Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 214767 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1560 on: May 13, 2014, 02:05:56 pm »

Team B - Gotta go fast

Get the fuck out. Roll to the escape pods as fast as possible along with Simus and Morul and use my Will bonus to glue myself to the wall before we launch.

((Well, time to leave.))
Team B - CO Simus

Now that is good cause to evacuate. Everyone, get to the escape pods - don't worry with the boarding shell, just use the pods.

Steve, if you can, have my pod go to the closest entrance to the command centre, if everything's all right there.

Off to a pod, grab Dubley from Q-Space while doing so. Launch as soon as possible.
Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

"All teams, get out of here! But try to launch away from the enemy, please."

Get to an escape pod facing towards Hephaestus with my team, make sure the other team is alerted, and launch. Gogogo.
Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

"All teams, get out of here! But try to launch away from the enemy, please."

Get to an escape pod facing towards Hephaestus with my team, make sure the other team is alerted, and launch. Gogogo.
Team B:

"You know when I was advocating heading for the escape pods just in case shit hit the fan? Well, the fan has been covered in shit, and we don't have a head start. I told you so."

GET TO THE PODS!

Operation: GET THE FUCK OUT is undertaken by everyone above and is done successfully. Seriously. I rolled for a good number of you and we got no bad rolls. Lars' praying is paying off.

Angel: Team C

By your orders Auron, all that can be done is done.
Brace for acceleration.
Dulci et Decorum est pro pietas mori

Time to be leaving, jettison cockpit escape pod towards the planet if possible without spacing Auron or the rest of the team as he tries to leave for some reason, if not possible follow Auron to next nearest escape pod, launch as soon as all are present and accounted for

Auron, Team C.

If ejecting the cockpit will allow us to escape back to haphaestus without changing the ships course then do that.

Otherwise head for the nearest pods and launch back towards haphaestus in one of those.

Angel runs over to the main console and smashes the glass covering on a panel labeled "EMERGENCY!" She then flips all the switches, turns the key and punches the big red button with "EJECT" written across it.  The remaining crew in the cockpit scrambles into seats and straps themselves. Outside layers of armor plating explosively disconnect and the heart of the ship separates itself, wires and vents automatically severing as stubby, high power rocket engines ignite for the first time since their pre-install tests some time in the distant past. After a moment  the entire cockpit lurches forward with enough force to break the ribs of just about everyone in the room and then, a quarter of a second later, the cockpit is free of the ship and rocketing back toward Hephaestus.

Hasala Nabin - Hephaestus Control Room

As the Sods' escape pod launched, (if they didn't launch with Team AD, tell them to launch) Hasala turned around and noticed the guy who just walked in doing something that didn't look very friendly. Tackle him to the ground! If he doesn't drop the object on his own, wrestle him for it.
"Hey! What are you doing!?"

((Hasala is neither armed nor "armored", by the way. He hasn't been to the armory yet, and he isn't wearing a MkI - just the standard clothes from the barracks. So I'm afraid I'm not gonna be much help, especially if this action doesn't turn out perfectly.))

Team H, Starfleet Command - Anton Chernozorov

In an instant, the man's intent became clear. If the Hammer hadn't fired when it did, there wouldn't be even this slim chance to avert the disaster. And millisecond by millisecond, time was running out.

red hand... on safety, no time... too far to grapple... have to shoot

Anton, in a quick motion, steps back and reaches for the Gungnir slung over his shoulder on a strap, letting the gun's momentum carry it forward into his hands and shaving precious milliseconds off the reaction time. His fingers grab for the weapon's triggers as soon as it is in his hands, laser and artificial lightning blasting forward indiscriminately as he tries to aim the barrel towards the man, before it is too late.

Shoot Leo with the Gungnir, as quickly and thoroughly as possible.

Hasala does a double footed flying kick straight into Leo's face, knocking the guy flat on his back and sending the nuke rolling across he room. Anton busily shoots the ceiling in the mean time.

In relation to people asking for a view, I'm afraid there isn't much to see. They're too far away. All you'd see is our ships firing and then getting hit.

But If you'd like, Steve could create a 3d version of the battle for you to watch in VR after this is done.

Space ship fights are boring to watch and horrifyingly fatal to participate in.

>EVERYONE THAT HASN'T ALREADY EJECTED SHOULD DO SO NOW. THIS LOOKS LIKE IT MIGHT END IN A RATHER EXPLOSIVE FASHION.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: May 13, 2014, 02:09:35 pm »

Team B - Bracing

If I haven't used my Will bonus to glue myself to the walls of the escape pod somehow, do so. If I have, brace for impact. Try to use my mass manipulator amp to keep myself unharmed if I need to.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1562 on: May 13, 2014, 02:20:39 pm »

Team A
If I have an outside view and I see something dangerous coming, pilot the pod away. If I can't pilot the pod, use that microwave manip I got from stacy's corpse to move out of the way or keep the dangerous thing from hurting me. EDIT: Unless doing so is not a good idea.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 04:06:44 pm by Parisbre56 »

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: May 13, 2014, 02:20:49 pm »

Hasala Nabin - Team H Ninja Sod Controller - Hephaestus Control Room

Pin Leo to the ground - don't let him move around, and especially don't let him crawl towards the bomb.

"Hey! Can you get that thing out of here? I think I've got this guy. Also, you should maybe think about having some more security guards or something, next time. One obviously isn't enough."

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: May 13, 2014, 02:21:49 pm »

Team A - Space | Skylar - Support

3D version from Steve later sounds great. We'll all bring popcorn and have a grand time watching things go boom :P

Try to relax while drifting off towards the planet. Turn on an external view and enjoy watching the void.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: May 13, 2014, 02:37:23 pm »

Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain

The prayers end in an exultation.  The will of Steve had been done!

"All praise be to Steve!  May Algis cover our escape!"

Evac!  If all the shuttles are gone, find an airlock and just bug out via jetting away from the battle with my MkIII.  Hopefully there is an extra fuel tank or something just lying around.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: May 13, 2014, 02:42:20 pm »

Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Escape Pod

Wait. Blow-by-blow simulation sounds good.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: May 13, 2014, 02:45:25 pm »

Team H, Starfleet Boot Camp, Anton Chernozorov

Pin Leo to the ground - don't let him move around, and especially don't let him crawl towards the bomb.

"Hey! Can you get that thing out of here? I think I've got this guy. Also, you should maybe think about having some more security guards or something, next time. One obviously isn't enough."
"I was thinking more along the lines of automated defenses and a dedicated base AI, personally. Speaking of which. Steve, emergency in the control room, Leo just tried to vaporize us all. Not sure if he's just crazy or under an influence, but he needs to be made unconscious. Zap him and send someone to pick him up. Have a look around the surveillance system too, he might not be the only one."

Alert Steve to the situation, have Leo be knocked out and picked up by security. Check the device Leo dropped, make sure it's not activated, and get it outside of the base facility just in case. If it's safe to handle, just rollerblade back to the Sword and deposit the device with the AM, then return to the control room.

((And blow-by-blow simulation sounds good. You can really just make an AAR of sorts instead, as part of the debriefing.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: May 13, 2014, 03:03:56 pm »

((Wait, does every ship have to bail out?))

Team E - Lerman

Run to a escape pod screaming. Flail arms.

"RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!

I blame you for everything, computer!"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:08:11 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: May 13, 2014, 03:31:48 pm »

Ship Delta (for now): Team F (for now): Grate (for ever)

Eject! Leave the doomed ship! Say goodbye to the battle and hello to...well...a wait until we either get picked up by some ship or simply de-orbit, whichever comes first.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: May 13, 2014, 06:57:36 pm »

"Dammit, all that effort for nothing. Ah well, I guess Steve wouldn't let me have it anyway."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: May 14, 2014, 01:39:21 am »

Team E(xpeditious Retreat!)

Haul ass to an escape pod if the cockpit in our ship doesn't eject or if the controls for it are mangled. Notify Steve of our dead teammate in stasis as soon as we are safely away.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1572 on: May 14, 2014, 12:47:12 pm »

Team H, Starfleet Boot Camp, Anton Chernozorov

"I was thinking more along the lines of automated defenses and a dedicated base AI, personally. Speaking of which. Steve, emergency in the control room, Leo just tried to vaporize us all. Not sure if he's just crazy or under an influence, but he needs to be made unconscious. Zap him and send someone to pick him up. Have a look around the surveillance system too, he might not be the only one."

Alert Steve to the situation, have Leo be knocked out and picked up by security. Check the device Leo dropped, make sure it's not activated, and get it outside of the base facility just in case. If it's safe to handle, just rollerblade back to the Sword and deposit the device with the AM, then return to the control room.

((And blow-by-blow simulation sounds good. You can really just make an AAR of sorts instead, as part of the debriefing.))

Steve electrocutes Leo into unconsciousness. However, no guards come to get him.

Wait, did simus ever grow some guards? Dang it.

The bomb is armed, but there's no timer or anything, it's just waiting to be detonated. It is promptly returned to the Armory master along with a request not to sell to Leo anymore.

Alright, Everyone who needed to has ejected. Good. I'm a bit too busy to do a good final post now, but I'll get one out this evening or tomorrow morning, once I don't have finals. Basically, you guys are gonna land, Someones gonna bring you back to the sword, and we'll have a debrief.

BE AWARE: Everyone who wants to get paid should be ready to tell steve what they did because it's been so long I think we're all having a bit of trouble remembering the specifics.

I MEAN STASIS DEMENTIA AHHHHHHH

Talk amongst yourselves for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: May 14, 2014, 01:02:38 pm »

Good luck on your finals!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: May 14, 2014, 01:40:17 pm »

((Good luck. Pay attention. Make sure to prepare any formula sheets/notes/whatever you're allowed to bring, even if you can't think of what you would need to put on them.))

Grate is presumably in the waiting room with everyone else? Is that where we're left off?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 109