Poll

derp

gerr
- 17 (58.6%)
derp
- 12 (41.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Running with rifles- Now on Steam!  (Read 31818 times)

Chronomancer

• Bay Watcher
  • save.us_Y2J
    • View Profile
Re: Running with rifles- Mass warfare simulator
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2014, 08:19:00 pm »

Buying now, ptw.
I LOST THE GAME

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2014, 08:51:05 pm »

Played with 2 other bay12 guys, was fun! Studyhard was there, and someone by the name of O-whatever. Good times were had.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2014, 10:25:26 pm »

So there's a persistent campaign world with 2 sides?  Sounds good in theory but how well implemented is it?  Is it like in Red Orchestra 2's multiplayer campaign servers where you fight over sections of land and choose a map to signify that piece of land?  Also, does the US server go down often? 

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2014, 10:34:47 pm »

There is a persistent campaign on a server to server basis. The campaign is  3 sided. And it's pretty much what red orchestra is like except each piece of land has its own map. So you don't choose the map.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2014, 10:41:13 pm »

O whatever? Interesting

If we get more people playing we can get some good games running, maybe even some PvP fun =p
Playing invasion alone is pretty tedious, it seems every enemy is high rank and wears body armor while almost none of your guys wear armor and have high rank so they steal all your squaddies from you.

EDIT: I wasn't able to join the US server so I was playing on the Uk server

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2014, 10:42:34 pm »

That sounds good enough, I think I'll buy it too.  You guys going to play tonight?  What are your timezones?

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2014, 10:56:19 pm »

I'm EST, so no more play today. But I can play tomorrow. Right now we don't have much in terms of servers because the game is not on steam yet. It's been greenlit and the dev says it should go out soon.

Also, I suggest we all add [B12] infront of our names for easy identification.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2014, 01:51:16 pm »

I just bought this game, and I'm going to play SP for a bit longer and build up some skill before going online. Bots set at 90% Accuracy is a decent emulation correct?

How does one throw grenades on top of buildings? I generally end up blowing myself up when I try.
How do I use a medkit? And what do I do with things like cigarettes and gems?
Also, the armory/stash doesn't seem to work for some reason. Is there some trick to it?

Does XP/Rank carry from server to server?

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2014, 02:06:14 pm »

Can only connect to the classic EU server in Finland, when I try to join any of the other servers it says:

Connected.
Online terminated.

can someone help me?

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2014, 02:09:23 pm »

I just bought this game, and I'm going to play SP for a bit longer and build up some skill before going online. Bots set at 90% Accuracy is a decent emulation correct?

How does one throw grenades on top of buildings? I generally end up blowing myself up when I try.
Also, the armory/stash doesn't seem to work for some reason. Is there some trick to it?

90% accuracy is going to be hell, trust me.

You can't throw grenades over building  but you can throw them on buildings to take out anyone hiding on top, you can't do this if you're right next to the building, you have to be about 6-7 meters away.

I haven't been able to use the med kit on my self but I was able to use it on wounded buddies, it gives a good sum of experience too.

For the Armory and stash to work you have to press the pick up button and hold on to it until the inventory pops up.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2014, 02:47:53 pm »

It IS hell, but so is multiplayer so it's good practice. Just barely keeping a 5:1 KD ratio right now.

Just found out that MGs can fire over waist-high barriers and can be fired without going prone when doing so. Things are looking up.

StudyHard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2014, 02:58:56 pm »

InvasionUS is indeed unreachable, gonna contact the devs about it
edit: they restarted it.

Servers hosted by the community aren't always reachable as it seems a lot don't have in mind to forward the port needed.... It's happening relatively often unfortunately.

90% is very low. I'd suggest you to play to start the campaign on "easy" as it should be easy enough without the enemy being totally terrible at aiming. An important tip is to drag the crosshair in the direction where you are moving or where you think enemies could come from. In this case you are "warned" soon enough and can rely on your detection advantage over the AI. Newbies also tend to not take cover too serious, but cover is one of the most important thing in this game.
But ya, you can just play some invasion online, as it's coop you don't have to be scared to get owned by veterans :)

I modded a bit stuff in RWR (very modable game btw) so I know how grenade trajectories work (at least I think so lol). When you place your crosshair on a building top, the trajectory will be so that the apex will be in the mid of the line between you and the crosshair. So if you don't do it right (you'll get the feeling after a while), the trajectory might interfere with the collision model of the building. Also notice that you can't throw a grenade on too high roofs, 3 floors are about the maximum height.

medikit is a support item, you swap between main weapon and support item/secondary by pressing "B" (see control options). When you have a medkit in your hand, then just press keep LMB pressed and it will heal a wounded comrade right in front of you and consume the medikit.
Only soldiers who are wearing vests can get wounded, eg healed.

About valuables (the different objects dropped by dead soldiers) can be picked up by pressing "F" and they go directly to the backpack. Keep in mind that when you die with valuables in your backpack those will be dropped. So if you have a really valuable item, better go put it in your stash for later use or sell it at the armory.

You need to keep "F" pressed to open the inventory. When you are in front of an armory or a stash you can interact between your inventory, the backpack and the stash/armory which are on the left side. You might think that the stash doesn't work because if it's empty it just doesn't show anything on the left side.

for invasion / campaign the profiles are persistent, just make sure when you create your nick on the server to use a password to avoid other people playing with your profile.
Classic servers don't have persistent profiles, those are getting reset after mapchange.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 03:13:08 pm by StudyHard »

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2014, 03:51:17 pm »

Completed the third map! IT WAS AWESOME!

StudyHard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2014, 04:23:54 pm »

Third map? There isn't a third map if you play the campaign as you can choose your progression route after the second map.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2014, 04:28:12 pm »

Third map? There isn't a third map if you play the campaign as you can choose your progression route after the second map.

You can? heh my bad.
I mean the map that has a mosque in it! it was very awesome.

EDIT: if you guys ever play can we please do it on the Finland server? that's the only one I can connect to.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:02:38 pm by Lt_Alfred »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15