Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35

Author Topic: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 6: Game Over, Town victory!  (Read 56981 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Mastahcheese: The acronyms RVS and RV are unfamiliar to me. I assume they refer to this question asking, but haven't heard of them before.
RVS : Random Voting Stage, it's where you, quite literally, vote somebody at random, to start pressuring them. Although nowadays everyone's seen their name in red, so it doesn't really hold much sway on its own.
RV : Random Vote, self explanatory. See above.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

Caz:
MastahCheese - When looking for scum, are there any particular behaviours that stand out to you as a tell? Would you reveal these immediately or wait to gather more information?
I seem to have developed a reputation (at least by 4mask) of having "Tooney Tunnel" vision whenever I see something that I think is scummy. So yeah, I don't really wait for evidence to back myself up.
As for particular patterns, dodging question, deflections, contradictions, mostly the sort of things that come about when you press people. Which is I guess why I'm fond of it.
What about you? Which method do you prefer?
I try to keep my questions broad in scope and look closer on anything that seems suspicious or contradictory. Nothing as complex as NQT's spreadsheets, though. Do you think your tunnelling prevents you from noticing others' scumtells while you are tunnelling someone else?

Yes, I am aware of the implications of "lurking". I just kind of forgot about the thread.

Hm... I think I'll just see how things play out on day one. NOT VOTING.
This is laziness and more likely to get you lynched more than anything else. If you want to be useful to the town, HUNT. Ask questions and follow down leads. Doing nothing helps only the scum. How can you think this is acceptable?

Caz:
1. I think a hammering would be necessary either for confirmed scum or for a LyLo situation (for 4 town and 3 scum, if the town doesn't hammer, then their number goes down to 3vs3 and they lose), unless scum that are away don't count to the total.
So you agree that we should be beating or jailing when we don't have a confirmed maf?

2. Unvote Persus13. It's odd that you'd say that, considering that I first voted in the first post of the game (and I'm just now getting a chance to unvote), and we're not that far in. Why would we be scared of that at this point in the game?
Why is it odd that I would say that? I'm questioning the ability of RVS votes to do anything that they're supposed to (i.e scare someone into revealing more than they should) and instead look more like an easy "look I'm hunting!" beacon. I was asking how useful you find this tactic for yourself.

TheDarkStar: Which flavor roles do you think are the freemasons, if there are any? I'm inclined to thing the 3 representatives are the masons. Keeping in mind if this role typically goes by a different name in Mafia then Werewolf, it's a town ability that lets the group of them know each other right of the bat, guaranteeing they are not scum.
This looks too much like rolefishing to me. Why do you care about finding the masons? Outing confirmed town is just... stupid.

Quick query: As a friend, I'm always 'off' to you. :P Will you let such notions (ie Out of Mafia ties) affect your targeting system?
Yes. Die Tiruin die! I don't find that us talking about teacups and cats outside of the forums impacts the game here. Though, as a player I find it hard to get a read on you, especially when you go into confusing tangents. Would you say it messes with your reads at all?

Additionally: Do you think that long post of questions to the mod will make it look like you hunted today?

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
Re: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 1: Just your average dwarf
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2014, 10:35:10 am »

WhitiusOpus:
You point out that Deathsword failed to ask a question, but neglected to ask many others questions yourself. Why is this?

Well, as this is my first game, I'm trying to get a general feel before I come up with serious questions. I also only asked questions to those who asked me questions, for reasons unknown to myself.

GAAAH, I can't think of any questions. How about

All you experienced people: What are the best kind of D1 questions to ask? As on, just questions to make someone slip in the future, or something to more reveal that persons character?

((This game should just be called amateur psychology 101.))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Yes, I am aware of the implications of "lurking". I just kind of forgot about the thread.

This is laziness and more likely to get you lynched more than anything else. If you want to be useful to the town, HUNT. Ask questions and follow down leads. Doing nothing helps only the scum. How can you think this is acceptable?

I dunno, man! This is my first game!

Tawarochir

First off, you don't need to put the fact that you aren't voting in red, unless you are voting for a no-lynch, which is a bad idea on Day 1.
Also, "seeing how things play out" is generally considered scummy play. ...Which is also related to lurking, in a sense.
If you saw someone doing something scummy, would you consider voting? Or would you just sit there and do nothing?
@Tawa (can I shorten your name to this? It sorta means 'laugh' in my language if so. And sounds nicely cute. :p)
You're already not voting and don't need to redden you...not voting.
Unless you mean to not vote anyone, ever.
Why would you do that, if I'm correct in guessing your intent?
Also please don't forget this thread. It has dwarves and DF in it! D:

Go ahead, people usually do that. "Tawarochir" is a name I came up with on a LOTR craze; it means "forest rider".

Anyway, I do mean to vote. In fact, I have a suspect...

I VOTE--

Wait, do I publicly vote or PM the mod?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 03:55:48 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyway, I do mean to vote. In fact, I have a suspect...

I VOTE--

Wait, do I publicly vote or PM the mod?

Just type in in bolded red in this thread. Of course, you might want some reasons with it; otherwise, it could be seen as just trying to lynch someone without caring who.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

PFP

Tawarochir, DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS. Seriously.

First page of the BM, includes rules. Read them.

I'll be able to do a real post in a few hours.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile

Food and wine flow freely as conversation reaches its full heights, accusations and explanations being thrown back and forth.  The whole time, the baron watched, his face never displaying emotion.  Once or twice, he brought a golden chalice to his lips and drank, but seemed otherwise content with watching the proceedings unfold.  When the supply of food began to run out, however, he pulled out a stone tablet and began to make notes on it.  The room began to quiet as this comes to your attention, until finally the hammer speaks up.
“What, exactly, are you writing?”
The baron looks up from his writing and gives you all an unsettling smile.
“Why, my esteemed colleagues, I am making note of the accusations being thrown around.  I am relying on your judgement to find the traitors hidden in our midst, and hope that you will come to a decision at some point.  But for now, continue the conversation, I’m sure you will come up with a verdict in due time.”

Alright, I have a question for you all.  Do you want to know the types of abilities I included in the game?  I can give you a list, if you like.

And perhaps the more important question: is this setup even fun?  Because if not, I can scrap it and drop my next game into the queue.

To answer, post my name in bold with an answer to the question.  I don't want this turning into a game of uncertainty regarding the rules.

Tawarochir, if you are suspicious of someone, post their name in red, along with, usually, a question.  Once the day ends, I'll explain in detail the twilight rules.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:17:48 pm by 4maskwolf »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

Yea I spent awhile making up a post and my internet killed it. W/e.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright.

On second thought, I'll still ask around a bit before accusing.

Speaking of which...

Caz, you seemed to be incredibly critical of my day one playstyle. Moreso than the others. Specifically "how can you think this is acceptable?" It seemed like you were trying a bit too much to get me to act. There was just something... off about your post.

Also:

4maskwolf: I'm fine with this setup, I guess. It works well enough.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright.

On second thought, I'll still ask around a bit before accusing.

Speaking of which...

Caz, you seemed to be incredibly critical of my day one playstyle. Moreso than the others. Specifically "how can you think this is acceptable?" It seemed like you were trying a bit too much to get me to act. There was just something... off about your post.

Also:

4maskwolf: I'm fine with this setup, I guess. It works well enough.

What post are you referring to? I can't actually see this anywhere, Tawarochir; I might change my mind when I have evidence rather than just an accusation.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This post.

-snip-

-snip-

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile

Alright, I have a question for you all.  Do you want to know the types of abilities I included in the game?  I can give you a list, if you like.

And perhaps the more important question: is this setup even fun?  Because if not, I can scrap it and drop my next game into the queue.

To answer, post my name in bold with an answer to the question.  I don't want this turning into a game of uncertainty regarding the rules.
Is anyone actually going to answer the question...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, I answered the second one, just not the first.

4maskwolf:
Sure, I'd like a list.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

4maskwolf: Yes and yes.

Tawa: His post is warranted. Refusing to participate doesn't help anyone.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What?

Oh, ok then, now I get it.

Still, there was something that didn't smell right about it.

Look, I'm not 100% sure what the progression of a mafia game is, so I'm just trying to do what seems logical.

Now that I think about it, TheDarkStar, you seem a bit suspicious with your constant defense of Caz. You wouldn't happen to be traitorous scum, would you?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35