me it's more than worth it. I always have one on me and one in my backpack. I usually replace it once they have 1 hole on it. As I often loot valuables, the RP amount isn't a big deal.
When I play against humans, then it's different as you usually don't survive that long, which makes me think twice if I want to spend money on a vest or not.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2014, 05:56:04 am »

Yeah I tend to get killed quick.  :P

Am I supposed to be with the main unit or act as a detachment?

Also just found out you can heal wounded enemies as well, they're still hostile though.

Then again, nothing stops you from knifing them immediately after, for even more XP.

StudyHard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2014, 07:02:27 am »

It's up to you and your playstyle. In RWR the advantage is that you are free to do whatever you want (which was the main aspect for me to buy the game back then).
I often try to go as lonewolf or with a few squamates behind the enemy lines to try to slow the enemy flow down a bit so that your allied troups have easier time to advance. Though it completely depends on the map. On other tactic is to take the armored truck and to backdoor a base far away from the battle. If you place the vehicle at a safe distance from enemies you can respawn at the truck after death if you happen to fail. Equipped with a suppressed weapon might be an advantage in this case as if the enemy hear you they are alerted and you might have hard times :)

Also just found out you can heal wounded enemies as well, they're still hostile though.
Then again, nothing stops you from knifing them immediately after, for even more XP.

Hah, you need to be quick as they might stab you before you do, after healing :)
Never tried this though, so you get a nice healing bonus XP and a knifing bonus on top of that, smart! :D

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2014, 07:15:26 am »

It's actually really easy to knife them, I've done it at least 16 times already.

My campaign xp is at 9000+.

Also I FINALLY figured out the cover system. I've been relying on going prone until now.

My K:D Ratio has shot up to 16:1.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2014, 07:19:50 am »

It's up to you and your playstyle. In RWR the advantage is that you are free to do whatever you want (which was the main aspect for me to buy the game back then).
I often try to go as lonewolf or with a few squamates behind the enemy lines to try to slow the enemy flow down a bit so that your allied troups have easier time to advance. Though it completely depends on the map. On other tactic is to take the armored truck and to backdoor a base far away from the battle. If you place the vehicle at a safe distance from enemies you can respawn at the truck after death if you happen to fail. Equipped with a suppressed weapon might be an advantage in this case as if the enemy hear you they are alerted and you might have hard times :)

This is the exact thing I do! It worked on the Wake Island map when after taking the airfield and losing it a few times I got tired of it and just took my squad and swam from Wake SW to WAKE NE, amazingly we managed to take over the area and hold off the attackers until the rest of the troops took out the enemies boxed in between us then headed in our direction to continue on to the enemy's front yard, I can go as far as saying that if it wasn't for my glorious leadership and the bravery of my AI squad mates the battle would have went on for a longer time  ;D

It's actually really easy to knife them, I've done it at least 16 times already.

My campaign xp is at 9000+.

Also I FINALLY figured out the cover system. I've been relying on going prone until now.

My K:D Ratio has shot up to 16:1.

Wow! man how did you manage to get it that high? I have died 400 times and have only managed to kill 900 enemies!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15