Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: The Flame's Last Flickers IC  (Read 7782 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: The Flame's Last Flickers IC
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2014, 09:09:28 pm »

Thrunn casts Firewall in attempt to block at least some of the attackers briefly, to give his companions time to organize themselves, as he takes a defensive stance.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2014, 04:16:25 am »

Aras moves to the front, taking up a defensive stance before his companions.

He casts Pebbleskin upon himself.

'Stand your ground. They shall break upon us.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2014, 04:32:00 am »

'Meg' casts Stonehand
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2014, 07:12:23 am »

Balthazar, having had his crossbow ready all night, lets loose on Club elf 2. (If it doesn't impede his chance of success too badly, he aims for the head.)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2014, 07:00:53 pm »

Spoiler: enemies (click to show/hide)

----

Jarund slides the arming sword out the scabbard. With a muttered word and a sudden tang of ozone, sparks play down the length of the blade.

The unnamed buzkari slinks backwards, away from the approaching elves. The old staff taps Aras, and he feels an unnatural energy flow through him - he muscles feel tight with a strange tension. The shapeless effigy in the buzkari's grip smoulders faintly - a wisp of burnt soul-smoke twists into the air and is gone.

Kyle slips a throwing knife out of it's sheath and squeezes down on the pulpy lifestone. The Elf leader stops as blood begins to leak from it's ears, eys and mouth. It shakes it's head and screams a curse, but the other elves keep going.

Thrunn waves his hand in a single, sinous motion. A wall of flame leaps up from the ground. The elves skitter back - club elves 1 to 3 screech at their singed legs, but no more.

The strange strength filling his limbs, Aras moves forward. His stony skin becomes even harder beneath the thick plate as he casts pebbleskin upon himself. He hefts his mighty hammer as he waits for the elves to approach.

Meg clunks her fists together. The wrapped fists become almost instantly covered with a hard-packed guantlet of stone and grit. It grinds satisfyingly as she moves her fingers.

Balthazar lets loose a bolt. The bolt thwacks deeply into the chest of the second club elf. It yowls with pain and staggers to a stop, but isn't out of the fight just yet.

----

Alarune adopts a defensive position - parrying gauntlet ready to smash aside an enemy weapon or help the huge sword swing to cleave foes. Besides him, the younger Forest Brother does the same with his spear.

----

The Elves are charging. Most of them will arrive into melee next turn.

----

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2014, 07:14:27 pm »

Throw the knife at the nearest Elf. Then draw my sword.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2014, 08:54:20 pm »

Thrunn hurtles a flameblast into the chest of the nearest elf, remaining wary.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2014, 09:06:25 pm »

Balthazar drops his crossbow and readies his sabre, moving so that he does not inhibit Aras, but is somewhat close to him.

And if any elves get close, he'll start a-slicin'.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 09:29:10 pm by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2014, 09:23:47 pm »

UB casts a second brawn boost on Balthazar.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 02:50:56 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2014, 09:27:06 pm »

Jarund takes up a defensive position near Aras, as well.
If the opportunity presents itself, he'll slash at his opponent(s).

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2014, 12:46:40 pm »

Hold & smash. Prioritise spear elves, and delay initiative if needs be (and possible).
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2014, 01:26:40 pm »

Wait for now
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2014, 10:16:04 am »

Kyle hurls a knife. It sinks into the chest of club elf 4. He draws his sword out of the scabbard with a sibilant hiss.

Thrunn casts flamebolt. It also smashes into the chest of club elf four, who screeches and flails at his chest, but the fire doesn't catch. It continues stumbling towards you, desperate to kill.

Balthazar prepares his sabre and prepares to counter a attack.

He feels a staff tap him lightly on the back before energy flows through his limbs, strengthening them beyond his nature. The acrid stench of burnt soul fills the air.

JAarund also prepares to counter, his sword stil lcrackling with electricity.

Aras lifts his hammer. Counter prepared.

Meg waits for the elves.

----

Alarune holds his defensive position.
Gunall holds his defensive position.

----

The packleader continues coming closer. With a wretch, it coughs up a thick clot of blood.

Club elves 1 to 3 begin skirting around the wall of flame. They yap at the party, shaking thier singed legs as if to shake off the burns.

With a roar, most of the elves arrive.

Club elf 4 runs in, blood still dripping from his wounds, and swings at Alarune. Futility - the parrying gauntlet knocks the club aside, and the vast greatsword swings down. With a brutal crunch, two segments of the guant elf collapse to the groud. Alarune growls, satisfied.

Spear elf 1 does the same to Gunall. With his own spear, he knocks it aside and runs it through. It falls back, greatly injured, bleeding from a great hole in it's gut.

Spear elf 2 also stabs at Gunall. His armour resists the sharpened wood for the most part - the point pierces a weak point of the maille and sinks into his side. He shouts in pain and stumbles back/

Spear elf 3 swings at Balthazar. He counters, and the magically boosted blade cleaves through the elf with elf. It gurgles as it drops, face first, into the ground, stone dead.

Spear elf 4 thrusts the stake at aras. Aras swings his hammer to counter, but the hefty weapon smashes through only air. The elf's own spear scrapes harmlessly off Aras' armour, not even leaving a scratch.

Spear Elf 5 goes for Jarund - a bad mistake, as he swiftly slashes it open instead with his arming sword. The magical charge on the blade leaps into the elf's body, and it shudders and jerks as it drops, slain, to the uneven cobbled road.

The first unarmed elf, a wretch gaunt thing, sees this, and decides discretion is the better part of valour. It begins to flee into the forest, silently pumpig legs to get away as fast as possible.

The second unarmed elf lunges at Jarund. Claws scrape across his helm, but he shoves it away before it can claw up his face.

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2014, 10:44:59 am »

Aras chuckled. You could hardly call that a spear.

Crush Spear 4.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2014, 11:14:44 am »

Kyle charges the nearest elf!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9