Poll

derp

gerr
- 17 (58.6%)
derp
- 12 (41.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Running with rifles- Now on Steam!  (Read 31848 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Running with rifles- Mass warfare simulator
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2014, 04:55:54 pm »

It works now, thanks.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2014, 05:55:24 pm »

Got it to work, found another player (Blaze) but he disconnected before I could find him.

He got back in while I was posting this, he killed me about four times I think and I got him back twice :) it was fun.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 06:11:38 pm by Lt_Alfred »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2014, 06:25:22 pm »

Blaze here.

Since we got deadlocked in the trenches, I switched tactics. I grabbed a dropped M240 and slowly worked my way through sending troops forward while I covered their advance with machine gun fire.

Inevitably though, I'd get killed, the entire spearhead would collapse, and I'd have to start over again.

After about 5 attempts of this I got dc'd by lousy internet. Still, made 7k xp in this one round.

The AI routine in this game really needs work. I'd send my troops to some cover and they'd run around uselessly for about 15 seconds and get shot down.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 06:27:34 pm by Blaze »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2014, 06:41:09 pm »

Yeah, the AI is weird. They like to stand on the wrong side of cover, run over their allies with frightening consistency, vault over the same segment of wall over and over while getting shot at, and stand around like idiots when their territory is being captured. To make up for this, they're capable of bailing out of a vehicle just about to get hit by a missile and surviving it, instantly turning to shoot you in the face, and are capable of dropping to prone to fire their LMG instantly. What a strange battlefield.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2014, 08:04:11 pm »

Oh aye such a sexy game. :3 I've been playing on the same map for 5 hours and am just slowly losing! :D I also once got 192 kills before dying  :P I was laughing so much. xD
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
Re: Running with rifles- New bay 12 server!
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2014, 10:38:14 am »

After playing a while I have realized that tanks cannot survive a full 8 volley artillery bombardment.If you call one in just run.
Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

StudyHard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2014, 10:57:40 am »

After playing a while I have realized that tanks cannot survive a full 8 volley artillery bombardment.If you call one in just run.

haha yes, if 3 shells hit the tank at full health he is down. You should try level II artillery strike (not mortar strike), it fires 160 shells in total, that's sick and even Chuck Norris wouldn't survive that :)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2014, 01:28:05 pm »

Walls are so deadly, I wonder why the UN haven't banned them yet. Seriously, just crouch behind one, and as long as you have bullets to shoot at the enemies that jump it, you're fine. It's ridiculous. I wish they implemented destructible terrain, that would solve some of this.

Also, how good is the vest in solo mode? Can I semi reliably count on the AI to patch me up?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

StudyHard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2014, 01:48:03 pm »

Also, how good is the vest in solo mode? Can I semi reliably count on the AI to patch me up?

I play the campaign 99% of the time with a vest on me and often 1-2 in my backpack. If I get wounded (I often exchange my vest once it has 1-2 holes in it) I get patched up most of the time, just make sure to crawl around the corner so that you are protected. The AI follows the Geneva convention to not kill wounded soldiers but they might throw grenades at the medic, that's why it can be dangerous if you don't crawl into cover. If I am alone somewhere then I crawl away to keep the distance and make a paratrooper drop with the hope that there is a medic among them. A Vest costs 40 RP, which sounds pretty expensive at first but you get RP relatively fast by spotting enemy vehicles, capturing and selling valuables.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2014, 01:59:37 pm »

Walls are so deadly, I wonder why the UN haven't banned them yet. Seriously, just crouch behind one, and as long as you have bullets to shoot at the enemies that jump it, you're fine. It's ridiculous. I wish they implemented destructible terrain, that would solve some of this.

I agree totally on the first part, oh boy! how many times have I held an entire area alone just by crouching behind walls in the middle of the street!

The vests are good, I find that they protect you from death twice then on the third you need a medic and only when I have medics on my squad do I actually get help, I'm not sure if it also happens if another squad's medic is near you.

StudyHard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2014, 03:09:39 pm »

I agree totally on the first part, oh boy! how many times have I held an entire area alone just by crouching behind walls in the middle of the street!

The vests are good, I find that they protect you from death twice then on the third you need a medic and only when I have medics on my squad do I actually get help, I'm not sure if it also happens if another squad's medic is near you.

For defense purpose it's good, but that doesn't make you advance :)

about the medic, it doesn't matter if the medic is on your squad or not, as soon as there is a medic of your own faction not too far away.

StudyHard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2014, 05:01:55 pm »

yeees, nice news!

https://www.facebook.com/RunningWithRifles

in one week the servers will smoke hopefully :)

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2014, 03:41:00 pm »

Getting on steam in less than a week!!!!!!

http://www.modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1549

Hopefully the server will be more used.
Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2014, 07:26:23 am »

So I just got my sergeant's stripes and have killed about 700 enemies in campaign mode, with my KDR of about 3.5 overall (although it's also because I died a lot in the beginning). And we're still fighting between East Beach and East Town. Sometime they advance a bit, sometime we do, but we've been fighting along that wall for like " hours now.

Do I need to get better? Is this normal? Are there things I need to do to lower enemy spawn rate or something?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2014, 07:28:39 am »

I find that's pretty normal, I've been deadlocked in the ruins behind a few rocks for the last few days.

You can circle around and try to keep a few occupied while your allies catch up.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15