Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35

Author Topic: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 6: Game Over, Town victory!  (Read 56976 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 3: I beg to dream and differ
« Reply #360 on: March 28, 2014, 10:42:00 pm »

No, that (him thinking Tiruin is scum) makes sense in context...probably due to the comparison he put there. My post there was intentionally vague. :P

But it was targeted at 'how is that a retaliatory vote'? I'm experimenting with brevity.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 29, 2014, 12:26:59 am »

Extend Unvote.

Persus13: Tiruin has been giving off a strong town feel, while you seem to be... Not lurking, but not active scum hunting. What drove you to do what you did last night, and why did you choose to drain flabort of blood, you dirty, dirty, VAMPIRE!
O_o
If he drained his blood, why did you mention it only now?
I was going to save this information for a later date, once everyone had become more active (as I mentioned previously) but I'm posting it now to try and spur the game on. I hand been saving it so that I could get a better feel on people's reactions, but seeing how no one is reacting, here it is. Last night, I followed Persus13 and found him murdering flabort. Of course, you have only my word for this, but it's the truth.

Quote from: Tiruin
Also3: Why is nobody else talking?
I'm trying to get them talking :/

You know, I would really post, but I'm waiting on evidence from Persus13 and Tiruin as to why I'm scum, and the reasoning behind keeping their votes locked on me. Know what? I actually have something -

Persus13: Tiruin has been giving off a strong town feel, while you seem to be... Not lurking, but not active scum hunting. What drove you to do what you did last night, and why did you choose to drain flabort of blood, you dirty, dirty, VAMPIRE!

This is simply a retaliatory vote. Also, why do you think Persus13 is scum?
Fixed that part about the Tiruin/Persus13 switch.
Two things.
One, I never said that they were scum, only the SK. I can only determine their action, not the role they play. Is it possible the serial killer is also scum? That could give them two kills a night.
Two, I don't think that he is the SK. I know so, since I followed him, and found him doing the above.

TDS: What makes you say this is a simple retaliatory vote, when I've given evidence to my role claim?
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 29, 2014, 01:39:26 am »

PFP
Extend Unvote.

O_o
If he drained his blood, why did you mention it only now?
I was going to save this information for a later date, once everyone had become more active (as I mentioned previously) but I'm posting it now to try and spur the game on. I hand been saving it so that I could get a better feel on people's reactions, but seeing how no one is reacting, here it is. Last night, I followed Persus13 and found him murdering flabort. Of course, you have only my word for this, but it's the truth.
Reacting to what?

Also why didn't you vote him back then when you could've done so (yet withheld the reason)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 30, 2014, 01:47:48 pm »

Unvote

Replacement request. Sorry, but I can't keep two games going as it is.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 30, 2014, 01:49:25 pm »

Unvote

Replacement request. Sorry, but I can't keep two games going as it is.
meh.  Okay.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 30, 2014, 06:58:37 pm »

I -LIKE- the level of activity we're having!

Persus13

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 30, 2014, 08:09:32 pm »

Why I thought WhitiusOpus was scum. He seemed like he was band wagon voting. However, on reading through his posts he seems a lot more like town then I thought. Newb town maybe, but still town. Now some of you are going "But he just accused you of murdering flabort. WHy are you saying he's town" Here's why.

I DID kill flabort

Allow me to reveal something else about my role. I am a third-party vampire survivor. I killed flabort because I thought from the vote distribution at the end of day yesterday that he was scum, and my role requirement that I kill every three nights to satisfy my hunger. (looks like I miscalculated). My goal is simply to survive to the end, and in my opinion I can do that best by helping town. My fear was that people would just be fearful of me if they knew the truth and try and lynch me, so I held that part of my role back, but since one person who I think is town has found me out and I don't want them to waste their vote on me, I'd better claim fully.

I'm lurking, it's just I haven't been able to pay much attention to this game because I take being an IC in BM as priority plus I was in my school musical which meant I would get home from school at around 9 to 11 PM, the past few weeks. Also in early March I was growing a little disinterested in Mafia, although since then I've been getting back into the swing of things. So I just haven't had time, not because of my role.

Superblackcat: I haven't heard from you in a while. You are almost as bad as me. Cases,
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 30, 2014, 08:13:21 pm »

Why I thought WhitiusOpus was scum. He seemed like he was band wagon voting. However, on reading through his posts he seems a lot more like town then I thought. Newb town maybe, but still town. Now some of you are going "But he just accused you of murdering flabort. WHy are you saying he's town" Here's why.

I DID kill flabort
Well THANK YOU for wasting my whole life.
Flabort was my N2 inspect!

...Ahaha no. Jiokuy was my N2 inspect. More out of clear reason to check what I saw as a veteran player from a long time ago than most--no definite reason than that.

And all my inspects are dead~

I DID kill flabort

Allow me to reveal something else about my role. I am a third-party vampire survivor. I killed flabort because I thought from the vote distribution at the end of day yesterday that he was scum, and my role requirement that I kill every three nights to satisfy my hunger. (looks like I miscalculated). My goal is simply to survive to the end, and in my opinion I can do that best by helping town. My fear was that people would just be fearful of me if they knew the truth and try and lynch me, so I held that part of my role back, but since one person who I think is town has found me out and I don't want them to waste their vote on me, I'd better claim fully.
How did you miscalculate?
It is DAY THREE.
Superblackcat: I haven't heard from you in a while. You are almost as bad as me. Cases,
He...does that thing. When he disappears.
Is lazy. :I

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 30, 2014, 08:27:49 pm »

I miscalculated because flabort was town.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 30, 2014, 08:35:56 pm »

. . .

I DID kill flabort

three nights
And you miscalculated because he...was town. And not anything else?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 30, 2014, 08:37:44 pm »

Timecount, votecount, Unvote
If you're the SK--You'll have to work with town to get to the bottom of this. If you're a survivor--then pick the side you know is winning (and it'd be seriously cheap if you pick scum :I)

Now tell me, how is WO town more than tracker-scum?

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 30, 2014, 10:07:37 pm »

First, let me Unvote.
I agree with you on the newb town bit, since this is actually the first mafia I've played  :P.

Also, what changed your mind after reading through my posts? Are you changing your opinion now only to backtrack, as that's what it looks like. It's almost as if the only reason you had was an assumption of bandwagoning, which now takes second priority to your role being blown wide open. Also, I noticed you haven't taken your vote off of me, even after saying I'm leaning town. Why?
Quote from: Persus13
Hmm... That makes sense. Sorta.

My investigate gives me the roles, but not the alignment, of people I inspect, so I have no way to know if you're truthfully stating that you're just third party survivor. This fits pretty neatly, though, if we reason the amount of players we have. Anyone have speculations as to the number of scum we have amongst us? So far, we have:
1 SK Vampire (Survivor)
1 Vigilante (Miscalculated as well?)
3 Scum
That leaves only three regular townies, without any kill abilities (Unless there's another 3rd party.)

Thoughts on this? Agreements? Contradictions?

PPE:

Timecount, votecount, Unvote
If you're the SK--You'll have to work with town to get to the bottom of this. If you're a survivor--then pick the side you know is winning (and it'd be seriously cheap if you pick scum :I)

Now tell me, how is WO town more than tracker-scum?
I agree, you should probably agree to work with town on this, as it gives us the ability to take out more than one scum at a time, if needed.

On another note, Tiruin how would it be 'seriously cheap'? It wouldn't really be a possibility unless the scum reveal themselves (or he decides to kill a confirmed townie tonight, which would just seal his fate the next day). For one, scum aren't winning, but we are at MyLo. (At least I think...) If we lynch a townie, then the scum have the ability to sway the vote and win, tomorrow, or at least tie it. I don't know about you, but that's kinda important to me.

Let me answer your question (even if it wasn't directed to me) with another question - Why would I reveal an SK who is apparently targeting townies, if I'm scum? How would that in any way be beneficial to me?
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 30, 2014, 10:17:30 pm »

On another note, Tiruin how would it be 'seriously cheap'? It wouldn't really be a possibility unless the scum reveal themselves (or he decides to kill a confirmed townie tonight, which would just seal his fate the next day). For one, scum aren't winning, but we are at MyLo. (At least I think...) If we lynch a townie, then the scum have the ability to sway the vote and win, tomorrow, or at least tie it. I don't know about you, but that's kinda important to me.

Let me answer your question (even if it wasn't directed to me) with another question - Why would I reveal an SK who is apparently targeting townies, if I'm scum? How would that in any way be beneficial to me?
*waves hands*
Hello. Rationalize it from the perspective of a third-party killer. You're THIRD PARTY. EVERYONE HATES YOU (though scum hate you more because even if they achieve their wincon over town, then they still have to get rid of the third party--BUT a survivor does not HAVE that option. A survivor can easily WIN it out with scum.)

Also what? Scum aren't winning? What makes you say that? Next: Wat? You say that scum have the ability to 'sway the vote and win'? That is fairly interesting given that the only ones who could do such (as I remember) are the Militia Captains [3 vote-shift thingy]. Weird how you say this as a certainty.

Let me answer your question with my question in your question: Why wouldn't you?
First of all, the SK thing is explained above. Second of all, if it's a survivor, then you get cred either way. He claimed up as a survivor? Hooray, now we've a vampire (who I'm GLAD doesn't sparkle) as a survivor-wildcard!

Now explain the personalism there. Why would, or should, I explain how it would benefit you instead of the town as a generality?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 30, 2014, 10:26:29 pm »

I do do that thing sometime when I disappear :\.

Usually not intentionally.

Arggh, and Whitius, you were my top scum pick :\.

Anyways, Tiruin, I protected Caz last night... In hopes that I would be able to get something out of him today, due to his inactivity. There wasn't that much thought process behind my protecting...

Vigs, should reveal themselves, they are helpful towards a towns cause, as long as they don't go crazy/berserk/keep killing for the fun of it.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 30, 2014, 10:27:01 pm »

Could we get prods on everyone?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35