Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35

Author Topic: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 6: Game Over, Town victory!  (Read 57005 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 2: Great clouds roll over the hills
« Reply #210 on: March 13, 2014, 07:07:26 am »

Tawarochir As IG was telling the truth as to his loyalty, what is your first thought?

That would be, "OHCRAPOHCRAPOHCRAP".
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 13, 2014, 07:47:32 am »

Quote from: mastahcheese
"anti-climactic"? Are you disappointed that nobody is dead?
And a random vote is random, as I mention above. And what would be your excuse to join the random vote on someone? Because I would certainly get very suspicious if more people piled on with little more than "I want to see how you take the heat".

No I am not "Disappointed" that nobody died. I was mentioning the fact that it was rather anti-climatic after all of us gearing up towards "There's no WAY IG can be town!" And him flipping loyal manager. As well as the fact that nobody was killed. Let me pick that apart from the two different options. As there doesn't appear to be a 3rd party. First, let me ask you another question.

mastahcheese: What response are you expecting if you asked someone if they were disappointed that someone did not die? As far as I can see, there really is only one response, unless you're scum.

My excuse to join the random vote would be if that person defended themselves poorly, ala IG. If someone had poor arguments to reason why they shouldn't be lynched, and then read as very... Suspicious... (That would be my personal read) then I would join in the RV. But, then it wouldn't be an RV anymore, would it?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 01:58:03 pm by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 13, 2014, 06:19:22 pm »

Persus13: Only posted 5 times, didn't seem to be particularly putting themselves out there that much. Although I also know that they hate Day 1, and tend to do that until the second day. Neutral read.
Sorry, I'm just really busy. Also, I'm a he. I'm assuming you weren't sure because of you using a neutral gender pronoun.

Tawarochir As IG was telling the truth as to his loyalty, what is your first thought?

Tawarochir
: Scared of what? Someone coming after you?

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 13, 2014, 06:48:02 pm »

Persus13: Only posted 5 times, didn't seem to be particularly putting themselves out there that much. Although I also know that they hate Day 1, and tend to do that until the second day. Neutral read.
Sorry, I'm just really busy. Also, I'm a he. I'm assuming you weren't sure because of you using a neutral gender pronoun.

Tawarochir

No, I voted for him and was wrong. Just kind of figured that was a bad thing.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 13, 2014, 08:03:31 pm »

Tawarochir

No, I voted for him and was wrong. Just kind of figured that was a bad thing.

It's not too bad, since he'll be back soon. It's not like it's a particularly GOOD thing (except for getting a bit more info), but there was reason behind his lynch. Also, it's likely that at least one of the people who voted for him was scum - it tends to be that way when there are lots of voters.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 13, 2014, 09:11:14 pm »

Quote from: mastahcheese
"anti-climactic"? Are you disappointed that nobody is dead?
And a random vote is random, as I mention above. And what would be your excuse to join the random vote on someone? Because I would certainly get very suspicious if more people piled on with little more than "I want to see how you take the heat".

No I am not "Disappointed" that nobody died. I was mentioning the fact that it was rather anti-climatic after all of us gearing up towards "There's no WAY IG can be town!" And him flipping loyal manager. As well as the fact that nobody was killed. Let me pick that apart from the two different options. As there doesn't appear to be a 3rd party. First, let me ask you another question.

mastahcheese [1] What response are you expecting if you asked someone if they were disappointed that someone did not die? As far as I can see, there really is only one response, unless you're scum.

[2] My excuse to join the random vote would be if that person defended themselves poorly, ala IG. If someone had poor arguments to reason why they shouldn't be lynched, and then read as very... Suspicious... (That would be my personal read) then I would join in the RV. But, then it wouldn't be an RV anymore, would it?
[1] There may only be one response, but there are multiple ways to say it.
[2] I find it funny that your explanation for why you'd join a vote is for the vague accusation of "scumminess", while ironically ignoring my accusation on you of joining the IG wagon for having an incredibly vague excuse, which, also ironically, is scummy.
Care to comment on this?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 13, 2014, 09:49:08 pm »

Votecount:
Mastahcheese: Flabort,
Caz:
TheDarkStar:
Persus13:
Tiruin:
Deathsword:
Tawarochir: Persus13,
Flabort:
WhitiusOpus: mastahcheese,
Jiokuy:
Superblackcat:
NoLynch:

Not voting: Tiruin, Superblackcat, Whitius Opus, Tawarochir, Deathsword, Caz, TheDarkStar, Jiokuy,

Day Ends 8:00 pm Pacific Time on Monday, March 17
Challenge still open: Also, can anyone figure out the theme behind my title changes?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 13, 2014, 09:52:06 pm »

Challenge still open: Also, can anyone figure out the theme behind my title changes?
Are they song lyrics? They seem familiar, particularly the "clouds over the hills" one.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 13, 2014, 09:53:09 pm »

Are they song lyrics? They seem familiar, particularly the "clouds over the hills" one.
Yeah, I just typed a few into Google
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 13, 2014, 09:53:32 pm »

*applauds*  Good job.

Day 1: Ordinary Day by Vanessa Carlton “Just a day, just an ordinary day”
Twilight 1: Mariner’s Revenge “Find him, bind him”
Night 1: Leave Out All the Rest by Linkin Park “What am I leaving when I’m done here”
Day 2: Pompeii by Bastille “Great clouds roll over the hills”

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 14, 2014, 05:22:25 pm »

So, mastahcheese, did you vote IG simply because he looked scummy? Or some other reason?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 14, 2014, 05:33:25 pm »

So, mastahcheese, did you vote IG simply because he looked scummy? Or some other reason?

Why are you not voting him fully? Are you trying to avoid suspicion by not actually voting for him, Tawarochir?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 14, 2014, 06:19:04 pm »

I believe he's just pressuring him since I already have a vote on him. Speaking of which, Unvote Mastahcheese, Vote TheDarkStar. I can't get any sort of read on you, and think some pressure would help with that.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 14, 2014, 08:03:16 pm »

I'm not voting him fully because he hasn't really hit "scummy" all the way on my insight meter, TheDarkStar. You know, you voted me awfully quickly.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 14, 2014, 08:24:04 pm »

I'm not voting him fully because he hasn't really hit "scummy" all the way on my insight meter, TheDarkStar. You know, you voted me awfully quickly.

While I've done the same thing with FoSs, my vote was partially a pressure vote (but also a follow-up from yesterday). However, you had odd reasoning - looking scummy is EXACTLY why people vote for someone (except for scum, and often even then). Also, it's interesting how you have your vote immediately following someone else voting for me.

flabort: Why aren't you pressuring me for anything? Simply putting a vote on me doesn't help much if you don't point out what you want me to answer; it just makes it look like you want to vote someone to get a random lynch.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35