Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35

Author Topic: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 6: Game Over, Town victory!  (Read 56972 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 1: Just a day, just an ordinary day
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2014, 05:04:59 pm »

A votecount:

Mastahcheese: 
Caz:
TheDarkStar:
Persus13:
Tiruin:
Deathsword:
Imperial Guardsman: mastahcheese, Whitius Opus, Tawarochir,
Tawarochir: TheDarkStar, Imperial Guardsman, Persus13,
Flabort:
WhitiusOpus:
Jiokuy:
Superblackcat:
NoLynch:

Not voting: Caz, Tiruin, Deathsword, Flabort, Superblackcat, Jiokuy,

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2014, 07:27:17 pm »

Of note, everyone:
Since The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly ended so early, the extend mechanics will now return to what is said in the OP.  Everyone has one extend per game, and can use it at any time by saying extend.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2014, 08:54:05 pm »

Apologies for my delayed post, a storm hit my area and, as it usually happens in such cases, it killed my internet connection.

Now that I look around, I agree with mastahcheese. VOTING IMPERIAL GUARDSMAN. I'm sorry for doubting you, Cromwell you cheese master cat you.
While agreeing with someone is ok (if until recently frowned upon in these parts), you are merely parroting mastahcheese, Tawarochir. You give no reasons, no logic of your own. You ask no questions. You are active lurking. (Since you are new: blue text means a Finger of Suspicion. It's used when someone has done something scummy, but you are not going to vote them over it, for whatever reason. It has no bearing on any mechanics, and you don't "un-FoS")

Which original question, and if you plan to hammer me, that is incredibly useless and takes a strong power role out of the game. If you jail or beat me, the Scum get the role. Contemplate this decision.
Threatening that bad things will happen to the town if you are lynched is really defensive and scummy. Instead of doing that, give your own cases. Your effective argument atm is "Don't vote me, I am town" -_-
This. This so much. IG, all you've been doing so far is wild speculation and saying "if you lynch me you'll be sorry!" as well as sudden vote switching when pressured. Having a power role acting at night is not worth it if the player won't scumhunt. It looks as if you are buying time, desperate, or both.

Mod: You shouldn't give up on a setup so easily. Let's see how it plays out.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2014, 09:27:42 pm »

Apologies for my delayed post, a storm hit my area and, as it usually happens in such cases, it killed my internet connection.

Now that I look around, I agree with mastahcheese. VOTING IMPERIAL GUARDSMAN. I'm sorry for doubting you, Cromwell you cheese master cat you.
While agreeing with someone is ok (if until recently frowned upon in these parts), you are merely parroting mastahcheese, Tawarochir. You give no reasons, no logic of your own. You ask no questions. You are active lurking. (Since you are new: blue text means a Finger of Suspicion. It's used when someone has done something scummy, but you are not going to vote them over it, for whatever reason. It has no bearing on any mechanics, and you don't "un-FoS")

Which original question, and if you plan to hammer me, that is incredibly useless and takes a strong power role out of the game. If you jail or beat me, the Scum get the role. Contemplate this decision.
Threatening that bad things will happen to the town if you are lynched is really defensive and scummy. Instead of doing that, give your own cases. Your effective argument atm is "Don't vote me, I am town" -_-
This. This so much. IG, all you've been doing so far is wild speculation and saying "if you lynch me you'll be sorry!" as well as sudden vote switching when pressured. Having a power role acting at night is not worth it if the player won't scumhunt. It looks as if you are buying time, desperate, or both.

Mod: You shouldn't give up on a setup so easily. Let's see how it plays out.

I'm sorry if I seem a bit "lurky", I'm not actually trying to be. I just kind of occasionally forgot to quote. But still, the same thing seems to have put both of us on the same side, the
"Don't vote me, I am town" -_-
thing.

Anyway, yeah. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2014, 10:13:51 pm »

Imperial Guardsman and Tawarochir (yes I know I'm already voting him)
...Excuse me? Are you really making a "If you lynch me, you'll regret it" speech? Wow. Now I'm much more confident in my vote on you. I don't even care about if you answered one of my RVS questions, now.

You know, your ganging up on Imperial Guardsman is a little suspicious too, mastahcheese.

You wouldn't happen to be a scummy traitor, trying to frame the Guardsman for your fiendish deeds, would you? I know of framing as a way for the Mafia to take out two townies in one day!

However, these are minor suspicions and my vote stays on DarkStar.
Excuse me? I'm ganging up on him? I was the first one to vote him! Now you're doing nothing but just baselessly defending him, with made-up and bullshit evidence!

Imperial Guardsman Reasoning on TDS vote?
Because pressure. Unvote TDS, mastahcheese
And now you're literally OMGUSing me. Thanks for that.

Also, I see that I was kind of stupid earlier. I'm sorry, Caz and Darkstar.
You go from insulting me, to praising me in about a *checks the times* 2 hour period. Both of these without even the slightest backing.

I'm pretty confident right now that IG is scum, and Taw isn't doing much to make me think he's not scum.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2014, 10:16:03 pm »

Did you not note my change of heart?

I had made a rash decision, good sire. Forgive me, please.

please tell me that what happens in mafia stays in mafia
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2014, 10:18:11 pm »

No, the "change of heart" is what's so suspicious about it. You have no hold on your votes, or your leads, you're just following in the footsteps of other people, which is what lazy scum would do.

(And yeah, people don't usually bring up mafia stuff outside of mafia)
The Derail Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2014, 10:40:38 pm »

Alright. You want evidence? You get evidence.

How is this being suspicious?

Classic line that makes you seem more suspicious.

You were really on to something here, mastahcheese.

Quote from: Imperial Guardsman
Because I want to prove that I am not dangerous, me being a lowly Manager.
Here are my guesses on the role abilities.
Mayor- Loyalty investigate
Broker- ?
Manager - ohhohooh dats funny
Bookkeeper - Role Investigation
Hammerer - Upon death, no hammering lynches
Captain of the Guard - Tracker
Chief Medical dwarf - Protection
Militia Commander - Night Kill
2x Militia Captains - Share meeting
Mason's Guild Representative - ?
Carpenter's Guild Representative - ?

You had a good point here, too. Why would you make guesses about roles? Fishy to try and do that. Also, considering I'm a/the ________, he's wrong about __________.

There. Evidence.

Also, if I'm following in footsteps, why would I have made an initial first guess? o wait feinting

Also, the following in footsteps thing; I see your point, but if I were scum, why would I be lazy? Logically, a scum would look for classic scum fallacies and go against them, but not in a complete opposite way. But, if you think further ahead than the scum, you see that you want to look for someone who goes half past scum fallacies. But, if they think that far ahead, we get into an annoying psychology loop. Thus, a good scum actually acts lazy to-- I think that I just contradicted myself.

Crap.

Ah well, I probably just taught myself something.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2014, 10:50:27 pm »

Ah well, I probably just taught myself something.
Probably. What you experienced is called WIFOM, when someone acts with the understanding and knowledge that their actions are under scrutiny.

You had a good point here, too. Why would you make guesses about roles? Fishy to try and do that. Also, considering I'm a/the ________, he's wrong about __________.
What is this part about? that he simply got something wrong, or what? What is this statement's purpose?
The Derail Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2014, 10:54:38 pm »

Looking back, I think I said that for the sake of saying it. Now I feel slightly dumb.

At the very least it proves he's not right on the money, at least to me. He might have gotten one thing right, I dunno.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2014, 11:20:12 pm »

Imperial Guardsman: Why do you answer in brevity?

Now there's no way you can miss this.

Also PFP my post is coming argh I'm in writer's dilemma mhmhmrmhmhm

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2014, 09:25:46 am »

Because I do.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2014, 06:35:39 pm »

Well, it's mighty quiet here. Kind of like some of the players around here, heh.

Also, I see why you're suspicious of me, Mastahcheese. I was browsing MafiaWiki and found a list of mafia tells, including "wishy-washy voting".

Not that I'm changing my vote or anything.

On another note, the concept of a serial killer is freakin' me out, man. That gives me an alternate way to die, on top of the 3 people voting for my lynching and the potential of a nightkill.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2014, 06:42:28 pm »

Votecount:

Mastahcheese: 
Caz:
TheDarkStar:
Persus13:
Tiruin:
Deathsword:
Imperial Guardsman: mastahcheese, Whitius Opus, Tawarochir, Deathsword,
Tawarochir: TheDarkStar, Imperial Guardsman, Persus13,
Flabort:
WhitiusOpus:
Jiokuy:
Superblackcat:
NoLynch:

Not voting: Caz, Tiruin, Flabort, Superblackcat, Jiokuy,

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2014, 07:06:50 pm »

Well, it's mighty quiet here. Kind of like some of the players around here, heh.
I'm quiet-ish because finals and hnnnng finals.

Because I do.
You do know your method of communication is more of a liability given the...perception of others at you, right?
Could you explain yourself better other than 'this is what I do'?
A simple yes or no would suffice. And in regard to that, explain yourself to those voting you.

*Tiruin shakes Caz. Y u so busy. :S
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35