Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35

Author Topic: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 6: Game Over, Town victory!  (Read 56904 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 3: I beg to dream and differ
« Reply #330 on: March 26, 2014, 08:14:48 am »

So why'd you pick Jailing given the ideas of D1?
Because I thought that Tawarochir was scum, but wasn't willing to actually bet on that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 26, 2014, 08:18:32 am »

. . .Reword please? I can't parse that right, now. :v

Mastahcheese:
Caz:
TheDarkStar:
Persus13:
Tiruin: Flabort, Persus13,
Deathsword (extend used):
Tawarochir: TheDarkStar, Jiokuy, Deathsword, Whitius Opus,
Flabort: Tawarochir, Tiruin,
WhitiusOpus: Superblackcat,
Jiokuy:
Superblackcat:
Judging by the 11 people playing, we hit a nice middle-line on that judgement, if your claim is to be scrutinized.

What did everyone vote during the twilight? I voted for a beating. Because if such is to be inferred, we've gotten a 7/6 to beating or so, sans any hammering votes.

tl;dr: Twilight voteclaim.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 26, 2014, 10:03:29 am »

I propose a Massclaim.

WhitiusOpus: I'd like to know why you did what you did last night.

Alright, I'll join a mass claim. I am the bookeeper, who is able to determine the night actions of one person per night/twilight.

As to your question, I believe your asking for my motives rather than what I did. I examined a certain person, to determine if their activity was to support the town, or to mislead the scumhunt. If you really want me to elaborate further, I could give the person and their action, but first I put it to you -

Tiruin: Why did you withhold your action last night?

Also, I voted for beating, as it was the best way to determine loyalty without much basis as to what team they were on. Town benefits from beatings and mailings, and only scum benefit from a lynching without almost complete assurance that the person is scum.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 26, 2014, 10:10:05 am »

Tiruin: Why did you withhold your action last night?
...Now I seriously doubt your claim given this statement's tense and wording.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 26, 2014, 10:17:09 am »

I withhold my action last night.

I was basing it off of this. Unless I misinterpreted it, I thought this means you withheld your action last night? I was merely asking why you chose to do this. Please point it out if I'm wrong. :/
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 26, 2014, 10:44:31 am »

withhold
withheld

...I do believe I am well-versed enough in English to notice the present/past tense of those words. :S

But I guess its my wording :v

What I'm saying is that I choose to withhold me telling who I acted upon in N2, due to two factors: psychological and empirical. Psychological due to how I structured my claim, making it in such a way that whom I targeted, and the scumteam in general, do not know whether or not what I say is directly correlated to what I'm saying in said post, and empirical by the fact that (and as a general structuring rule, as far as I know) when pushing for a Massclaim (instead of voicing the consensus of massclaiming) that you should claim yourself in order to make the motive apparent.

tl;dr: I'm not saying who I targeted last night until I check those notes on everyone else. Meaning, what did you do, WhitiusOpus? I do note that you didn't say what you did per night and choose to ask me my reason on withholding(?) instead.
Sup?

Also, Imperial Guardsman: I do believe you've something up your sleeve there for everyone?

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 26, 2014, 11:10:12 am »

-snip-

Oooh, sorry, I was assuming you meant you didn't act last night, not that you decided to not tell us who you inspected last night. My misinterpretation. Here, I'll put what I discovered these past nights -

N1 - From your vantage point, you watch TheDarkStar’s room for a while, but he never makes a move to leave.  As the night continues, you return to your room to sleep.
TheDarkStar took NO NIGHT ACTIONS.

This is the message I received the first night. Although, it doesn't really reveal much, as there was no NK that first night. Or deaths in general. It does show he took no night action, but might have taken a twilight one.

N2 - I think I'll follow your example, and withhold this information for the time being, seeing as not everyone has posted in response to this yet. But I do want to ask a question -

SBC: What did you take for your night action? Also, will you role claim?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 26, 2014, 11:22:49 am »

...I seriously hope you didn't copy paste what the mod says--while I'm unsure on that point (and with me being sure that copying a mod's words is against the rules and unsure on how creative you were in italicizing it in such a way that it appears generic), I'd append a 'Why did you pick that target'?

Saves time and questions. :P

Though on that observation--my best inference that N1 had the kill-teams set on standby to see whether there were others who would kill, given the ideas about the game, or rather they were blocked or such.
In which why I propose massclaim. :v

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 26, 2014, 11:44:15 am »

... For one, I don't see how copying a mods words would be against the rules, as long as it doesn't reveal any part of the action as leaning towards either side. I think.

Secondly, no, I did not copy it word for word, I summarized in a flavorful way, and used the same formatting.

Lastly, I picked that target because I was curious as to what TDS would do during the night cycle. It would give me a good indication of his role (if not outright telling it). As to why I chose TDS... I don't know. He seemed a viable option, and I don't really have any reason currently besides my preference at the time. Why did you examine mastahcheese?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 26, 2014, 03:49:05 pm »

I am the Manager. I can Roleblock.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 26, 2014, 03:49:45 pm »

Also, Imperial Guardsman: I do believe you've something up your sleeve there for everyone?
Yes. But no spoilers :D

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 26, 2014, 05:51:35 pm »

I haven't posted in a bit here; I'll try to fix that.

I am the Mason's Guild Representative. I have a one-use block and a one-us protect.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 26, 2014, 05:57:07 pm »

Everyone:
Don't push it.  Tiruin only got away with editing because she was editing out something that was not supposed to be there.  I'm refering to all of the rules, not just that one.  Including this one:

NEVER quote a mod pm.

Please read the rules and don't make me modkill you.  Opus is alive for one of the following reasons: either he is paraphrasing, he is outright lying, or I am being merciful.  Only he knows which.

You may continue your regularly scheduled game.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 26, 2014, 08:11:11 pm »

Tiruin: Why do you believe that a mass claim is going to have any effectiveness in hunting out scum, or the serial killer?

Regardless, I am a Militia Captain. I get one Pure Protect for the game.

I still have yet to use it.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 26, 2014, 08:11:50 pm »

Ack, I forgot to mention that it's a Pure Protect/Night kill.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35