Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35

Author Topic: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 6: Game Over, Town victory!  (Read 56986 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 2: Great Clouds roll over the hills
« Reply #240 on: March 16, 2014, 02:05:12 pm »

...In which you vote neither? Interesting concept of scum.

Now let me poke at your audacity, sir.

These quotes were the ones between two votecounts; the first had no votes for IG, and the second had 5. Yours were the first fingers pointing at him, with the BIG TEXT, and then...
And then what? Does the following back your case up of 'hey Tiruin is scummy/third-party'? Let's check.
He puts himself up as a martyr (True, we had no way of knowing for sure at the time, but still), and you twist this and throw it in his face. Mastahcheese tries to... "calm you down", for lack of better words. Then...
Ah, yes, he does.
However you miss the fact which you implicitly cited.
> Mastahcheese's post, which is left out, tells of what error is committed.
You don't seem to expound on that despite it being the case.

OH! But the ellipsis speaks!
You basically bash on him for his style of play. Frankly, I've seen this style of play before, it is the proven style of 1/3 playgrounders. I'm not saying it's the accepted norm here, but it's pretty much what I'm used to.
Mmm, interesting terminology. Uncited meaning. Playgrounders? I like that term. Out of context, it sounds crude.
And you say something regarding what the 'accepted norm' is here? What is your source? What is your backing?
"I've seen this style of play" doesn't tell anything other than you slipping in a subtle acknowledgement that you've seen some variance or style of what is presented, but doesn't explain in exacts.
However when you say 'proven'?
Interesting. It is proven without any explanation.
Very interesting.

Cruel words, man. Cruel.
This firstly comes off to me as some sort of appeal to emotion. Guilt-tripping. But I see you missed the point which mattered (see: above) so let's excuse that for a bit there.

Here you say you want to see an IG lynch whether you vote or not; you've unvoted, so as to fly under certain spreadsheet style radars, but this is a major scumslip if I've seen one. Then you lash out at TDS and IG for voting Tawa, whom is appearing scummier as we go.
And I learn more about you in the same, good sir!
You assume I did such and conclude straight out that I do such in this context? Unfathomable--and really, I do mean it so as it was never in my intent or motive.
What 'major' scumslip did I commit? Where did I "lash out" at TDS/IG?
Where is Tawa being 'scummier as we go'? As in, where in exact and why?
He just said he has a genetic flaw, probably autism or aspergers (like me) or down syndrome or any of a large list of reasons why he wouldn't be inclined to post long wordy explanations. And yeah, he was being sarcastic about being able to fix that, meaning he can't change that. So you rag on him some more.
I bloody know. So you get my note before you conclude.

Or preferably, ask.

flabort: I expect concise details from you here. Your points aren't coming off quite well explained and I see quite the avid sense of concluding before putting any questions forward to the person you speak about.

And I'd like some note here. How you relate your vote system 'with pressure' according to its purpose, thank you.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 16, 2014, 02:16:19 pm »

Quote from: superblackcat
Whitius Could we get some reasoning out of you, your play yesterday was completely, and utterly... BS. As much as I can't say you were lurking. You were lurking, and even worse, you were active lurking. Meaning you were actually there, and not posting. Tell me, did you have any reason, other than what everyone else said, to vote IG?

By yesterday, do you mean IRL or In-Game time? IRL I have very little internet access at home, so my weekend posts tend to drop a lot, as I don't have the time or the ability to really look, unless it's important. I don't understand how you believe that I was "Active lurking" if no one asks me a question, or answered my own.

Sorry if I'm explaining this terribly, the gist of it is that I guess I had no reason to post, as I was waiting on my questions to be answered, and had already answered the acusations pointed at me.

Quote from: mastahcheese
I find it funny that your explanation for why you'd join a vote is for the vague accusation of "scumminess", while ironically ignoring my accusation on you of joining the IG wagon for having an incredibly vague excuse, which, also ironically, is scummy.
Care to comment on this?

I joined on the "IG wagon" because it seemed the most apropriate thing to do. On D1, it is a good idea to try and find a likely suspect for traitor, and work from there. I don't think my excuse was vague, just... Simplistic. Granted, I should have explained myself better, but the shortness of IG's posts, and general lack of argument against his lynching other than "Lynch me and you'll find out!" was suspicious for me. I feel like I'm using that word alot :P.

anyway, mastahcheese: Care to explain why you'd vote me, other than an accusation of being vague, while ironically, being vague yourself?

Oh, and Tiruin - just shorten it however you want :P I didn't think that far through.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 16, 2014, 02:25:38 pm »

Judging by the most recent quotes, flabort looks very scummy right now.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 16, 2014, 02:33:10 pm »

Tawa: Explain why, and preferably (which is really advised), pick out why.
Why is he very scummy?
You're repeating that note about vagueness.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 16, 2014, 02:42:01 pm »

And I'd like some note here. How you relate your vote system 'with pressure' according to its purpose, thank you.
Sentence does not parse.

I'm sorry, my mother was distracting me while I was typing some of that so it doesn't come quite as clear as it was meant to.

1) When I say mastahcheese tries to calm you down, he does agree with your action, but says it's for a different reason. He says that you're going after the wrong aspect of IG's behavior.

2) Playgrounders: Those who play on the Playground. Specifically, Giant in the Playground Games forums.
Over on those forums, the game is called Werewolf, and a sort of Martyr Mentality is very common over there.

3) It is cruel. Hard words, even possible to consider the words "you disgust me" evil, along the same lines of "Retard", "fag", or "bitch".

4A) I know a lot of players on the Playground who keep spreadsheets of votes at the end of the day, so as to better locate scum. Your tactic of unvoting would screw those sheets up. Your "MAJOR SCUMSLIP" is saying you want a lynch that night, forming a bandwagon day 1. Which is one of the things I listed as wolfish - I mean scummy.

4B)
Tawarochir As IG was telling the truth as to his loyalty, what is your first thought?

That would be, "OHCRAPOHCRAPOHCRAP".
His later reply clears this up, but later...
You know, if so many weren't going after me or at least FoS'ing me, I'd think it was a coordinated mob effort.
Then what is it? Why, it's town wising up to scum behaviors and turning towards him.
Why is he very scummy?
Even you have said he's getting scummy... if I'm right about you, it's that you're warning him to tone it down.

5) I meant, there's no need to point out the sarcasm, no need to be mean about whatever he may have.

nd I see quite the avid sense of concluding before putting any questions forward to the person you speak about.
This sentence does not parse.

Anyways, Unvote TDS, vote Tiruin.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 16, 2014, 03:00:36 pm »

Sentence does not parse.
Note 1
So tell me how this relates, at all, with Note 2.
You gave him nothing but a vote in red. That's it.
How can you expect what is in the second note to matter at all? As in, why do you ask TDS questions about him to analyze his own personality for you?
Pretty straight forward.

1) When I say mastahcheese tries to calm you down, he does agree with your action, but says it's for a different reason. He says that you're going after the wrong aspect of IG's behavior.
Though he was right. I did read it wrong--as said by the follow-up quote he did.
Did you note it was an error I made? The one I said back there in my partly-big post?

2) Playgrounders: Those who play on the Playground. Specifically, Giant in the Playground Games forums.
Over on those forums, the game is called Werewolf, and a sort of Martyr Mentality is very common over there.
...I would've gotten this reference. But I couldn't because I have no idea what you were talking about.
Thanks for giving the reference.
But I can't get what you still mean by what you said back there. Define that mentality. Define how it relates to what you're trying to say, please.

3) It is cruel. Hard words, even possible to consider the words "you disgust me" evil, along the same lines of "Retard", "fag", or "bitch".
...You have a strange way of association. o_O
Though it is my fault--I worded it wrong (in which I say 'your act disgusts me' instead of the holistic 'you'). THe latter words here are directed against the person (and totally out of origin-context...turned into swear words because of their implicit value instead of anything else. Which explains your point quite well)

4A) I know a lot of players on the Playground who keep spreadsheets of votes at the end of the day, so as to better locate scum. Your tactic of unvoting would screw those sheets up. Your "MAJOR SCUMSLIP" is saying you want a lynch that night, forming a bandwagon day 1. Which is one of the things I listed as wolfish - I mean scummy.
*looks at NQT*
I'm well aware of people keeping notes.
*looks at own notes*
Though I do not see how you correlate it. Perhaps what you're trying to say is that I unvoted because I was afraid to be tracked and then called out on it?
Mayhap I ask, if that was what you expected, why aren't you asking me on it in the first place other than give a vague accusation?
My 'major scumslip' is explained (and still...pretty vague given that I have no idea where exactly you're pointing to other than a generalized statement).

Though I really do have to poke you on metaknowledge. I can't understand how me unvoting messes anyone's...sheets...up.
It's as nebulous as me understanding what your reference is. Please reword it (other than bringing the context from another forum into here. I'm someone else, and not them, thanks)
4B)
Tawarochir As IG was telling the truth as to his loyalty, what is your first thought?

You know, if so many weren't going after me or at least FoS'ing me, I'd think it was a coordinated mob effort.
Then what is it? Why, it's town wising up to scum behaviors and turning towards him.
Why is he very scummy?
Even you have said he's getting scummy... if I'm right about you, it's that you're warning him to tone it down.

5) I meant, there's no need to point out the sarcasm, no need to be mean about whatever he may have.
@4B: ...I can't get how those relate in a paragraph or anysuchthing. Yea, he panics, but it is related to how he 'fears' about his later reply (seriously, link them.). Your statement here doesn't seem to explain him out, better. To me, it uses the first part to justify without the link above, the second part that you quoted.

Like a bit of quote mining.
...it's who wising up to who? This is what I mean by your way of detailing being vague. You lost me on who is talking about who. Or, well, connected to what you accuse me of anyway.

Checking from an open perspective: What's your opinion if you're wrong about me--how does that influence your read on Tawa? Because it comes off as you're connecting us two already without any other sparing note.

nd I see quite the avid sense of concluding before putting any questions forward to the person you speak about.
This is me saying you're leaving me with nothing to answer--just a list of declarative accusations which only forward a narrowed viewpoint--one that I'd oblige given your stance.
Meaning: You're quicker to conclude than to ask. Easy to misinterpret.

Because what vibes I'm getting from you are that you're quite quick to not bring in important pieces of evidence in your accusatory posts, like connecting one point to the other (and yet leaving out crucial little details), but that's just my hypothesis on your play.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 16, 2014, 03:37:37 pm »

You see, Tiruin, I think he's being scummy because...

But yeah. What I've to say is: "Why thank you, but why?"
Alright. Well, first, sensing "scummy" is the same as sensing "a scum", it's just a quirk of my use of English.
And second,
Spoiler: Long list of quotes (click to show/hide)
All in all, this tells me I've probably found two scum:
Tiruin and Tawa.

Sentence does not parse.

I'm sorry, my mother was distracting me while I was typing some of that so it doesn't come quite as clear as it was meant to.

4B)

Why is he very scummy?

Anyways, Unvote TDS, vote Tiruin.

For one, he makes two offhand comments about me in each post and throws a scum label at me. Second, he's throwing a scummy label at you, and I sense no scum within you. Third, this just makes me feel as though he's digging... too deep, like he wants to take the scummiest person he can see, make them seem even scummier, and then label them scum, even though he's outnumbered.

-snip-
Tawarochir I do have to agree with TDS about how interesting it is you are to follow up my vote with one of your own.

I, er, accidentally thought he was talking about yesterday.
My bad.
Anyway:
UNVOTE TDS, VOTE flabort just so we're clear.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 16, 2014, 03:46:04 pm »

...This is why you're reading quite null to me.
First you say something that makes sense on one point, then the other point seems somewhat contradictory. u_u

For one, he makes two offhand comments about me in each post and throws a scum label at me. Second, he's throwing a scummy label at you, and I sense no scum within you. Third, this just makes me feel as though he's digging... too deep, like he wants to take the scummiest person he can see, make them seem even scummier, and then label them scum, even though he's outnumbered.
First and second, alright!
Then Third...
Third just...justifies what the essence of his perception is, as in: He's following it.
I mean, he wants to take the 'scummiest' person he can see, which I believe is me--this is where its related.
*reads*
Oh.
That's mudslinging.
I should not be posting at 4am but woohoo, finals! :D I'm silly at this time!
*continues*
Now back to my point. You say 'outnumbered'. In what sense do you mean that by? I act in curiosity--do you attempt to explain my stance towards flabort there?
Actually, expound or reword.
Third, this just makes me feel as though he's digging... too deep, like he wants to take the scummiest person he can see, make them seem even scummier, and then label them scum, even though he's outnumbered
I've bolded the part which really...does not bode well with my semantics. What do you mean here?

Also POKE!
I mentioned You here. I need an answer. :)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 16, 2014, 10:19:25 pm »

WhitiusOpus
Quote from: mastahcheese
I find it funny that your explanation for why you'd join a vote is for the vague accusation of "scumminess", while ironically ignoring my accusation on you of joining the IG wagon for having an incredibly vague excuse, which, also ironically, is scummy.
Care to comment on this?

I joined on the "IG wagon" because it seemed the most apropriate thing to do. On D1, it is a good idea to try and find a likely suspect for traitor, and work from there. I don't think my excuse was vague, just... Simplistic. Granted, I should have explained myself better, but the shortness of IG's posts, and general lack of argument against his lynching other than "Lynch me and you'll find out!" was suspicious for me. I feel like I'm using that word alot :P.

anyway, mastahcheese: Care to explain why you'd vote me, other than an accusation of being vague, while ironically, being vague yourself?
I fail to see how I'm being vague, I'm being quite clear with what I'm asking you, or at least, enough that you can answer it sufficiently.
And the reason I voted you is [1] to catch your attention clearly, which it did, [2] to apply pressure to you, to see if you'd slip up on something. I find your answer to be... acceptable. You're coming off as being honest to me about not really being able to provide a more concise answer, and I can tell that you want to.
I can't think of anything else to question you on, for now. Unvote, it's done its job.

flabort
What do you see scummy about Tiruin?
You're forming your points rather fluently, but I fail to see the conclusion that you've reached.
Care to enlighten me?
And what do you find scummy about Tawa?

Tawachir
You're stating your thoughts on why you think flabort is scummy, but why do you not press him on the matter?
Also, you flip your votes a lot, care to explain a bit about why you're changing your mind so rapidly?

Tiru (hope you feel better...)
After reading your thoughts on IG, do you think we did the right thing by beating him?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 16, 2014, 10:57:47 pm »

After reading your thoughts on IG, do you think we did the right thing by beating him?
>.>
<.<
I voted to Jail him.

But yes! Considering my realization about how we lynch people and the stuffs mentioned (given my unsurity?) yes, I do believe the right thing was in beating him. Why do you ask?

Also I'm feeling better after not sleeping a whole day. :D
@flabort
flabort
You're forming your points rather fluently, but I fail to see the conclusion that you've reached.
Care to enlighten me?
If it helps, I think the same (underlined portion), only that your point is...vague. What are you poking me with, and along with Tawa? (Y'know, from that huge switch in the first posts of D2?)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 16, 2014, 11:03:31 pm »

>.>
<.<
I voted to Jail him.

But yes! Considering my realization about how we lynch people and the stuffs mentioned (given my unsurity?) yes, I do believe the right thing was in beating him. Why do you ask?

Also I'm feeling better after not sleeping a whole day. :D
@flabort
flabort
Care to enlighten me?
If it helps, I think the same (underlined portion), only that your point is...vague. What are you poking me with, and along with Tawa? (Y'know, from that huge switch in the first posts of D2?)
I ask because of your answer to my "reads" question earlier regarding IG. I was curious.
Um.. I'm not poking you or Tawa with it, I'm poking flabort with it. And the part you underlined isn't really the important part, but he see you as scum, and I wanted to know why, because I fail to see that.
And what do you mean by huge switch?

I'm sorry, I'm quite confused.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 16, 2014, 11:11:17 pm »

I ask because of your answer to my "reads" question earlier regarding IG. I was curious.
Um.. I'm not poking you or Tawa with it, I'm poking flabort with it. And the part you underlined isn't really the important part, but he see you as scum, and I wanted to know why, because I fail to see that.
And what do you mean by huge switch?

I'm sorry, I'm quite confused.
I take his statements as they are, by timing. So by the time of that link there, and the time he indicates who he explicitly thinks is scum, I am quite curious how he got to that point from the start when it is more apparent than not that he was doing a fluff-post.
That's the huge switch. He didn't mention Tawa/Me beforehand at all before then. Check the semantics and reference there (and his stuffs beforehand), though it can be argued that he's using his own way of pressuring-it's sorta unconventional in my view how he goes into narrow-vision mode when he started talking about me, but considering his background? Random voting everyone else while waiting for the target to speak is valid--what I don't like is how he's proceeding with it. Narrowmindedness gets to me in many ways.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 16, 2014, 11:19:28 pm »

(Fakeedit: 1 post ninja, will read after posting)

I see Tiruin as scum because:
A) He incited a wagon on day 1
B) He defends Tawa, whom I also see as scum, and claims him to be a "null-read". But Null is the absense of value, not a 0 value; a 0 value, or neutral read, would be OK, a -1 or scum would be OK, a 1 or town would be OK, but Null is... I'm getting sidetracked.
C) He was being antagonistic towards IG, is being so towards me, and somewhat towards you (mastahcheese).
D) He keeps posting sentences that just don't parse in my mind (See also: "Huge switch?"). This is not scummy, but the fact that he seems to be doing it in a way to force me to say something that would look like I were scum is confusing.

I see Tawa as scummy because:
A) He vote flops far more than I do, and while I forget to give reason for my votes, he just drops the reason altogether as far as I can see.
B) See Tiruin B, but Vice Versa.
C) He puts no effort into defending why he thinks I'm scummy, whereas I'm flailing about trying to figure out how to word my explanations so that they don't come off looking scummy.

Basically, we come down to this:
I think Tawa and Tiruin are scum. They both think I'm scum.
But neither of us can understand each other, in a sort of "context barrier".

Here's my proposition: We beat Tiruin today. If he turns out to be town, someone with a loyaltyscan check me tonight and reveal results. Then we jail Tawa the next day, and either Hammer Tiruin when he comes out the day after, or jail me.

Also, because loyaltyscans are not tied to loyalty (go figure), it would be perfectly safe for the owner of such a scan to reveal their result tonight.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 16, 2014, 11:25:23 pm »

One: She.
Two:
A) He incited a wagon on day 1
Prove it.
Know that I take lying and fraudulent claims as a huge scumtell, no matter if you're a newbie or not.

Three:
C) He was being antagonistic towards IG, is being so towards me, and somewhat towards you (mastahcheese).
Prove how this makes me scummy instead of grumpy. How was I being antagonistic towards IG? Then to Mr. Cheese?

D) He keeps posting sentences that just don't parse in my mind (See also: "Huge switch?"). This is not scummy, but the fact that he seems to be doing it in a way to force me to say something that would look like I were scum is confusing.
In which you NEVER REPLY TO THEM AT ALL. Ish. >_>
The bolded part is primarily why I'm targeting you.
YOU'RE AFRAID TO SAY ANYTHING TO "IMPLICATE" YOURSELF. Problem being, why would there be ANYTHING to implicate yourself if you bothered to explain yourself?!

B) He defends Tawa, whom I also see as scum, and claims him to be a "null-read". But Null is the absense of value, not a 0 value; a 0 value, or neutral read, would be OK, a -1 or scum would be OK, a 1 or town would be OK, but Null is... I'm getting sidetracked.
Oh bloody goodness. Semantics?!
When I say null, I mean neutral. Do you bother to talk about that to me?
No. See what I mean by CONCLUDING BEFORE ANYTHING?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 16, 2014, 11:27:49 pm »

Ohhh... You were meaning that last part at flabort, not me.
I get it now.

it's sorta unconventional in my view how he goes into narrow-vision mode when he started talking about me, but considering his background? -snip- Narrowmindedness gets to me in many ways.
Well.....
On that point I can understand why he does it, because I kinda do the same thing, with the tunnel-vision bit.
But I understand what you're saying.

(Fakeedit: 1 post ninja, will read after posting)

I see Tiruin as scum because:
-snip-
-snip-

I see Tawa as scummy because:
A) He vote flops far more than I do, and while I forget to give reason for my votes, he just drops the reason altogether as far as I can see.
B) See Tiruin B, but Vice Versa.
C) He puts no effort into defending why he thinks I'm scummy, whereas I'm flailing about trying to figure out how to word my explanations so that they don't come off looking scummy.

Also, because loyaltyscans are not tied to loyalty (go figure), it would be perfectly safe for the owner of such a scan to reveal their result tonight.
Well, first off, Tir is a she. (ninja'd)
C. I fail to see her actions as "antagonistic", I can understand why would might say that with regard to IG, because without knowing what Tir meant, or how she phrases things, I could understand that as being translated as antagonistic. But that's just because of how you interpreted it.
But what's really getting at me, is when was she antagonistic towards me? I do not recall this. (also ninja'd)
As for Tawa, yeah, I can see where he's acting really... impulsive, almost, with no reason, but he's doing better about it recently, so I'm continuing to give him at least a bit of a chance.
Ok, on the loyalty scanning bit. That is wrong, it would not be safe, because the scum team would murder their face.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35