Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 214302 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1050 on: April 10, 2014, 09:02:23 pm »

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate: Probably getting in trouble

"When I was needed by Steve, I got squished and shot. And shredded by fan blades."
I got everything, right?
Well, except crazy over there.
I'm not crazy!
I think I am, though.

Hope Lars's button-pushing doesn't kill us.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: April 10, 2014, 09:02:59 pm »

"Question not the will of the divine."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: April 10, 2014, 09:13:08 pm »

"I'm not so sure about the whole 'divine will' thing. It seems a lot more like things just happening. If everything's planned, it's not planned by someone who's very smart."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: April 10, 2014, 09:26:56 pm »

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

"No time to lose."

Lead the team onward, stopping if they want, but be sure to respond appropriately to enemies (as listed before), decompress any pressurized important rooms, and stay on my guard. If no enemies or important pressurized doors are encountered, charge an uncon bonus.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: April 10, 2014, 09:53:41 pm »

"I'm not so sure about the whole 'divine will' thing. It seems a lot more like things just happening. If everything's planned, it's not planned by someone who's very smart."

"Remember that the divine have a worldview far wider than we can even comprehend.  What may make no sense to us would be perfectly logical for one seeing the whole picture."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: April 11, 2014, 02:27:19 am »

Team C: Audaxes: Thomas

When Auron collapses, Thomas gives him a moment, then tries to help him up.
"You should probably let the other guy handle the space magic for a bit. Don't want to lose someone."
Head on ahead with the others, help carry Auron with one arm, rifle in the other. If we stop, take up watch, remaining as still as possible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: April 11, 2014, 07:33:20 am »

"Remember that the divine have a worldview far wider than we can even comprehend.  What may make no sense to us would be perfectly logical for one seeing the whole picture."
"With all due respect, that sounds like a cop-out."
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: April 11, 2014, 08:11:06 am »

Lars looked confused.  "Cop out for what?  Do you claim to be able to fathom infinity?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: April 11, 2014, 08:22:24 am »

"I don't think anyone can. Infinity is a lot. You need infinite something to have infinite everything, and having infinite anything just doesn't make sense."
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: April 11, 2014, 08:40:14 am »

Lars smiled.  Now the lad was getting it!  "And such is why the gods can see, and we mortals cannot.  Have faith, little one, and trust in the will of the Most Holy Steve, and your place in the universe will be found."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: April 11, 2014, 08:45:03 am »

"...How can gods do things that are impossible? If things are impossible, nothing can do it. That's what impossible means."
And if my place in the universe is where Steve's put me...I don't like the universe much.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: April 11, 2014, 08:48:34 am »

"Do we not define gods as those which are beyond mere mortals?  It would be impossible for me to lift one of our shuttles, but General Miyamoto could do it.  So, too, are the abilities of Steve far beyond the ken of mere mortals.  He can control the the worlds of the UWM and the ships of the HMRC all at once, can he not?  Could any of us do that?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 11, 2014, 09:23:38 am »

"No, but that isn't impossible, it's just hard. Steve can't fly faster than the speed of light; that's not hard, it's impossible. There's a difference between something being hard and something being impossible."
Sig

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 11, 2014, 09:29:02 am »

Team E

"We'll have to come back for him later. We're too far from the stasis pods to go back and we are almost there! Keep going!"

Reload and cover my teammate while he opens the door. If he can't do it, then give it a shot myself, either through Steve or with one of the cutters.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 11, 2014, 10:10:37 am »

"All this talk of gods and what's impossible is making me confused. Can we change the subject please?"
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 109