Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35

Author Topic: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 6: Game Over, Town victory!  (Read 56926 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 3: I beg to dream and differ
« Reply #375 on: March 30, 2014, 10:34:25 pm »

CAZ IS HER.

Arggh, and Whitius, you were my top scum pick :\
Detail.

Anyways, Tiruin, I protected Caz last night... In hopes that I would be able to get something out of him today, due to his inactivity. There wasn't that much thought process behind my protecting...
Detail!

Vigs, should reveal themselves, they are helpful towards a towns cause, as long as they don't go crazy/berserk/keep killing for the fun of it.
DETAIL! :I

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 31, 2014, 08:13:41 am »

Vampire Survivor seems legit to me, but Whitus, explain yourself.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 31, 2014, 08:18:24 am »

Timecount Votecount Someone tell me how far my extend extended the time please :/

Tiruin and SBC - Do you think the Vigilante should reveal themself?
No, for lack of reasons. Our lynch = Global choice, which is skewed because of those darn Captains who get a 3-choice vote instead! If they reveal themselves, then we're worse than lost.

*crickets*
It's so quiet that I'm surprised 80% of the playerbase ISN'T HERE.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 31, 2014, 09:43:27 am »

And you miscalculated because he...was town. And not anything else?
Yeah. If I have to kill, I should use my kill for good.

WhitiusOpus: Did you fail to see that I switched my vote to Superblackcat?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 31, 2014, 09:57:31 am »

Quote from: Tiruin
Hello. Rationalize it from the perspective of a third-party killer. You're THIRD PARTY. EVERYONE HATES YOU (though scum hate you more because even if they achieve their wincon over town, then they still have to get rid of the third party--BUT a survivor does not HAVE that option. A survivor can easily WIN it out with scum.)
Sorry, I got confused as to the definitions of 3rd party and Survivor, and thought of them as the same roles. I hadn't taken into account that the scum has to kill a 3rd party. That's my fault for not reasoning through it completely :/.

Also what? Scum aren't winning? What makes you say that? Next: Wat? You say that scum have the ability to 'sway the vote and win'? That is fairly interesting given that the only ones who could do such (as I remember) are the Militia Captains [3 vote-shift thingy]. Weird how you say this as a certainty.
Ok, first, I think we're having a major language interpretation barrier. I should have said the scum haven't won yet. We still can win. Also 'Sway the vote and win' means that they would have majority vote (I haven't taken into account the militia captains). I was trying to give notice that it's important to make certain that who we lynch today is scum, as myslynching could lead to a scum win, hence MyLo. But the problem with that is, as I stated, I hadn't taken into account the Guard Captains, whose alignments we don't know.

Let me answer your question with my question in your question: Why wouldn't you?
First of all, the SK thing is explained above. Second of all, if it's a survivor, then you get cred either way. He claimed up as a survivor? Hooray, now we've a vampire (who I'm GLAD doesn't sparkle) as a survivor-wildcard!
I wouldn't IF I WAS SCUM because that forces him to come out (like he did) and proclaim his innocence to the town, and therefore having to work with us. If I was scum, and saw someone targeting townies (Ala SK) I wouldn't give out my evidence, because why the hell would I expose someone that's doing my job for me?

Now explain the personalism there. Why would, or should, I explain how it would benefit you instead of the town as a generality?
I was speaking from a scum player perspective, as per what you're saying.

Seriously?
(I swear to god, I almost put an Unvote, vote IG here, but I caught it with my PPE since you've flipped town)

To qoute Tiruin, DETAIL. This is seriously lack of participation on your part. 'Explain myself?' What am I explaining, except my vote and suspicion of Tiruin (Whom I'm still concerned about, but is secondary to... this)? In fact, I think you need to explain yourself, for lack of participating in the game, and bandwagoning on me with no evidence, just hiding behind Tir. You have no basis to have me explain myself.

Tiruin: I accuse you of leading a myslynch D1 (malignity), Scum behavior, tunneling on a specific player, and refusal to scumhunt other players. What say you in defense?

- PPE:
And you miscalculated because he...was town. And not anything else?
Yeah. If I have to kill, I should use my kill for good.

WhitiusOpus: Did you fail to see that I switched my vote to Superblackcat?
Yes I did, apologies. I was in a rush, as I don't have much time on the weekends.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 31, 2014, 10:22:50 am »

Also what? Scum aren't winning? What makes you say that? Next: Wat? You say that scum have the ability to 'sway the vote and win'? That is fairly interesting given that the only ones who could do such (as I remember) are the Militia Captains [3 vote-shift thingy]. Weird how you say this as a certainty.
Ok, first, I think we're having a major language interpretation barrier. I should have said the scum haven't won yet. We still can win. Also 'Sway the vote and win' means that they would have majority vote (I haven't taken into account the militia captains). I was trying to give notice that it's important to make certain that who we lynch today is scum, as myslynching could lead to a scum win, hence MyLo. But the problem with that is, as I stated, I hadn't taken into account the Guard Captains, whose alignments we don't know.
Problem: The votes landed on JAIL.
Who in the world would jail when people all agreed to BEAT?! I mean, it was signified in D1 as a majority census agreement!
...Yeah, despite me opting for Jail D1, it's all explained there.
Hence I turn my eye to the claimed Captains.

...In which I do say that the Extend was for more reasons than one because RL is hectic toxic. :x

VOTECOUNT/TIMECOUNT PLEASE
Let me answer your question with my question in your question: Why wouldn't you?
First of all, the SK thing is explained above. Second of all, if it's a survivor, then you get cred either way. He claimed up as a survivor? Hooray, now we've a vampire (who I'm GLAD doesn't sparkle) as a survivor-wildcard!
I wouldn't IF I WAS SCUM because that forces him to come out (like he did) and proclaim his innocence to the town, and therefore having to work with us. If I was scum, and saw someone targeting townies (Ala SK) I wouldn't give out my evidence, because why the hell would I expose someone that's doing my job for me?
*sigh*
Look, WO, I'll be frank with you. Recently, I voted you because of obscurity--presuming many things regarding your case. Now? You read towny to me. Problem being, you need to up your game in which you do not resort to those cases in which an answer to a hypothetical question = IF I WAS SCUM I'D DO 'X'.
Because that doesn't help at all--it is more of an ambiguous statement that doesn't give directly what is intended, but pushes on the process of observation and interpretation wherein the crux is: "People have different viewpoints."
While this could be used at times when one could point out common sense, the context above would also make sense in if y-
Well hey, you just did point it out to me.
Though I'd say that it may be a really good scum ploy to earn town cred.
And for what? He was not suspicious at all!That's what he wants you to know!

Seriously?
(I swear to god, I almost put an Unvote, vote IG here, but I caught it with my PPE since you've flipped town)

To qoute Tiruin, DETAIL. This is seriously lack of participation on your part. 'Explain myself?' What am I explaining, except my vote and suspicion of Tiruin (Whom I'm still concerned about, but is secondary to... this)? In fact, I think you need to explain yourself, for lack of participating in the game, and bandwagoning on me with no evidence, just hiding behind Tir. You have no basis to have me explain myself.

I'll just outline that the bolded part is a bad idea. While generally, townies don't say this (because for what reason is this OTHER THAN to state a point to the aggressor?), I've enough notes on you to get a good glimpse of your alignment.

...He's hiding behind me?

Tiruin: I accuse you of leading a myslynch D1 (malignity), Scum behavior, tunneling on a specific player, and refusal to scumhunt other players. What say you in defense?
I say that I respect your opinion--though have to argue on the grounds of your case.
What malignity? Scum behavior--specify, please. Townies and scummies alike can be 'scummy' (the general term for scummy behavior) but what matters is the exacts. What makes it "scum" behavior rather than "scummy" behavior?

...Also refusal to scumhunt? Where'd you get that idea (or did you miss what I mentioned?); do you see something that I don't?

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 31, 2014, 11:45:03 am »

Problem: The votes landed on JAIL.
Who in the world would jail when people all agreed to BEAT?! I mean, it was signified in D1 as a majority census agreement!
...Yeah, despite me opting for Jail D1, it's all explained there.
Hence I turn my eye to the claimed Captains.

...In which I do say that the Extend was for more reasons than one because RL is hectic toxic. :x
Hmm... You have a good point. How do we know if one or more Captain is on the scumteam? But if so, why wouldn't they just vote for Hammering?

Also, yes, extend.

Look, WO, I'll be frank with you. Recently, I voted you because of obscurity--presuming many things regarding your case. Now? You read towny to me. Problem being, you need to up your game in which you do not resort to those cases in which an answer to a hypothetical question = IF I WAS SCUM I'D DO 'X'.
Because that doesn't help at all--it is more of an ambiguous statement that doesn't give directly what is intended, but pushes on the process of observation and interpretation wherein the crux is: "People have different viewpoints."
While this could be used at times when one could point out common sense, the context above would also make sense in if y-
Well hey, you just did point it out to me.
Though I'd say that it may be a really good scum ploy to earn town cred.
And for what? He was not suspicious at all!That's what he wants you to know!
Thanks for that read and the advice - I'll be sure to use it in the future. Also, sure, he would gain town cred, but that would still mean the scumteam would lose someone who seems to be working with them, albeit not openly (since that's suicide anyway).

...He's hiding behind me?
Yes. He's hiding behind your questions and reasoning, and putting out a "Yeah, explain yourself!" From behind. He has no basis for his own repeat (or reinforcement) of what you've already said - I'm getting the image of a child hiding behind his mom repeating her question to another kid.

I say that I respect your opinion--though have to argue on the grounds of your case.
What malignity? Scum behavior--specify, please. Townies and scummies alike can be 'scummy' (the general term for scummy behavior) but what matters is the exacts. What makes it "scum" behavior rather than "scummy" behavior?

...Also refusal to scumhunt? Where'd you get that idea (or did you miss what I mentioned?); do you see something that I don't?
I meant to say "Malignantly", but it autocorrected. The "scummy behavior" was a generalization based on your (seemingly) tunneling on me, and grouped with the other factors. That's also the reason behind the refusal to scumhunt other players- another version of tunnel vision.

So basically, I repeated tunneling twice :/.

Look, I want to work with you on this, not fight, and we can't find the scum if we keep arguing with each other. I'm sorry for focusing on you, and we really need to get the feedback of the other players, as you've mentioned already. I admit, I was acting really defensive pulling those reasons out, for no reason. I felt threatened, and reacted accordingly, which is a personal habit of mine that I shouldn't do. I think we need our Captains to reveal themselves (Unless I've missed something, only one has) and claim how they've voted.

Unvote

SBC: How did you vote the other day, and why?

pufferfish: Still waiting on an answer to my previous question.

What am I explaining to you? I'll give it my best shot.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 31, 2014, 05:06:22 pm »

Militia Captains don't have multiple votes, only Captain of the Guard, and there's only one. Militia Captains have a kill/protect oneshot.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 31, 2014, 05:08:03 pm »

VOTECOUNT LATER TODAY. MOD WAS AT SCHOOL.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 31, 2014, 07:59:05 pm »

Militia Captains don't have multiple votes, only Captain of the Guard, and there's only one. Militia Captains have a kill/protect oneshot.
Blargh. mustreadback

Timecount please?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 31, 2014, 08:26:16 pm »

Blargh. mustreadback

Timecount please?
After the extension, the day will end at 8pm Pacific time tomorrow.

Votecount inbound within the hour.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 31, 2014, 08:42:08 pm »

The votecount amounts to Persus voting SBC and nothing more.  Everyone else is a no-vote, and the game appears to have two active and two semi-active players...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 31, 2014, 08:49:49 pm »

OP updated with current flips for your convenience.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 31, 2014, 08:55:57 pm »

Day 3 has begun.

Votecount:
Pufferfish:
TheDarkStar:
Persus13:
Tiruin (extend used):
Deathsword (extend used):
Imperial Guardsman: 
WhitiusOpus:
Superblackcat: Persus13
NoLynch:

Not voting: Pufferfish, Superblackcat, Imperial Guardsman, Tiruin, TheDarkStar, Deathsword, Whitius Opus,,
And someone else extended...
So, ^? yes?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 31, 2014, 09:07:16 pm »

So we have 8 players currently, Pufferfish, me, Superblackcat, Imperial Guardsman, Tiruin, TheDarkStar, Deathsword, and Whitius Opus.

Of these, Imperial is confirmed town. I know I'm 3rd party, so that clears me.

Of those remaining, I feel Deathsword is town because he said he used his ability to jail. While I question his judgment on picking jail, if he was scum, I think he would have attempted to hammer. Therefore I think he's town.

This leaves Pufferfish, Superblackcat, Tiruin, TheDarkStar, and Whitius Opus. Of these 5, 3 are scum. Only Tiuin and Whitius are currently active. Of these, Tiruin, SBC, and TDS are the three I'd gut pick as the scum team, but for my next bit of hunting I plan on looking through the votetracker, as well as specifically looking at how these 5 players interacted.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35