Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35

Author Topic: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 6: Game Over, Town victory!  (Read 56879 times)

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile

That's how my role blocks work, I give work orders that keep you working busy for the entire night, making you unable to act or use abilities. And note that I can confirm that I used my role block on you, and there was no kill from the mafia team or the thirds, ( granted the vigilante didn't kill but that's justified ) therefore you are mafia or ANOTHER third since the third claimed. RIP.
Except for the gaping flaw in your argument that a person can only take one night action. I tried to investigate Tiruin. If I were scum, why would I use a NK as my action, when mine is pretty valuable, when I can delegate it to the other survivor?

There are two surviving mafia members running around. Perhaps they're having trouble communicating what they want done, and no one carried out the NightKill. For example, what if one, such as Tiruin were to lie about investigating his fellow scum buddy, and try and mark herself and him as townies? What if such players where to preoccupied in their own schemes to communicate effectively who was to complete the actual NightKill? I say that fits pretty well.

Oh, and I voted beating, since I was unsure as to his alignment, since he hasn't been playing. It seems Tiruin an someone else did also, but for different reasons. Perhaps to have a lesser punishment for their friend, in the hopes of his return?
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

IG: Out of all people who massclaimed-what do you have to say about your action?

WO
That's how my role blocks work, I give work orders that keep you working busy for the entire night, making you unable to act or use abilities. And note that I can confirm that I used my role block on you, and there was no kill from the mafia team or the thirds, ( granted the vigilante didn't kill but that's justified ) therefore you are mafia or ANOTHER third since the third claimed. RIP.
Except for the gaping flaw in your argument that a person can only take one night action. I tried to investigate Tiruin. If I were scum, why would I use a NK as my action, when mine is pretty valuable, when I can delegate it to the other survivor?
Interesting...instead of noting anything regarding his argument, you denounce it and push forward your own, then fallback on what you believe you did instead of focusing on what IG said.

WhitiusOpus. Your premise is arguable, but it doesn't stand to reason that you could've done the NK yourself, and got roleblocked, rather than-oh, say-leave it to the others who have such active power roles than the massclaimants in the list.

What list you ask?

So.
We've:
[Active] Pufferfish - Militia Captain; One Pure Protect/NK
[Active] TheDarkStar - Mason Guild Rep. He can Block and Protect - one shot each.
[Active] Persus13 - Militia Captain; One pure Protect/NK; ALSO A BLOODY VAMPIRE.
[Active] Tiruin - Mayor, Investigates people for loyalty
[Passive] Deathsword - Captain of the guard
[Active] Imperial Guardsman - Duh.
[Active] WhitiusOpus - Bookkeeper; Tracker

On a hilarious note: I like SBC's honesty towards himself...

Persus: Explain again how you say you didn't use your Militia Captain skills but were able to Kill?
Also, that means ONE KILL IS NOT ACCOUNTED FOR POST-N2 if we are to assume one was a NK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Count up, we've 7 people left. 2 are scum. 2 are town, sans any Godfather notice who are removed below.
I'll bring up a crucial piece of evidence.
Beat: 3
Jail: 0
Hammer: 1
4 people voted.
Now, taking in TDS, Tiruin, WhitiusOpus, Persus13 and IG; given that DS and Pufferfish are totally AWAY, it is believable that Persus did not vote and TDS, Tiruina and WO claimed Beating.
It matches.
But the case above follows (removed TDS/IG); setting up a hypothetical scenario:

[Active] Pufferfish - Militia Captain; One Pure Protect/NK -- Best presumed, AFK.
[Active] Persus13 - Militia Captain; One pure Protect/NK; Third-party Vampire? - Third-Party
[Active] Tiruin - Mayor, Investigates people for loyalty
[Passive] Deathsword - Captain of the guard
[Active] WhitiusOpus - Bookkeeper; Tracker

If Persus' claim is to be believed (sans any Godfather TDS), then we've got 4 people of great suspicion. We've 1 unaccounted kill--if a doublekill from the Mafia, then its quite a power and plausible in this scenario: Both Militia Captains claimed to not have used their kill.
It could also be presumed that pufferfish didn't act last night due to his general AFK'ness, so he's out-but rather, could be scum too, given the list of probable suspects.
I list myself out due to:
> Nobody counterclaiming my face.
> ...Ehh, listing myself out.
I'd also list Deathsword out of the equation due to how he conformed to the rule of being replacement-requesting...

Either way, I am leaning on a case of 1 active scum left, and 1 afk scum, if and unless Persus is a lying bloodsucker.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For example, what if one, such as Tiruin were to lie about investigating his fellow scum buddy, and try and mark herself and him as townies?
Also I loooove the pronoun shifts here...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also get back in here Persus and everyone else - the former is unexcused for lurking and the latter is just letting the game die.

Persus: Why did you kill in N2?
Also, what kind of kill was that?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EBWOP
Tiruin:
Persus
...Riiight.
Tiny query on your miscalculations, based on your answer here, you struck AT TWO NIGHTS instead of the 3, claimed, then your motive is in question, that you base how good the kill is on the result?

"Vampire Survivor" surely means kill--Since when did you ever say about a Protect, and even WATCHING a protect, huh?
I struck a night early because I was concerned about my kill costing us the game.
Which 'us' is that, pertaining to my question above?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

IG: Out of all people who massclaimed-what do you have to say about your action?
My actions in play or my roles action? For the former, I am pretty content with this, other than failing to notice the flaw that Whitius pointed out. Unvote Whitius Opius. My roles action, I have never been a roleblocker before. I am trying to use it to the best of my inhibitedability, but I seem to be having trouble. I am juggling 2 games and some quick games on EpicMafia, so that counts towards this.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile

I love how Tiruin posted five times in a row, while me, her and Guardsman are the only ones remotely active. I also call a general GTFIH.

For example, what if one, such as Tiruin were to lie about investigating his fellow scum buddy, and try and mark herself and him as townies?
Also I loooove the pronoun shifts here...
Sorry :P

On another note, how was I supposed to respond to IG's argument? He called me scum. That is the basis of his theory. By providing an alternate theory, it gives reason that there is more than one. His accusation was that since he Roleblocked me, and no one died, it must obviously be me. I'm pointing out that there are other cases that could've occurred, even something similar to the no kill on N1.

Also, to add onto your general theory Tir, that kill could be accounted for by a N2 one-shot kill. It doesn't have to be a Vigilante.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Also get back in here Persus and everyone else - the former is unexcused for lurking and the latter is just letting the game die.

Persus: Why did you kill in N2?
Also, what kind of kill was that?

I killed N2 because:
1. I knew I had to use my kill by N3, and using it N2 may prevent me from causing a Lylo or causing town to lose the game.
2. Flabort seemed pretty scummy to me because of how he voted D2.
I used a vampire kill (as seen from the flavor).

Persus: Explain again how you say you didn't use your Militia Captain skills but were able to Kill?
Also, that means ONE KILL IS NOT ACCOUNTED FOR POST-N2 if we are to assume one was a NK.

Because I can kill and suck people's blood because I'm a vampire.
I also had my oneshot Militia Captain kill, but my understanding of that power was I could use it to kill or I could use it to protect, but not both. Since I used that protect last night, I can't use the militia kill. Which means someone hasn't claimed a vig kill.

Why wouldn't you say who you "protected"?
Because I was hoping that WhitiusOpus would be able to confirm whom I protected in the of case he followed me again tonight. I targeted WHitius Opus with my protect. I realize I should have probably protected Imperial, as he was the obvious scum target.
That's a pretty...narrow list of targets given your 'obvious' word.
Could you give a list on how many people you'd expect scum to target?
Imperial is the only player confirmed to be town currently present. If I were scum, I would have killed him last night. Killing anyone else (besides maybe Deathsword or myself) would eliminate suspects.

Unvote

Votecount please. All the lurkers means I can't keep track of who is playing currently.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On another note, how was I supposed to respond to IG's argument? He called me scum. That is the basis of his theory. By providing an alternate theory, it gives reason that there is more than one. His accusation was that since he Roleblocked me, and no one died, it must obviously be me. I'm pointing out that there are other cases that could've occurred, even something similar to the no kill on N1.
...Because you targeted the claimed cop, for one? I mean, if you're going to poke the Cop, then poke the rest of her case...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile

Votecount:
Whitius Opus: Tiruin
Tiruin: Whitius Opus

No vote: everyone else

Day ends in a little over an hour.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I'd be alright with a Tiruin or a WhitiusOpus lynch, but I have to go with Tiruin.

Oh wait, I haven't used my extend yet, right?

Everyone: Your top scumpick and case on why they are scum. NOW.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile

Day has been extended until 8 pm Pacific Time Friday.  The mod wishes those players who actually play a nice day.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd be alright with a Tiruin or a WhitiusOpus lynch, but I have to go with Tiruin.
I already did Persus.
You seem to be ignoring my statements entirely.

Explain the statement above, bloodsucker.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day has been extended until 8 pm Pacific Time Friday.  The mod wishes those players who actually play a nice day.

I'll post to have a nice day.

I think Persus13 should be lynched, since he seems to be a SK.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35